Official 5A State Playoff Brackets....

SgtRey

[quote name="SgtRey" post="701551" timestamp="1257694477"]
I think the region with the Woodlands/Skyline/RR Stony Point, looks toughest...we should get into the Semi's, our toughest opponent will be the winner out of Pearland/NS.
[/quote]I'm telling you guys, this is not going to be as easy as you think. It takes a good team just to make the playoffs, but it takes a combination of being lucky and good to win in the playoffs. We've been lucky a few times in the past, and I hope that trend continues. But please dont start looking four or five weeks ahead to who we might play, or how far you think we might get. We need to concentrate on Deer Park right now, and let the chips fall where they may, as to who we might see if we get past DP. I'm just saying, I've been here alot of times in the past, and I've always been disappointed when I start looking that far ahead. One game at a time!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="701561" timestamp="1257695027"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=62103.msg701551#msg701551 date=1257694477]
I think the region with the Woodlands/Skyline/RR Stony Point, looks toughest...we should get into the Semi's, our toughest opponent will be the winner out of Pearland/NS.
[/quote]I'm telling you guys, this is not going to be as easy as you think. It takes a good team just to make the playoffs, but it takes a combination of being lucky and good to win in the playoffs. We've been lucky a few times in the past, and I hope that trend continues. But please dont start looking four or five weeks ahead to who we might play, or how far you think we might get. We need to concentrate on Deer Park right now, and let the chips fall where they may, as to who we might see if we get past DP. I'm just saying, I've been here alot of times in the past, and I've always been disappointed when I start looking that far ahead. One game at a time!
[/quote]
I agree...but you can't say you didn't take a peak to the right of our bracket to see what could possibly happen.... ;D :D

GUILTY!!!  ;D I did look at the bracket. But I'm trying to keep things in perspective. Admittedly, by beating NS, we actually probably put them in the more favorable half of the bracket, and put us in the tougher side of the bracket. But I'll take it, AND the district title! I just hope we have our guns ready, and come away from Saturday's game with a few trophy bucks! :D

Hightower is very beatable.
The score on their game against Willowridge is a beat misleading.
Go back and look at the boxscore and see how that score got to how it did.
Willowridge was driving at the end of the second quarter, down 14-13.  They had a ball picked off and run back 96 yards for a td with a minute left in the first half to give Hightower a 21-13 halftime lead and then the Hurricanes used that momentum to pull away in the second half it seems.  
I wasn't at the game or anything, but the fact that Willowridge had a great chance to be up by a td at half time is all I need to know.

[quote name="BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN" post="701736" timestamp="1257707314"]
Hightower is probably the most underrated 5a team in the stae of texas ( next to West Brook). Hightower has not allowed more than 14 any game. There defense bigger and fast than Central. When and if West Brook and  Hightower play it should be a great game.
[/quote]
Yup.....I like the way we are quietly winning... "Thar iz da Brui-in car-fuulie stocking it's preeyy"..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124