PN-G Indians vs Austin LT Cavaliers-State Championship Game

Guest Ranger83

[quote name="Squaw1" post="697093" timestamp="1257367754"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=61835.msg696751#msg696751 date=1257349926]
I remember the 1999 team, this years PNG team is far from the same caliber team.  The 1999 had better players at every position, not even close.
[/quote]
Sorry, but you're dead wrong! In our last state championship win (1975), we were picked to lose every game and "executed" our way to a state title. This team is much more balanced than the 1999 team was, (much as it hurts to say it.)  If we'd run the ball more, we could've beat Stephenville. If this team continues like it has the past 3 games, a state playoff game is very possible. Bring 'em on!
[/quote]

Uh, no. no no no no no no. Not no way, not no how. PNG was great in 1999, but there was no chance of them beating Kendall Briles by himself much less the Stephenville team. As good as the Indians were, the Briles era teams were at a whole different level of football. I made all the PNG playoff games in 99, this team is no where near remotely as good as that team was. They were totally dominating up front, they  had an absolutely great defense and they STILL could not contain Briles alone, much less there overall scheme. To me the best game that year for PNG was the game against Schertz Clemens at Kyle field. That was a game for the ages, However in the championship game other than a few plays, Stephenville dominated PNG in every way shape form and fashion. The game was never in question, Stephenville was in total control from start to finish. One thing I do remember being suprised about was Long struggling with overthrows. He overthrew several (most) clutch situation passes and just killed the momentum time after time. It was not at all what I expected. Good memories, I really enjoyed watching PNG make a run that season.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="7mary3" post="697082" timestamp="1257367359"]
[quote author=games24x7 link=topic=61835.msg697060#msg697060 date=1257365962]
I don't hear the Dayton and Lumberton people talking much trash this year like they have. Why? Crosby took care of Dayton's fan's and 20-4A took care of Lumberton's. I listen to BH fan's talk crap on the Baseball forum and it is no different here. I would hate to see if ya'll actually won a big game that meant anything. I would like to tell you how I really feel about this topic but it would be erased.
[/quote]

Apparently you haven't been on here much.....lot's of nerves been hit here lately and apparently PNG has a huge one....
[/quote]

...Nerve that is. He meant to say huge nerve.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="697103" timestamp="1257368217"]
Did you folks not pay attention to the earlier post. YOU WILL NOT PLAY LAKE TRAVIS IN THE PLAYOFFS. AUSTIN TRAVIS IS D2 BUT THEY ARE A DIFFERENT TEAM!! I do not usually use all caps, but christ people wake up!! PNG will not get past Angleton - so get ready for that reality!! Geez - get educated. Can you see why folks are jumping your case PNG folks - good lord!
[/quote]

Well...tell the person that started this thread that, cause it wasn't anyone from PN-G!  Like I said, it was a rediculous thread to begin with, there's lots of football to be played, and no one knows who will make it to the big dance.  If it's us...GREAT...if not...that's great too, cause we've had a wonderful season, much better than anticipated.  There is a lot of trash talking going on by everyone, NOT JUST US!!  In the end...we are all just proud of our team and what they've accomplished, what's wrong with that? 

[quote name="akifan94" post="696727" timestamp="1257348818"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61835.msg696705#msg696705 date=1257347800]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61835.msg696661#msg696661 date=1257345261]
Based on what I've been reading, this is a no brain-er. Since my team and the teams I support have no chance next week, I thought I would just talk about something real.

I do not have access to all the stats that akifan has, but I attempted to look up some of the current players for both teams on Rivals.com. That pinko commie site had nothing on those boys from the Neches River Bottom! What's up with that?

Heck, the QB at LT, Michael Brewer, did not even start at QB last year. I bet LT's offensive line is no where near as BIG as PN-G's.

And defense? PNG #8! Nuff said!

Tradition? PNG hands down! LT was not even playing football in 1975! Look at what Lake Travis has done the past 10 years:

2008   16-0    4A D1 State Champions
2007   15-1    4A D2 State Champions    
2006     8-3    25 4-A District Champs
2005   11-1    Bi-District Champions
2004     8-3    27 4-A District Champs
2003     3-7    
2002     0-10  
2001     1-9    
2000      7-5    Bi-District Champions

We all know what happened in the past, stays in the past. We're talking about 2009! Right here! Right now!

PNG 52
LT     7    (LT will score late when PNG pulls the starters, AGAIN!)

[size=14pt]PNG Football: From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.[/size]

[/quote]

Akifan you must have a great sense of humor if you think this isn't funny  ;D and  a strange mind some how fitting in *censored*  in to the thread :-\ You must drive a nice shiny sports car ;D

I love the last line LOL
[/quote]

It is not funny. It is another lame attempt by a bh fan to start crap by starting a new thread for people to pile onto.

Call it what you want, but it is obvious that BH wished it could be everything PN-G is.

How many PN-G fans do you see starting lame posts that have nothing to do with PN-G? None. It takes anothers teams fan to start the threads.

Nice job BH fans.....
[/quote]
Evidently you don't read any other threads on this board other than PNG threads.  If you have, you could not possibly confuse Ranger with a "BH FAN".  he is not from BH and definitely is not a fan so please don't be bashin us real BH fans for this post.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="697164" timestamp="1257371214"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=61835.msg697082#msg697082 date=1257367359]
[quote author=games24x7 link=topic=61835.msg697060#msg697060 date=1257365962]
I don't hear the Dayton and Lumberton people talking much trash this year like they have. Why? Crosby took care of Dayton's fan's and 20-4A took care of Lumberton's. I listen to BH fan's talk crap on the Baseball forum and it is no different here. I would hate to see if ya'll actually won a big game that meant anything. I would like to tell you how I really feel about this topic but it would be erased.
[/quote]

Apparently you haven't been on here much.....lot's of nerves been hit here lately and apparently PNG has a huge one....
[/quote]

...Nerve that is. He meant to say huge nerve.

Ranger you must be extremely bored! ;D ;D
[/quote]

I'll tell you what is wrong with it from the outside looking in.

You appear to be a bit obsessed with hating PNG for some reason.  Probably because they are well represented on here, and the FANS (<---------- notice the FANS), who are usually over confident, are not shy about it.  If my favorite band in the history of music was New Kids on the Block, and came to a music forum to talk about music, more than likely, I am going to talk about the New Kids on the Block and how great they are.  People that can't stand the New Kids on the Block are going to make fun of me and will question why they think that their albums are so good.  However, in the end, no matter what the naysayers tell me (the FAN), it is not going to change my opinion of the New Kids on the Block.  My perception is that they are the best band on the earth, and nothing anyone says will change that.

Apparantly you have realized this about PNG FANS, so instead of arguing about it (which you got tired of), you are agreeing with them in a very sarcastic way since you were unable to convince them of any other way.  You are what a lot of people deem as a button pusher.  You want PNG FANS to get mad at your ridiculously sarcastic prediction and then argue with you, just so you can say, "I know, thats what I'm saying, PNG is awesome".  It is a different route than the one that wasnt working for you.  

Hope you kind of understand how I see it.  But, just remember, I am on the outside of you looking in, so it may be a little hard to understand.

Besides, in the end, you got what you were looking for.....A response from a PNG FAN.....Congratulations.

By the way, since we are being sarcastic........New Kids of the Block ROCK!

[quote name="steele curtain" post="697240" timestamp="1257376562"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=61835.msg696727#msg696727 date=1257348818]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61835.msg696705#msg696705 date=1257347800]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61835.msg696661#msg696661 date=1257345261]
Based on what I've been reading, this is a no brain-er. Since my team and the teams I support have no chance next week, I thought I would just talk about something real.

I do not have access to all the stats that akifan has, but I attempted to look up some of the current players for both teams on Rivals.com. That pinko commie site had nothing on those boys from the Neches River Bottom! What's up with that?

Heck, the QB at LT, Michael Brewer, did not even start at QB last year. I bet LT's offensive line is no where near as BIG as PN-G's.

And defense? PNG #8! Nuff said!

Tradition? PNG hands down! LT was not even playing football in 1975! Look at what Lake Travis has done the past 10 years:

2008   16-0    4A D1 State Champions
2007   15-1    4A D2 State Champions    
2006     8-3    25 4-A District Champs
2005   11-1    Bi-District Champions
2004     8-3    27 4-A District Champs
2003     3-7    
2002     0-10  
2001     1-9    
2000      7-5    Bi-District Champions

We all know what happened in the past, stays in the past. We're talking about 2009! Right here! Right now!

PNG 52
LT     7    (LT will score late when PNG pulls the starters, AGAIN!)

[size=14pt]PNG Football: From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.[/size]

[/quote]

Akifan you must have a great sense of humor if you think this isn't funny  ;D and  a strange mind some how fitting in *censored again!*in to the thread :-\ You must drive a nice shiny sports car ;D

I love the last line LOL
[/quote]

It is not funny. It is another lame attempt by a bh fan to start crap by starting a new thread for people to pile onto.

Call it what you want, but it is obvious that BH wished it could be everything PN-G is.

How many PN-G fans do you see starting lame posts that have nothing to do with PN-G? None. It takes anothers teams fan to start the threads.

Nice job BH fans.....
[/quote]
Evidently you don't read any other threads on this board other than PNG threads.  If you have, you could not possibly confuse Ranger with a "BH FAN".  he is not from BH and definitely is not a fan so please don't be bashin us real BH fans for this post.
[/quote]

Maybe he is not, but the "real" BH fans sure are egging him on.

I hope that PNG does well and advances through the playoffs, but I'll be surprised if they make it to the quarters.  The last thing they need to worry about is Angleton.  They will have other tests before them.  I think the jury is still out on how "great" they actually are.  I don't think they have beaten anyone that great, and thats why they are not ranked any higher than they are in most polls.

People making comparasions between this team and the 1999 team are either dreaming, or saw the 99 team play bad games.  This team is good, 99 was great.  The 99 team played some pretty good teams in the regular season, and then proved their mettle in the playoffs beating Waller, Brazosport, Lamarque, and Schertz Clemens, all very good teams.  Any suggestions saying this team is anything close to that team is premature and over the top.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="697404" timestamp="1257386017"]
I hope that PNG does well and advances through the playoffs, but I'll be surprised if they make it to the quarters.  The last thing they need to worry about is Angleton.  They will have other tests before them.  I think the jury is still out on how "great" they actually are.  I don't think they have beaten anyone that great, and thats why they are not ranked any higher than they are in most polls.

People making comparasions between this team and the 1999 team are either dreaming, or saw the 99 team play bad games.  This team is good, 99 was great.  The 99 team played some pretty good teams in the regular season, and then proved their mettle in the playoffs beating Waller, Brazosport, Lamarque, and Schertz Clemens, all very good teams.  Any suggestions saying this team is anything close to that team is premature and over the top.
[/quote]

Agreed.

We were sitting on the 50 for that game and saw all the others as well.  Dustin Long was truly a great qb-no denying that! Our running game was good, also.  BUT, our team was not truly balanced.  Without Dustin, we'd of been OK at best.  Dustin was responsible for beating Schertz.  We had good running backs that didn't get any playing time when we played for state and I still contend that had they ran more with the ball and mixed up the run/passing we could've won.  A running team can be beat, a passing team can be beat, but mix it up and do both and you have a great team.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="697458" timestamp="1257388946"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=61835.msg697444#msg697444 date=1257388341]
You PNG guys claim to know what Ranger83 is up to and yet you still respond!  :) Feed the monster and it grows! But admit it, he is funny.
[/quote]
Yes Yes his lack of football knowledge is rather funny. Kuddos for making us laugh so hard we cry. ;D
[/quote]

We all know that the Tri-city area is better known for inventing football than for the oil boom! Really we get it.

[/quote]

Winner winner chicken dinner.  ;D

People making comparasions between this team and the 1999 team are either dreaming, or saw the 99 team play bad games.  This team is good, 99 was great.  
[/quote]

You may be correct on this, and I'm not saying that the 09' edition of the Indians is, as you put it "GREAT", but I also believe that the 99' team, at this point in the season, was not great either.  As you put it, they "proved their mettle" in the playoffs, as most great teams do.  I will say this though,  I've watched PNG football for over 35 yrs.,and I've got to say that I'm more impressed with this team, [i]at this point of the season[/i], than any other team that I've witness...including the 75' team.

Sorry to the PNG faithful but part of the reason that many of you are so impressed this year, besides the record, is you've been watching pre-historic football schemes for far too long.  Shows what a fresh look at offensive and defensive schemes can do for a program that has talent to build with.  Although personally I would play my best 11 in high school, to each his own with playing both ways.  You've got a chance in the playoffs....but posters think with your heads and not your hearts....5 pages on an OBVIOUS dig thread???  Ranger you've outdone yourself this time :).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83