***SETXSPORTS.COM WEEK 8 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS***

WOSgrad

forumbannerl.jpg

WEEK EIGHT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS

5A/4A Poll

[table]

[tr]

[td]Rank    [/td]

[td]Team  [/td]

[td]

Record 

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Prev. 

[/td]

[td]Next Opponent[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Port Neches-Groves [6][/td]

[td]

7-0

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at #10 Lumberton[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Beaumont Central [4][/td]

[td]

6-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 vs. #9 Ozen[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Port Arthur Memorial[/td]

[td]

5-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at #4 West Brook[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td] Beaumont West Brook[/td]

[td]

4-3

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 vs. #3 Memorial[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Crosby[/td]

[td]

5-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at Barbers Hill[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Dayton[/td]

[td]

5-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at Galena Park[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Vidor[/td]

[td]

5-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 vs. LC-Mauriceville[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Goose Creek Memorial[/td]

[td]

5-3

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

--

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at Houston C.E. King[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Beaumont Ozen[/td]

[td]

3-4

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

--

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at #2 Central[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Lumberton[/td]

[td]

4-3

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at #1 PN-G[/td]

[/tr][/table]

Also receiving votes:  Barbers Hill 9

3A/2A/1A/Privates Poll

[table]

[tr]

[td]Rank    [/td]

[td]Team  [/td]

[td]

Record 

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Prev. 

[/td]

[td]Next Opponent[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Newton [9]    [/td]

[td]

7-0

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 vs. Hemphill[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Jasper [1][/td]

[td]

6-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 vs. Carthage[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Kirbyville[/td]

[td]

5-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 vs. Woodville[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Silsbee[/td]

[td]

3-4

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at Orangefield[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Cleveland[/td]

[td]

6-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 vs. Tarkington[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]West Orange-Stark[/td]

[td]

5-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at #9 Bridge City[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Coldspring[/td]

[td]

6-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at Splendora[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Evadale[/td]

[td]

7-0

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 at West Hardin[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Bridge City[/td]

[td]

5-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 23 vs. #6 WO-S[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]East Chambers[/td]

[td]

6-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

--

[/td]

[td]Oct. 30 at Kountze[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Also receiving votes:  Orangefield 8, Hardin-Jefferson 7

To all the Central fans that bad mouthed  The beaumont enterprise for putting Port Neches - Groves in front of Central in their POLLS..We (PNG) are coming to show how good of football team we are to you , soon enough, after we get through with Lumberton and Ozen..

I'm a Central fan, but never complained.  I don't care or respect the 'Suprise' one bit, so I really don't care what their rankings are.  But If you want to show Central something, you will have to face us at the last game ever at Babe.  Won't be easy, I tell you that!

I believe the standard poll formula (10 points for a first place vote 1 point for a 10th place vote) is used.

So its infinitely subjective... cool.

Wish it were based more on a CPU system but whatever... i.e. like Pts per shut out pts. per win total. etc...

But heres my next questions how many voters have seen Crosby play since the PNG game?

if not heres a link or two.

O all those fumbles remember "dayton gave us this game"

and heres a fun video... Our defense has a problem... well i guess its a problem, other teams can't seem to keep thier QB's healthy against the Cougs 3 weeks 6 QB's seen...

Who does he want to be ahead of?  It took PNG 7 wins to get to the top (not to mention a 37-7 strumming of Crosby).  Central has been solid all year (only loss to WB in a very close game).  PAM knocked off North Shore.  WB would wipe the floor with Crosby. 

Because Crosby looked so bad at the beginning of the season, they have had to climb out of the "cellar" to get back in the top 10.  Be thankful for your 5-seed.  If you keep winning, you got a shot at moving up.

Remember, the computer polls take into account "who beat who."  They aren't based soley on the figures you mentioned.  Oh, and if you started low, it takes longer to get to the top than those that started high and keep winning.

Who does he want to be ahead of?  It took PNG 7 wins to get to the top (not to mention a 37-7 strumming of Crosby).  Central has been solid all year (only loss to WB in a very close game).  PAM knocked off North Shore.  WB would wipe the floor with Crosby. 

Because Crosby looked so bad at the beginning of the season, they have had to climb out of the "cellar" to get back in the top 10.  Be thankful for your 5-seed.  If you keep winning, you got a shot at moving up.

Remember, the computer polls take into account "who beat who."  They aren't based soley on the figures you mentioned.  Oh, and if you started low, it takes longer to get to the top than those that started high and keep winning.

CPU poll take these things into account, Win, Win streak, Team Rank of who you beat, and losses.

Crosby's two Losses are to the Now #1 and a state top 25 Ennis team, Westbrook has loss to got blown out by Spring westfield, Eisenhower (5-3), Ill give them losing to Katy, also none of thier "great wins" are very impressive. honestly thier predictable they beat the teams they should and the lose to the teams they shouldn't. of course after this week it won't matter you'll either have pam or westbrook falling... judging from what they've done i got PAM in this one..

Ill give PAM an edge on the COugs northshore was a big fish to fry and they did it.

Central Beat PAM, yeah good win im pretty sure PAM is a better team now but whatever haven't lost also hasn't really played anyone however... at least westbrook scheduled some good games, also central came very close to losing to Vidor.

to say that westbrook would beat crosby is a fallacy. I think it'd be a good game, and yet again another instance of Beaumont bias... I respect the golden triangle i just wish they'd give respect where its due.

CPU poll take these things into account, Win, Win streak, Team Rank of who you beat, and losses.

Crosby's two Losses are to the Now #1 and a state top 25 Ennis team, Westbrook has loss to got blown out by Spring westfield, Eisenhower (5-3), Ill give them losing to Katy, also none of thier "great wins" are very impressive. honestly thier predictable they beat the teams they should and the lose to the teams they shouldn't. of course after this week it won't matter you'll either have pam or westbrook falling... judging from what they've done i got PAM in this one..

Ill give PAM an edge on the COugs northshore was a big fish to fry and they did it.

Central Beat PAM, yeah good win im pretty sure PAM is a better team now but whatever haven't lost also hasn't really played anyone however... at least westbrook scheduled some good games, also central came very close to losing to Vidor.

to say that westbrook would beat crosby is a fallacy. I think it'd be a good game, and yet again another instance of Beaumont bias... I respect the golden triangle i just wish they'd give respect where its due.

2 of the top 6 teams are Crosby and Dayton. Learn your facts and go play football instead of worrying about rankings.

2 of the top 6 teams are Crosby and Dayton. Learn your facts and go play football instead of worrying about rankings.

Thats what our boys have been doing playing football and beating people... im simply stating you need a heart check in your votes about your serious overating of "beaumont" squads. PNG is number one but your love for central and westbrook is funny at best... honestly let those broncos defend themselves. but a 3 loss team ahead of the COugs in simply a fallacy.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="682509" timestamp="1256162728"]
[quote author=Gabe link=topic=61081.msg682485#msg682485 date=1256161244]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=61081.msg682482#msg682482 date=1256160983]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=61081.msg682287#msg682287 date=1256148285]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats what our boys have been doing playing football and beating people... im simply stating you need a heart check in your votes about your serious overating of "beaumont" squads. PNG is number one but your love for central and westbrook is funny at best... honestly let those broncos defend themselves. but a 3 loss team ahead of the COugs in simply a fallacy.
[/quote]

You'll aren't better than central

So basically Cougs is only griping for one spot in the rankings.  He believes his team should be ahead of WB.  What does one spot matter?  I by no means have a Beaumont bias.  I rip the beaumont schools every chance I get, but I give them props whenever they deserve them.  Here, WB is better than Crosby.  Just because Crosby has one more victory than WB doesn't mean that Crosby is a better team.  

You can look at your greatly touted computer rankings for instance.  You see, USC has 1 loss.  TCU has 0.  USC lost to someone they were suppose to beat.  The computers, although TCU is undefeated, has USC ahead of TCU.  Why, because USC is better.

Coug, here you go.....

"I hereby denounce our Ranking of week 8 and rank WB #10....therefore granting Crosby to move up".....

It's done Coug.

Good Job with the Rankings guys.

Coug, I'm sure the crosby vs wb game will never happen, and "what if's" are endless....appreciate the fact we have a place to discuss opinions and we'll talk to you next week... 8)

[quote name="NDNTime" post="682629" timestamp="1256173222"]
So basically Cougs is only griping for one spot in the rankings.  He believes his team should be ahead of WB.  What does one spot matter?  I by no means have a Beaumont bias.  I rip the beaumont schools every chance I get, but I give them props whenever they deserve them.  Here, WB is better than Crosby.  Just because Crosby has one more victory than WB doesn't mean that Crosby is a better team.  

You can look at your greatly touted computer rankings for instance.  You see, USC has 1 loss.  TCU has 0.  USC lost to someone they were suppose to beat.  The computers, although TCU is undefeated, has USC ahead of TCU.  Why, because USC is better.
[/quote]

Im done with my lobbying ebcause thats all it is but i'd like to point out some logical fallacies.
"Here, WB is better than Crosby.  Just because Crosby has one more victory than WB doesn't mean that Crosby is a better team." when you make this statement im sure its because you've seen both teams play and are making a description between two games... right? However much i doubt that i could see a PNG fan thinking Crosby isn't as good as WB (because of games they've seen)

Your comaprison to BCS rankings is simpyl off point the strength of schedule would be higher for the cougs than who WB has played...

Granted lossing two of those games is an issue, but simply put the TCU in this situation would be WB.

Honestly this isn't the correct scenario a better one would be WB as OU and Crosby as Like South Carolina two different confrences, SC has 2 losses, OU has three results SC is in top 25 OU isn't...

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="682789" timestamp="1256188045"]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=61081.msg682629#msg682629 date=1256173222]

[/quote]

Im done with my lobbying ebcause thats all it is but i'd like to point out some logical fallacies.
"Here, WB is better than Crosby.  Just because Crosby has one more victory than WB doesn't mean that Crosby is a better team." when you make this statement im sure its because you've seen both teams play and are making a description between two games... right? However much i doubt that i could see a PNG fan thinking Crosby isn't as good as WB (because of games they've seen)

Your comaprison to BCS rankings is simpyl off point the strength of schedule would be higher for the cougs than who WB has played...

Granted lossing two of those games is an issue, but simply put the TCU in this situation would be WB.

Honestly this isn't the correct scenario a better one would be WB as OU and Crosby as Like South Carolina two different confrences, SC has 2 losses, OU has three results SC is in top 25 OU isn't...

[/quote]

Who on your schedule is tougher than Katy?...or Westfield?...Ike?.....(scrimmage)Lufkin?

[quote name="SgtRey" post="682847" timestamp="1256213401"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=61081.msg682789#msg682789 date=1256188045]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=61081.msg682629#msg682629 date=1256173222]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who on your schedule is tougher than Katy?...or Westfield?...Ike?.....(scrimmage)Lufkin?
[/quote]
Channelview?

Sgt.  Looking at his "strength of schedule," the two best teams on there beat Crosby bad, real bad.  So that strength of schedule wouldn't help him at all.  He is going to say Dayton, but it doesn't seem that Dayton is playing their best football this year. 

I don't believe it to be a "logical fallacy" to say that WB is a better team than Crosby.  He makes this blanket statement but then doesn't tell me why it is wrong.  At least I have seen both schools play and can make a "logical" conclusion based on what I have seen.  Coug doesn't tell me why this conclusion is wrong.  He hasn't seen WB play so he has no idea how good they are.  All he can look at is the W/L record.  Heck, the only team he has seen play from this area is PNG, and we kindly told them to get off of our field with a 37-7 beat down.

Oh, and my analysis is spot on with the USC/TCU argument.  TCU, like Crosby, has a much easier schedule than USC.  USC has 1 more loss than TCU, but USC is ranked higher.  WB, by comparison, has one more loss than Crosby.  But WB's strength of schedule is much tougher than that of Crosby.  Heck, WB will be playing the #12 5A team in the state tomorrow.  That sounds a little tougher than Crosby's schedule.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder