Corbin Bell
    ???

6. [b]Livingston[/b]
    ???

7.  [b]Ozen[/b]
     ???

8. [b]Central[/b]
    ???

[/quote]we shall see phatmack....might be a little different..But we will see...on the bulldogs ...a little birdy said something a little different...but we will see ;D ; :P

[quote name="WTB" post="701953" timestamp="1257727821"]
If Anthony Beard plays baseball for Lumberton your looking at a very good staff with Beard, Bell and Erickson. Beard was throwing in the mid to upper 80s as a Sophmore.
[/quote]Hmmm, is this a 'scare tactic' if true he should be in the low 100s as a senior..... ::) ::)

[quote name="643" post="702329" timestamp="1257762350"]
[quote author=WTB link=topic=61642.msg701953#msg701953 date=1257727821]
If Anthony Beard plays baseball for Lumberton your looking at a very good staff with Beard, Bell and Erickson. Beard was throwing in the mid to upper 80s as a Sophmore.
[/quote]Hmmm, is this a 'scare tactic' if true he should be in the low 100s as a senior..... ::) ::)
[/quote]

lol no it means that chances are he's still there? if he plays he will help them a lot.

• 1 month later...
baseball guy and rounder17, if you're from Lumberton then you know who I am.. There is no politics in Lumberton baseball. And if you're a parent, then no offense.. this isn't little league anymore. Zero politics. (Except in all-district voting  ;)) Best kid will play, trust me. I played varsity all 4 years and didn't start the first two district games of my senior year because I had poor practices leading up to that week... The best players will play regardless of age or position. There also isn't poor coaching, it's un-motivated players. As for Townsend, wait until he gets to the varsity level to start tabbing him as the next 1st team all district pitcher out of lumberton, because that's what Bell was. How a kid pitches on JV for two years makes it very tough to tab how they will do at the varsity level. As for Beard, Mack, I will talk to him and let you know.

[quote name="AJ25" post="730636" timestamp="1260860469"]
baseball guy.. quit hatin' because he plays select ball.. Pretty sure most guys on Lumberton's team do, as well as most teams around here. It's not an achievement, it's expected. And as for Lumberton being terrible, we play in one of the best districts in 4A baseball. and by saying select ball is better than highschool, you're saying there's guys out there that don't play highschool ball? Yeah, you're wrong. Sure, there's scouts there. Just like highschool games. In some districts I would agree with you that select is better, but we had 3 teams in our district go to the 3rd round or better just this past year alone. How many districts can say that? And if you're so against Lumberton highschool, then why is your son/cousin/nephew/brother playing for them? He hasn't been on varsity yet, which gives him plenty of time to transfer to a much 'Better' baseball school. Townsend is good, and Lumberton baseball is getting better bud, ask around. If you think you can do a better job then the coaching staff there, then you go to school and get your degree. Quit complaining about politics. To know whether there is politics or not means you're a former player or a parent who is pissed your son didn't get a chance. Little league is over. Again, this is nothing against Taylor, he does have talent.
[/quote]

Guest baseball25
baseballguy, you are clueless, I sure hope your aren't townsend parents. Lumberton baseball is like little league because they don't have the college type players they use to have, bell is a very good pitcher but he can't carry the load the whole season, somebody else needs to step it up, you just can't lean on bell the whole yr like last yr.

[quote name="baseball25" post="730729" timestamp="1260893077"]
baseballguy, you are clueless, I sure hope your aren't townsend parents. Lumberton baseball is like little league because they don't have the college type players they use to have, bell is a very good pitcher but he can't carry the load the whole season, somebody else needs to step it up, you just can't lean on bell the whole yr like last yr.
[/quote]

Do have to agree with that.. There has only been two scholarship players in the last six years from Lumberton. But baseballguy, the district is full of them. We played teams in district with guys going to Big 12 schools, CUSA schools, SLC, and legit juco schools. At Townsend's age, he can't say he's done that through select ball. And that's what guys like Bell have to do week in and week out. When he gets on varsity, and is consistent like he was on JV, then you can get on here and talk about this select ball business.

Don't Know Townsend, seen him Pitch through the summer & fall and with all the talent in lumberton and Bell was left to carrie the load which he did ok something is wrong somewhere. with that said hope Lumberton can get it together and have a good season. Not hating  just fact. I'm done

Enough is enough guys.  Both Bell and Townsend played for us on Gladiators this past summer.  BOTH are very good ball players and pitchers.  I would take BOTH of them for my high school team.

I do not believe that this is the place to call out kids and compare them.  Secondly, no coach likes it when a parent/relative/player uses forums like this to air laundry.  Nor do they like it when people sit in the stands and make disaparaging comments about the coach, the program, or a player.  You got a problem with your organization or school program, talk to the only guy that matters, your coach.  Save the bickering and comparing of 17 year old players for your back yard, in private.

For the record AJ25, Townsend did play against legitimate D1 and JUCO prospects this past summer and Fall.  But that is immaterial to this discussion.

I have been affiliated with the Lumberton High School for sometime and well aware of who Corbin Bell and Taylor Townsend are.They both are good guys, and good ball players.I hope for the sake of these boys that they both get a fair shot. I will only say that I do know the coaching staff and well things need to improve in that department...Good Luck Raiders

Guest baseball25
Baseball guy with all the talent I mean come on there is not a pro/div 1 player on there team rightnow. When lumberton was hood they about six or seven prospects and three or four pro prospects

bmtball, I don't think you were talking about me when you mentioned bashing, etc... I have said nothing wrong on here. But I do strongly believe there is a big difference between legit division 1 PROSPECT and a player who has already committed or signed with a Division 1 program, which he has yet to do. That's all I was implying. Sure, there are some great 16 and 17 year olds out there, but they're not ready to play division 1 ball. Like I said, Bell has proven himself, Townsend hasn't. Also like I said, Townsend does have talent, and maybe he will be a great pitcher one day. As for politics again, I don't believe there is any.

[quote name="AJ25" post="731038" timestamp="1260923575"]
bmtball, I don't think you were talking about me when you mentioned bashing, etc... I have said nothing wrong on here. But I do strongly believe there is a big difference between legit division 1 PROSPECT and a player who has already committed or signed with a Division 1 program, which he has yet to do. That's all I was implying. Sure, there are some great 16 and 17 year olds out there, but they're not ready to play division 1 ball. Like I said, Bell has proven himself, Townsend hasn't. Also like I said, Townsend does have talent, and maybe he will be a great pitcher one day. As for politics again, I don't believe there is any.
[/quote]

Again, I don't think this is the place to debate the merits of two 17 year old young men.  Period.  It is not fair to anyone.  I think the comparisons between players should stop.

AJ. you were right.  I wasn't talking about you and bashing.

Ha Ha omg you people are nuts.  If you think there is no politics in Lumberton baseball  lumberton football  your on crack.  HMMMM  ask the coach about the hunting trip paid for my Mr. bell.  and who is on Mr. bells payroll during the summer months...  no politics my butt.  As far as who is better at pitching on the team, beats me.  I have not watched a game.  I just couldnt resist responding to the no politics comment.  get real people.

[quote name="crazy8" post="731214" timestamp="1260941506"]
Ha Ha omg you people are nuts.  If you think there is no politics in Lumberton baseball  lumberton football  your on crack.  HMMMM  ask the coach about the hunting trip paid for my Mr. bell.  and who is on Mr. bells payroll during the summer months...  no politics my butt.  As far as who is better at pitching on the team, beats me.  I have not watched a game.  I just couldnt resist responding to the no politics comment.  get real people.
[/quote]

You just contradicted yourself so much. You just said you've never watched any games.. So you have no idea how Mr. Bell has pitched? Just so you know, the guy was first team alldistrict as a SOPHOMORE. Maybe that's why the guy pitched so much. As for the hunting trip, sounds kinda like friends to me. You know, the kind of people you hang out with. But ask around, Corbin isn't too shabby.. If that's your only basis for politics, then don't comment on this thread again. And as for football, don't even talk. There is no politics in that either. Parents make theirselves look like fools and EMBARRASS their kids by complaining to coaches because their kid isn't playing. Get over it. Like I've said in previous post.. This isn't little league and your kid doesn't have to play. If you think he should be playing, then talk to the coach. Quit complaining. Actually, don't talk to the coaches because no coach will change their starting lineup because of what a parent says. THAT is politics. Get over yourselves.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder