Why is everone so SCARED of Angleton?

TexAgNDN

[quote name="dayton" post="697924" timestamp="1257441148"]
[quote author=Football Fan 50 link=topic=61287.msg697886#msg697886 date=1257439736]
Flipper, [b]I guess you are referring to Kirbyville as the only SETX team [/b] to make it further than FW. But as this year goes I will root for Region III,if its a SETX team or whoever it is.
[/quote]

we played in the championship last year.... I always root for region III teams... even if its FW. ;)
[/quote]
Oh yeah, I forgot about Dayton. ;) But all kidding aside, I am looking forward to the playoffs this year and some good football outta Region III. Good luck to all.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Football Fan 50" post="697950" timestamp="1257443049"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=61287.msg697924#msg697924 date=1257441148]
[quote author=Football Fan 50 link=topic=61287.msg697886#msg697886 date=1257439736]
Flipper, [b]I guess you are referring to Kirbyville as the only SETX team [/b] to make it further than FW. But as this year goes I will root for Region III,if its a SETX team or whoever it is.
[/quote]

we played in the championship last year.... I always root for region III teams... even if its FW. ;)
[/quote]
Oh yeah, I forgot about Dayton. ;) But all kidding aside, I am looking forward to the playoffs this year and some good football outta Region III. Good luck to all.
[/quote]

ditto

[quote name="fatdaddy" post="697989" timestamp="1257444674"]
I will go out on a limb. I am calling an upset of Angleton by Manvel this Friday!
That would actually be bad news for the Region, because it would make Angleton more focused, and stop any overconfidence from setting in.
[/quote]

Do you think Angleton plays this game all out... Or do you think they make sure that stable of studs is healthy??

It matters not in the seeding...

As a true Friendswood fan, I have to say that I question fwstangs bona fides.  I suspect an Angelton fan masquerading as a Mustang!

Also, as I have previously said, the top several teams from 24-4A would (and will if another opportunity presents itself) destroy any team from 20-4A (including PNG).  It just is not close -- maybe it was years ago, but it is not now!

Finally, Dayton just keep hanging on the fact that you got one step further in the [u]4A, D2 playoffs[/u] last than Friendswood got in the 4A, D1 playoffs.  The bottom line is both teams lost to better teams, but Friendswood was by far better than Dayton (as evidenced by the head to head, the historical record, etc.).  

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="697997" timestamp="1257445017"]
As a true Friendswood fan, I have to say that I question fwstangs bona fides.  I suspect an Angelton fan masquerading as a Mustang!

Also, as I have previously said, the top several teams from 24-4A would (and will if another opportunity presents itself) destroy any team from 20-4A (including PNG).  It just is not close -- maybe it was years ago, but it is not now!

Finally, Dayton just keep hanging on the fact that you got one step further in the [u]4A, D2 playoffs[/u] last than Friendswood got in the 4A, D1 playoffs.  [b]The bottom line is both teams lost to better teams, but Friendswood was by far better than Dayton (as evidenced by the head to head, the historical record, etc.).  [/b]
[/quote]

true... both got beat by better teams and Fwood was better when we faced each other..... all that matters.

[quote name="dayton" post="697990" timestamp="1257444749"]
[quote author=fatdaddy link=topic=61287.msg697989#msg697989 date=1257444674]
I will go out on a limb. I am calling an upset of Angleton by Manvel this Friday!
That would actually be bad news for the Region, because it would make Angleton more focused, and stop any overconfidence from setting in.
[/quote]

Do you think Angleton plays this game all out... Or do you think they make sure that stable of studs is healthy??

[/quote]

That's what I was wondering about. Coach Vanover might want to rest some starters since the only thing they could get out of this is a 10-0 record, which would be nice. They already had one of their starting linebackers go down with a season ending injury last week, so Vanover might be hesitant to play his starters the whole game. Plus Manvel REALLY needs this game to have a shot at te postseason.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="698018" timestamp="1257445544"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=61287.msg697990#msg697990 date=1257444749]
[quote author=fatdaddy link=topic=61287.msg697989#msg697989 date=1257444674]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That's what I was wondering about. Coach Vanover might want to rest some starters since the only thing they could get out of this is a 10-0 record, which would be nice. They already had one of their starting linebackers go down with a season ending injury last week, so Vanover might be hesitant to play his starters the whole game. Plus Manvel REALLY needs this game to have a shot at te postseason.
[/quote]

definitely not a good time for injuries.

How many of your offensive starters see time on D... The highlights I've seen have a lot of Diggs, #4 and #2 (josey, i think) on both sides of the ball.

Diggs, Josey and Foster play on defense, but get substituted throughout the game. Diggs pretty much stays on the field the whole time and doesn't like to take a breather. Josey starts at RB, but Franks, Foster and sometimes Butler get carries. The ball is pretty much spread around unless the Cats need a big play, which Diggs number is then called. There is always fresh legs in the backfield.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="698046" timestamp="1257446194"]
Diggs, Josey and Foster play on defense, but get substituted throughout the game. Diggs pretty much stays on the field the whole time and doesn't like to take a breather. Josey starts at RB, but Franks, Foster and sometimes Butler get carries. The ball is pretty much spread around unless the Cats need a big play, which Diggs number is then called. There is always fresh legs in the backfield.
[/quote]

All those kids can flat out go!

I was impressed with the little I saw of butler... I know about diggs and the other 3, but I think he's right there with them.

[quote name="liltex" post="697628" timestamp="1257399513"]
AT Wildcat Manvel is not very good?Well those Stangs sure had plenty of trouble again this year;Manvel led Friendswood 14-7 till 10:58 left in the game.Tied 14-14 regulation-Friendswood kicks a field goal in the 3rd OT to win 30-27.Angleton will have to chunk the pig big time to beat any Setx team in div.2.
[/quote]

Newsflash - we are not as good as we were last year! We are not on here claiming we are going to win a state title - get the difference? We killed Nederland and they have been competitive in this powerhouse district. Get the point!!

[quote name="Backflipper" post="697860" timestamp="1257438240"]
I wonder if FW is gonna come watch some SETX teams play once FW get knocked out of the playoffs again? FW fans come support the SETX team that makes it further into the playoffs then you will. AGAIN!
[/quote]

The classy Backflipper is back with is very educational posts. As we have stated over and over again - we will support the region teams who ever they are, will you? Get some class!

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="697997" timestamp="1257445017"]

Finally, Dayton just keep hanging on the fact that you got one step further in the [u]4A, D2 playoffs[/u] last than Friendswood got in the 4A, D1 playoffs.  The bottom line is both teams lost to better teams, but Friendswood was by far better than Dayton (as evidenced by the head to head, the historical record, etc.).  
[/quote]

Nope - true Friendswood fan who lives near Marys creek, loves Red Top, loves Stefanos and Father Skip is my main main at MAry Queen. Oh yeah need more data - but I understand your doubts since I have a new handle. I just really was impressed by the depth of the angleton athletes. Agree with your above assessments by the way!!

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="699218" timestamp="1257549587"]
I know when your team isnt doing as well its sucks. You are irrational thinking that 24-4a would sweep 20-4A. You can talk until you are red in the face but when your home you wont have alot to say. I support 20-4A 1st then region 3 you can support FW then AT and it will be a long wait when you all go home.
[/quote]

Hammer do you have to keep two or three oxgen tanks hooked up to computer to keep the hot air coming?

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="699988" timestamp="1257569020"]
You can do what you think you need to do with the hot air now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were is Angleton tonight.
[/quote]

Rested up baby! How bout PNG barely beating the powerhouse Central Jags! They both know that anyone can beat anybody!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476