Why is everone so SCARED of Angleton?

TexAgNDN

Yes - Angleton, Fw and Dawson are in - FW #1 Seed and Dawson are D1, Angleton D2. FW beats Lamarque next week - Santa Fe is in as number 2 D2 - I think that would the scenario. I may have it slightly wrong - but Santa Fe will drop their last 4 district games and back into the playoffs.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="690802" timestamp="1256933716"]
In reference back to the topic of the thread....
Friendswood Fan...
Does it look like Sante Fe will be the #2 seed in division II out of your district.

In comparison to 20-4A and 24-4A...
NO WAY do the Indians go undefeated through that district (and I am a PN-G alum).
Just way too much talented teams in that district from top to bottom.
The bottom teams in 24-4A are WAY better than 20-4A.

Angleton is the top team in Region III, that being said, on any given night anybody can beat anybody.

[/quote]

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwstangs, I don't know if Sante Fe just had a bad game, but they didn't look like a team that reeled off 6 straight wins, much less a playoff team. It looks like they still could sneak in because LaMarque screwed things up by losing to a team that still has a chance now in Manvel. But Angleton completely dominated the Indians. Angleton unloaded the bench players midway in the 3rd or it could have been 50-0. Sante Fe was the feel good story early in the season, but I think they wouldn't do well representing 24-4A. Just my opinion. Well I guess now PNG doesn't have to worry about the Cats now. Now they get to worry about FWood and Dawson.  

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="692280" timestamp="1256998216"]
fwstangs, I don't know if Sante Fe just had a bad game, but they didn't look like a team that reeled off 6 straight wins, much less a playoff team. It looks like they still could sneak in because LaMarque screwed things up by losing to a team that still has a chance now in Manvel. But Angleton completely dominated the Indians. Angleton unloaded the bench players midway in the 3rd or it could have been 50-0. Sante Fe was the feel good story early in the season, but I think they would do well representing 24-4A. Just my opinion. Well I guess now PNG doesn't have to worry about the Cats now. Now they get to worry about FWood and Dawson. 
[/quote]

After the year I heard you guys are having I told my guys up in Marshall last week you were the team to beat down here.  You guys will have a much easier road than we do bc we have Denton Guyer sp, Lake Dallas and the Metroplex is loaded this year. Good luck bc I am rooting for Friensdwood, Dayton and your squad to make a good run.

fwstangs, I don't know if Sante Fe just had a bad game, but they didn't look like a team that reeled off 6 straight wins, much less a playoff team. It looks like they still could sneak in because LaMarque screwed things up by losing to a team that still has a chance now in Manvel. But Angleton completely dominated the Indians. Angleton unloaded the bench players midway in the 3rd or it could have been 50-0. Sante Fe was the feel good story early in the season, but I think they wouldn't do well representing 24-4A. Just my opinion. Well I guess now PNG doesn't have to worry about the Cats now. Now they get to worry about FWood and Dawson.  
[/quote]

How is that? PN-G is pretty much assured of going D2.

[/quote]

You are right - somehow they won some tough games, including FW, then reality set in, they are just not that good. If they lose against Manvel, they are not necessarily in, more than you want to know but here it is from our local news paper!

District 24-4A
Current standings
y-Angleton — 6-0
x-Friendswood — 4-2
x-Dawson — 4-2
Santa Fe — 3-3
Texas City — 2-4
La Marque — 2-4
Manvel — 2-4
Brazosport — 1-5
y-clinched district title
x-clinched playoff berth

For the second straight year, it appears that no one wants the final playoff spot from this district. It’s also starting to look as though a 3-4 district record will once again get a team in the playoffs.

Before going over the scenarios, here is the week 10 schedule:
• Manvel at Angleton
• Brazosport at Texas City
• Dawson at Santa Fe
• La Marque at Friendswood

Santa Fe holds the advantage in this district and will get that last playoff spot should it win. Easy enough.

Now for the confusing part. Should Santa Fe lose, it sets up numerous different scenarios for that final spot.

In three- or four-way ties, if one team hasn’t beaten the others involved, then it comes down to point differential. There’s a maximum cap of 18 points and a minimum of -18 points when combining the point differential from each game of the participating teams.

Without confusing everyone further, here are the scenarios and which team would get in for each. Remember, each scenario assumes that Santa Fe loses, and the winning teams tie the Indians at 3-4 in the standings. Point differential number is in parenthesis.

• La Marque, Texas City and Manvel win — Manvel clinches (+8)
• La Marque and Manvel win, Texas City loses — Manvel clinches (+12)
• La Marque and Texas City win, Manvel loses — La Marque clinches (+5)
• La Marque wins, Texas City and Manvel lose — La Marque clinches (head-to-head over SF)
• Texas City wins, La Marque and Manvel lose — Santa Fe clinches (h2h over TC)
• Manvel wins, La Marque and Texas City lose — Manvel clinches (h2h over SF)

That leaves one more scenario:
• Texas City and Manvel win, La Marque loses

Here’s the problem — with the point differential with that scenario, all of the teams would even out. Manvel beat Santa Fe by four, Santa Fe beat Texas City by four, and Texas City beat Manvel by four.

So what is the next tiebreaker? I have to find that out, but it could possibly come down to a coin flip. Yes, a coin flip, ala Friday Night Lights fame. When I find out for sure, I’ll pass along that info.

Buckley’s predictions
So how do I see this shaking down? Well don’t be shocked to see a four-win Ball High home get left at home, while a three-win Santa Fe team sneaks into the playoffs.

District 24-5A
Springs — 6-1 (Division II, top seed)
Brazoswood — 5-2 (DI, top seed)
Creek — 4-3 (DI, bottom seed)
Dickinson — 4-3 (DII, bottom seed)
Ball — 4-3
Brook — 3-4
Lake — 1-6
Alvin — 1-6

District 24-4A
Angleton — 8-0 (DII, top seed)
Friendswood — 5-2 (DI, top seed)
Dawson — 5-2 (DI, bottom seed)
Santa Fe — 3-4 (DII, bottom seed)
Texas City — 3-4
Manvel — 2-5
La Marque — 2-5
Brazosport — 1-6

What are your predictions heading into the final week of the regular season?

[/quote]

I spoke with a friend from PNG and he said they were D2! I was hoping FW might get to play them, but no go according to him.

Angleton defeated both Friendswood and Pearland Dawson fairly easy, as well as Brazoswood, which is a very competitive 5a school.  My opinion is that PNG would have more then its hands full with Angleton.  They are probally going to take the 4a D11 title, and would be serious contenders in D1.

From what I have seen this season, Manvel is by far the best team right now of all the contenders for the last spot. Santa Fe beat us in the pouring rain, with our top RB out, and we played poorly. Manvel played us to 4 Overtimes last week, and looked better than anybody but Angleton, better even than Dawson.
Manvel has a lot of talent, but has had problems getting it put together til late, Santa Fe started off with easy opponents, got hot, upset us in the rain, and has since fell apart. Manvel is by far and away the team that should get the playoff berth. If Manvel gets in, 24-4A could conceivably go 4-0 in the first round of playoffs.

[quote name="fatdaddy" post="692471" timestamp="1257009099"]
From what I have seen this season, Manvel is by far the best team right now of all the contenders for the last spot. Santa Fe beat us in the pouring rain, with our top RB out, and we played poorly. Manvel played us to 4 Overtimes last week, and looked better than anybody but Angleton, better even than Dawson.
Manvel has a lot of talent, but has had problems getting it put together til late, Santa Fe started off with easy opponents, got hot, upset us in the rain, and has since fell apart. Manvel is by far and away the team that should get the playoff berth. If Manvel gets in, 24-4A could conceivably go 4-0 in the first round of playoffs.
[/quote] Manvel may be the best,but their not gong to beat Angnleton in week 10! Looks like Santa fe will back into the 4th spot.  Who will Friendswood meet in the 1st round?

I hope Marshall will win state but Denton Guyer and some of the Dallas will have something to say about it. PNG is in a very weak district and will be short live in my opinion.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="693266" timestamp="1257052569"]
Who is Angleton? Never heard of them. If they would have won a lot of state championships I think I would of heard of them. Apparently NOT.
[/quote]

Doubt you would bc proably have two purple lead pipes stuck in each ear.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="693414" timestamp="1257087896"]
If you have not figured it out yet I dont care about what anyone thinks. When Angleton loses out  just remember I said they would not win state.
[/quote]

Oh I figured it out. People who simply say one team will not do something but have not stance on who will do well are a dime a dozen. , have a good life, See ya!

[quote name="etbu" post="693245" timestamp="1257051402"]
I hope Marshall will win state but Denton Guyer and some of the Dallas will have something to say about it. PNG is in a very weak district and will be short live in my opinion.
[/quote]

Why does PN-G come up in all these threads....yall sceered?

Very weak district?  That's funny too!

I'm thinking these boys over in Houston are on here posting about their teams because they are concerned about what this district is bringing to the playoffs. Fear is a big motivator which causes folks to start things like this thread to make them feel better about their team and their own lack of confidence for their team. You guys need to focus on who your gonna be playing this Friday and the following Friday and not what could happen in 3-4 weeks. If this match up happens then you can start your emotional based fear posting !!!. All your fans know you are a beatable team, you just haven't had a super stout Defense to hold you down yet and keep your 1 (one) superstar in check !!! So move on and support your team(s) this week and the following weeks if you make it that far. And if so we will see you then !!!

[quote name="pngfan66" post="693529" timestamp="1257097327"]
I'm thinking these boys over in Houston are on here posting about their teams because they are concerned about what this district is bringing to the playoffs. Fear is a big motivator which causes folks to start things like this thread to make them feel better about their team and their own lack of confidence for their team. You guys need to focus on who your gonna be playing this Friday and the following Friday and not what could happen in 3-4 weeks. If this match up happens then you can start your emotional based fear posting !!!. All your fans know you are a beatable team, you just haven't had a super stout Defense to hold you down yet and keep your 1 (one) superstar in check !!! So move on and support your team(s) this week and the following weeks if you make it that far. And if so we will see you then !!!
[/quote]Let me get this straight if anybody,but PNG wants to post that means their afraid and if PNG posts that means their great ! Come back when your three or four rounds deep in the playoffs and boast other wise watch out for all the crows flying your way !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83