Wos/OU commit Franks suspended/school board votes, Franks remains suspended

T-daddy

School board ended with a 3-3 tie. Franks will stay suspended for now. 7th member refused to vote. Next step is for the Lawyers. The Lawyers will make the next move.

Now that's leadership :P

And how do you know that the 7th member isn't related to the student or have some other conflict of interest to where they shouldn't vote?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOCK IT

No, we won't.  I wish like all get out that we could reveal what we believe are the details as, based upon the version has been revealed to me, it is favorable to Trey.  But as this appears to be headed to litigation, caution is paramount.

I wonder if a certain  basketball player from port arthur who is now at UT was kicked off a team and he was a minor at the time if this website would protect him the same way as they are doing with the young man from wos.... ::)

Don't know the kid or the parent and I am sure they are wonderful people...  but if this is such an injustice, why is everything so secretive???  Seems like there is alot more to the story...  

Guest rykerx144

I dont see it hurting at this point. I think this will all blown over soon and forgot about.  The facts will surface soon and most will have the attitude "is that all it was" and itll soon be forgot about and well be arguing over muddy fields again!!

LOCK IT

No, we won't.  I wish like all get out that we could reveal what we believe are the details as, based upon the version has been revealed to me, it is favorable to Trey.  But as this appears to be headed to litigation, caution is paramount.

No, you won't lock it.  Just keep posting a MINOR's name and not the reason for the conflict of interest.  The conflict of interest, as stated at the meeting, was because of a conflict of interest because school board member Mary Hardin is the high school principal's mother (Paul Hardin).  We can drag the minor's name through four pages of posts, but can't post the reason stated at the meeting for a board member to abstain from voting that resulted in a tie.  Please, help with the logic here? 

I wonder if a certain  basketball player from port arthur who is now at UT was kicked off a team and he was a minor at the time if this website would protect him the same way as they are doing with the young man from wos.... ::)

Don't know the kid or the parent and I am sure they are wonderful people...  but if this is such an injustice, why is everything so secretive???  Seems like there is alot more to the story...  

And exactly how are we protecting him? We have revealed his name.  No TV or Radio station has revealed his identity. And only one of the major newspapers has done so! We have not revealed any details as THIS IS HEADING TO LITIGATION and NO OUTLET has revealed that.  Believe me, if you have been told the version that I have, you would know that we are doing no favors to Mr. Franks by not revealing the details.

LOCK IT

No, you won't lock it.  Just keep posting a MINOR's name and not the reason for the conflict of interest.  The conflict of interest, as stated at the meeting, was because of a conflict of interest because school board member Mary Hardin is the high school principal's mother (Paul Hardin).  We can drag the minor's name through four pages of posts, but can't post the reason stated at the meeting for a board member to abstain from voting that resulted in a tie.  Please, help with the logic here? 

Explain to me how Franks is a MINOR? He is a senior in high school, therefore he is at least 17 years old, could be 18. Those are legal ages of an adult in the state of Texas.

I honestly wished no names would have been brought out, but they did.

LOCK IT

I have no problem with you posting why Mrs. Hardin gave as the reason.  But then when you go about revealing other potential witnesses and how they play into this, that is too far.   Sorry, if you feel otherwise.

LOCK IT

I have no problem with you posting why Mrs. Hardin gave as the reason.  But then when you go about revealing other potential witnesses and how they play into this, that is too far.   Sorry, if you feel otherwise.

Potential witnesses?  You mean the person who has created this entire situation maliciously?  Who happens to be an adult?  Let's see...born in 1962...supposed to be an adult.  Whatever?

LOCK IT

Explain to me how Franks is a MINOR? He is a senior in high school, therefore he is at least 17 years old, could be 18. Those are legal ages of an adult in the state of Texas.

I honestly wished no names would have been brought out, but they did.

Sure you do aaw...  And, he is 17, not 18.  I know that when my 17 year-old threatened to run away, the police stated that he had to be 18 to legally do it without me being able to file runaway charges.  Hmmmmmm.......

mustang faithfull pray for him and his familey    night all

Yes.  And, don't just pray tonight.  Everyday at noon, many have chosen to pray for this individual, his family and the Mustang family!

One of the Silsbee players that was in the rape scandal was 17, was considered an adult, his name was plastered all over the media.

And that is wrong.  Not just because it was Silsbee...because he was a minor and the allegations.  These kids' futures can potentially be turned upside down by allegations and persecutions by adults.  I was one of the ones at bat for the Silsbee kids.  

Yes, potential witnesses to the litigation that is sure to follow.  If it is as you say, it will come out in due time.  But folks, we are not going to allow this to become an area for a spitting match.

Oh no, not for the real adults...just the minor whose name is plastered on FIVE pages of a thread.  What's wrong with the world again?

Yes.  And, don't just pray tonight.  Everyday at noon, many have chosen to pray for this individual, his family and the Mustang family!

One of the Silsbee players that was in the rape scandal was 17, was considered an adult, his name was plastered all over the media.

And that is wrong.  Not just because it was Silsbee...because he was a minor and the allegations.  These kids' futures can potentially be turned upside down by allegations and persecutions by adults.  I was one of the ones at bat for the Silsbee kids.  

Don't get me wrong, I am agreeing with you. I honestly didn't want anyone's name revealed, both in this case and the Silsbee case. I am just argueing the fact that these kids are minors. Bolton was a junior, 17 year old when the rape case came down, Franks is 17, all are what the law see's as not being a minor. They are considered adults now.

Don't get me wrong, I am agreeing with you. I honestly didn't want anyone's name revealed, both in this case and the Silsbee case. I am just argueing the fact that these kids are minors. Bolton was a junior, 17 year old when the rape case came down, Franks is 17, all are what the law see's as not being a minor. They are considered adults now.

I disagree.  I believe that it depends on the charges.  Just like a 13 year-old can be charged as an adult in the case of murder.  There are no "charges". 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder