*Vidor vs. PN-G/PNG wins 35-13/Comments

Rusted, is there any chance that you guys get the Utterback kid back this year?

I tell you what, I think you guys should really throw the ball a little more early in games. You don't have to throw alot, but at least enough to keep the good defenses honest early. You will need it in the playoffs.

You know, I still haven't heard anything about Utterback. I asked some people the other day and never got any word back. Man, I sure hope so.

As for passing, I agree with you. it is like we only pass if we have to. Which is bad because the opposing defense is expecting it and keys in on pass defense. In the first drive we should throw at least two or three time. Not TD passes necessarily, but just enough to open up the running game that we have built this team around. But it seems like when we throw, it is all passing. When we run, it is all run. But I'm sure you noticed that tonight. Same in Lumberton. Came out throwing, but didn't run like we are capable of doing. Drives me crazy.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm off for now. Tell TexAgNDN that I got my pillow, but I won't be doing any singing tonight.  ;D

Despite the feedback from those who don't know me that well, I have to say I feel like I have exorcised the demons and feel a little better now.  :D  Must have worked too. Heck, I'm already looking forward to next week.

So, good night and ...

GO PIRATES!!!!

Word on the street is that Udderback's Career in football is over... his back problems are not going to let him ever play again.... of course that is the word on the street... but all in all... things change and hopefully that kid can play again...

Rusted, is there any chance that you guys get the Utterback kid back this year?

I tell you what, I think you guys should really throw the ball a little more early in games. You don't have to throw alot, but at least enough to keep the good defenses honest early. You will need it in the playoffs.

I will say that tonight I seen a great game of football... there were some bad calls and some lost fumbles... but those happen every week... in a nut shell PN-G handed us our hats and politely ask us to get the heck out of their stadium... as far as the last score I didn't like it... I didn't seem sportsman like... but I can see 3 reasons it was done... 1) Intimidation factor... if PN-G and Vidor make it to where they have to play again in the play-offs... PN-G didn't want anyone on the Vidor sideline to even have a notion they were in this game at all. If think about it... you look back and see 28-13 vs 35-13... the first score gives the pirate players some hope that you know we could of won that game... 2) like has been explained before... in this tight of a race (or what was a tight race before tonights other games WOW on them scores ) you do not leave pts on the field if you think you might need them... 3) Every one has been talking how tough Vidor was all the way up to this game... and how PN-G has not played anyone this year yet... and they have the oppurtunity to send a shudder to the remaining teams on the schedule that WE ARE REAL, WE ARE HERE, AND WE ARE GOING TO SEE YOU SOON!.... another thing that wasn't in our favor tonight was the temperature... it was cool not hot like it has been in other games... so with us not getting long sustained drives we didn't wear down the PN-G Def., heck by the end of the 2nd qtr i seen 3 Central lineman with their hands on thier knees gasping for air... thats because we were physical with them and drove on them all night long... I do not think we punted until the 4th qtr in that game... here we were matched with our physical play and they capitalized on our mistakes... we didn't on theirs...

PN-G Great game!!! You were the better team tonight!! I wish you all the best the rest of the season...

Pirates you have to have corner back memory here.... It happened... learn from it..... and move on... do not dwell on this game... in 6 days we have another game and our Homecoming.... do like WO-S and Dayton did tonight and get back on track!! Our season isn't over and we are not out of the play-offs UNLESS we dwell on this game...

And that is all I have to say on that... next up LC-M... Who won tonight against Livingston 49-41... I bet the Lions didn't see that one coming...

I was impressed with PN-G's defense last night.  Offense was also good.  But I have to admit: Vidor got screwed by a little home cooking on that fumble right before half time.  But...

Now for Vidor:  The offense they run can be a good one.  But in order to be a true contender they need to pass a little more.  And not wait to run their bootleg pass on 3rd down.  It's hard to play catch-up when you get down by two or three TD's when you don't pass alot.  The best they can do now is 3rd place.  IMHO.

Click link to listen tonight

This is the hidden content, please

Personally, I don't think we looked good at all.  In fact, we haven't looked good since we played Central.  We are playing sloppy!!!  Come on guys...you want to be in the playoffs...you have to execute. You have to score on their mistakes when you can't score otherwise!  PNG has an awesome team.  They can do it all and I can't use last nights game as an example.  It's hard to stop a team that can run, throw and has a great offensive line.  This is what you will see when we make it in the playoffs and unless you do more...it will be over 1 game deep. 

I know you have more heart and more talent than what I saw last night.  Let's get our spirits back up and win out.  Shane, great run!!!  Keep on truckin', you'll get you a kickoff return soon!!!

Last time I talked to Utterback's mom, he is out for the year.  Then they thought he could still get a scholarship, I will give her a call sometime this next week and start a new post and let you know what I find out. 

Good game Indians!  From the way it sounded the Indians really played and Vidor fumbled more than you can afford to fumble and play the Indians! I am not bashing either team, the Indians may have scored just as many TD's had Vidor not have fumbled but if you expect to keep up with the Indians you can't turn over the ball.  Both coaches are good coaches!  Good luck to both teams the rest of the season!

The visiting team's coach dictates what officials are used?  

Trust me, that was not a fumble.  It had to be at least breakfast in bed if not home cooking!

There could not be any home cooking from the refs because the vidor coach gets refs from another chapter so loose the home cooking crap

I was impressed with PN-G's defense last night.  Offense was also good.  But I have to admit: Vidor got screwed by a little home cooking on that fumble right before half time.  But...

Now for Vidor:  The offense they run can be a good one.  But in order to be a true contender they need to pass a little more.  And not wait to run their bootleg pass on 3rd down.  The best they can do now is 3rd place.  IMHO.

What about the fumble on Vidors opening offensive play??? And home cooking??? We had 6 penalties an Vidor had 0. So stop using excuses.

No excuses.  I stated that PN-G played a great game.  I'm not talking about any other fumble other than the one right before half time.   That one wasn't a fumble.  It was 7-7 at that time.  Could have been a tide turner.

I was impressed with PN-G's defense last night.  Offense was also good.  But I have to admit: Vidor got screwed by a little home cooking on that fumble right before half time.  But...

Now for Vidor:  The offense they run can be a good one.  But in order to be a true contender they need to pass a little more.  And not wait to run their bootleg pass on 3rd down.  The best they can do now is 3rd place.  IMHO.

What about the fumble on Vidors opening offensive play??? And home cooking??? We had 6 penalties an Vidor had 0. So stop using excuses.

Trust me, that was not a fumble.  It had to be at least breakfast in bed if not home cooking!

There could not be any home cooking from the refs because the vidor coach gets refs from another chapter so loose the home cooking crap

give it up. Let's not act like the call was a no-brainer. I guess Vidors one penalty all night was home cooking also. I guess all the personal fouls were home cooking. How about the penalty for a sideline warning when the Vidor coaches livedon the field? Get that crap out of here.

No excuses.  I stated that PN-G played a great game.  I'm not talking about any other fumble other than the one right before half time.   That one wasn't a fumble.  It was 7-7 at that time.  Could have been a tide turner.

COULD OF, SHOULD OF, WOULD OF.......  but didn't.

You are right.

COULD OF, SHOULD OF, WOULD OF.......  but didn't.

Matthews tried to get the officials to look at the screen.  It even showed it was home cooking.  Matthews knew it.  Heck, anyone that saw it knew it was at least breakfast in bed.

give it up. Let's not act like the call was a no-brainer. I guess Vidors one penalty all night was home cooking also. I guess all the personal fouls were home cooking. How about the penalty for a sideline warning when the Vidor coaches livedon the field? Get that crap out of here.

Smitty, with all due respect,  just because 1 play goes in favor of the home team, doesn't always mean that it's the result of "home cooking".  That's a bit juvenile (especially for you, who are normally fair and level headed).  Anyone can see, based on the penalties of the entire game, that this was the result of anything BUT "home cooking".

Matthews tried to get the officials to look at the screen.  It even showed it was home cooking.  Matthews knew it.  Heck, anyone that saw it knew it was at least breakfast in bed.

you cry like my 6 year old daughter

Anyone can see that PNG hasn't had "home cooking" all year with the penalties we've had.

Bone, just a comment on your post.....the weather had absolutely nothing to do with Vidor's loss.  PNG has played in the exact same temperatures all year as Vidor has....PNG's D hasn't been worn down due to the heat.  Coach has these guys in shape.  That's just an excuse.  The difference in this game was PNG....we are a complete team.  Now if we could just stop the personal fouls.

Anyone can see that PNG hasn't had "home cooking" all year with the penalties we've had.

Bone, just a comment on your post.....the weather had absolutely nothing to do with Vidor's loss.  PNG has played in the exact same temperatures all year as Vidor has....PNG's D hasn't been worn down due to the heat.  Coach has these guys in shape.  That's just an excuse.  The difference in this game was PNG....we are a complete team.  Now if we could just stop the personal fouls.

Not only am I impressed, but also very proud of PNG!  These boys have come together and get stronger and more solid from week to week.  I agree, we HAVE to stop the personal fouls.  PNG is definitely a "force to be reckoned with!"

I saw the fumble on the tailgate party on ch 6..it WAS a fumble..the RB dives forward to get extra yardage and the ball gets knocked out on his way down. For those who have DVR you can slow it down and tell..when his elbow hits the ground the ball is on the ground to his right. The runner called down inside the one did score, but Vidor scored on the next play. This was one of the better called games  of the year. Vidor must be really disciplined to run the ball that much and not hold even once. ;)

I saw the fumble on the tailgate party on ch 6..it WAS a fumble..the RB dives forward to get extra yardage and the ball gets knocked out on his way down. For those who have DVR you can slow it down and tell..when his elbow hits the ground the ball is on the ground to his right. The runner called down inside the one did score, but Vidor scored on the next play. This was one of the better called games  of the year. Vidor must be really disciplined to run the ball that much and not hold even once. ;)

Well, Smitty? The problem for Vidor in that game was defense not fumbles. Vidors defense really could not stop us. Their offense played well but it came down to our defense outplayed theirs. Thay have a good team and will be in the playoffs, I am very confident of that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder