*Vidor vs. PN-G/PNG wins 35-13/Comments

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fo back and read this older thread. Finny how some said we couldn't turn it around this year.

This is the hidden content, please

Hey no disrespect, but to go from winning 1 game to a possible undefeated season is remarkable! I'm just sayin! ;D

We won 3 games last year, not 1.

Normally you are correct, but 2 things most people forgot.

1. PNG in 2007 was 8-4 and lost to eventual state champs Lamar Consolidated and the great Quiz Rogers in a very good battle. Last year we lost, but were in every game. So the talent was there!

2. 1988 PNG 1-9  1989 new coach 12-2. We have seen it before.

I changed it to just breakfast in bed.  ;D

Smitty, with all due respect,   just because 1 play goes in favor of the home team, doesn't always mean that it's the result of "home cooking".  That's a bit juvenile (especially for you, who are normally fair and level headed).  Anyone can see, based on the penalties of the entire game, that this was the result of anything BUT "home cooking".

You are correct.  I thought Vidor was going to win because I also thought Vidor had a better defense.  I was wrong about that.

I saw the fumble on the tailgate party on ch 6..it WAS a fumble..the RB dives forward to get extra yardage and the ball gets knocked out on his way down. For those who have DVR you can slow it down and tell..when his elbow hits the ground the ball is on the ground to his right. The runner called down inside the one did score, but Vidor scored on the next play. This was one of the better called games  of the year. Vidor must be really disciplined to run the ball that much and not hold even once. ;)

Well, Smitty? The problem for Vidor in that game was defense not fumbles. Vidors defense really could not stop us. Their offense played well but it came down to our defense outplayed theirs. Thay have a good team and will be in the playoffs, I am very confident of that.

Agreed.  It's a good offense.  But you have to incorporate the pass to keep the defense thinking.  The only thinking PN-G needed last night was RUN.

Click link to listen tonight

i think they need to pass more. every team we play knows where the ball will be carried. lets try something different to throw off the other teams.

Agreed.  It's a good offense.  But you have to incorporate the pass to keep the defense thinking.  The only thinking PN-G needed last night was RUN.

i think they need to pass more. every team we play knows where the ball will be carried. lets try something different to throw off the other teams.

It worked against everyone else and Vidor fans were sure quick to brag about it. No all of a sudden the offense is not good enough? How about PN-G's defense is the best you have seen and it is not even close.

OK, time for a little schooling.  Using this offense with very little pass incorporated, Vidor will have a hard time coming from behind, as we all saw Friday.  Now there were some that stated Vidor didn't really play anyone in pre-district and it was hard to get a true handle on them.  But their supporters were not deterred.  They stated; "we are the baddest team on the block."  

Well, after pre-district, Vidor sits at 2-2.  Trust me when I say this: no State Championship, much less District Championship, will be won with little or no passing game.  If Vidor does either, then I'll be the first in line to eat crow.  

But to be fair, I still think that if they had the threat of the pass, say, 70-30, run-to-pass ratio, there is a distinced possibility that they could have beaten PN-G.  But, that's one for the conversation bowl.    

Agreed.  It's a good offense.  But you have to incorporate the pass to keep the defense thinking.  The only thinking PN-G needed last night was RUN.

It worked against everyone else and Vidor fans were sure quick to brag about it. No all of a sudden the offense is not good enough? How about PN-G's defense is the best you have seen and it is not even close.

when vidor runs the same plays how in the world can you move the ball when the opposing team knows where they are running it.

But to be fair, I still think that if they had the threat of the pass, say, 70-30, run-to-pass ratio, there is a distinced possibility that they could have beaten PN-G.  But, that's one for the conversation bowl.

Very good assessment "hope that I spelled that right". Vidor does have a very good/talented team. Play after play, PNG lined up to handle the run and even when Vidor did pass, they went back to the run. If Vidor would have passed more often, PNG would have had to make adjustments.

If you want to pass, you open the lanes up with running games. If you want to run, you spread out the defense with passing.

Hopefully Vidor will adjust and come roaring into the playoffs!

Hey horns05--Vidor didn't give PN-G anything! PN-G earned it and won it! You might as well accept it. As far as Central taking care of PN-G, well that remains to be seen. Even if Central did beat PN-G, that would not change the fact that Vidor still lost to PN-G! Good luck to Vidor the rest of the season!

No doubt, PN-G earned this victory.  They exposed Vidor's one dimensional offense. Once they got behind, the couldn't recover.  But, it may be a blessing for Vidor, so to speak.  Now maybe they'll realise you do have to pass a little to keep the other team guessing.  But, will Matthews snap to this?  Only time will tell.  Like I've said before, I've seen this offense excel before.  But there were passes involved also.

Hey horns05--Vidor didn't give PN-G anything! PN-G earned it and won it! You might as well accept it. As far as Central taking care of PN-G, well that remains to be seen. Even if Central did beat PN-G, that would not change the fact that Vidor still lost to PN-G! Good luck to Vidor the rest of the season!

Congrats to PNG. I really thought Vidor had a good chance to beat PNG, since there only loss was to Central by one point. PNG's defense is much better than I thought (there really under rated). Everbody talks about PNG"s offense, but nobody talks about PNG's defense. The team that beats PNG will have to reckon with both there offense and defense. Vidor is a good team they just ran into a better team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder