*Vidor vs. PN-G/PNG wins 35-13/Comments

No doubt, PN-G earned this victory.  They exposed Vidor's one dimensional offense. Once they got behind, the couldn't recover.  But, it may be a blessing for Vidor, so to speak.  Now maybe they'll realise you do have to pass a little to keep the other team guessing.  But, will Matthews snap to this?  Only time will tell.  Like I've said before, I've seen this offense excel before.  But there were passes involved also.

Hey horns05--Vidor didn't give PN-G anything! PN-G earned it and won it! You might as well accept it. As far as Central taking care of PN-G, well that remains to be seen. Even if Central did beat PN-G, that would not change the fact that Vidor still lost to PN-G! Good luck to Vidor the rest of the season!

Smitty,Did you see Georgia Tech beat V-Tech yesterday? 1 pass completion. We have got to execute and make the neccassary adjustments and we will be fine.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click link to listen tonight

This is the hidden content, please

Congrats to PNG. I really thought Vidor had a good chance to beat PNG, since there only loss was to Central by one point. PNG's defense is much better than I thought (there really under rated). Everbody talks about PNG"s offense, but nobody talks about PNG's defense. The team that beats PNG will have to reckon with both there offense and defense. Vidor is a good team they just ran into a better team.

png is not a better team than vidor.

Team Total Defense Leaders

Team                G    Rush  Pass    Yds    YPG

Port Neches-Groves  7    740    773  1513  216.1 

Lumberton              7  1049    791  1840  262.9 

Vidor                      7    954    898  1852  264.6 

Beaumont Central    7    1089    796  1885  269.3 

Beaumont Ozen        7    1352    688  2040  291.4 

Livingston              7    1095  1010  2105  300.7 

L C-M                    7    1698    678  2376  339.4 

Nederland                7    1544    909  2453  350.4

Guest tigersvoice

Congrats to PNG. I really thought Vidor had a good chance to beat PNG, since there only loss was to Central by one point. PNG's defense is much better than I thought (there really under rated). Everbody talks about PNG"s offense, but nobody talks about PNG's defense. The team that beats PNG will have to reckon with both there offense and defense. Vidor is a good team they just ran into a better team.

png is not a better team than vidor.

'SCUZE me Horns, but they were this past Friday night.

Word on the street is that Udderback's Career in football is over... his back problems are not going to let him ever play again.... of course that is the word on the street... but all in all... things change and hopefully that kid can play again...

Rusted, is there any chance that you guys get the Utterback kid back this year?

I tell you what, I think you guys should really throw the ball a little more early in games. You don't have to throw alot, but at least enough to keep the good defenses honest early. You will need it in the playoffs.

No reason to permantly injure yourself for the rest of your life, believe me back injuries are no fun.

you know back during the pre-district season, I said several times that Vidor's schedule would hurt them because playing those cupcake Private schools and a middle of the pack 3A was not going to help them expose there weeknesses before district. Just as I said then you don't want to find out in district because it could be too late to adjust. I think this is what Vidor is finding out now. You have to throw a little to beat the big boys in the playoffs. Is it too late to adjust?? We will see, but I can't see Vidor going more than one round deep in the playoffs unless the do adjust a little. And that depends on who they get out of 19 4A.

I know PNG learned alot about themselves and where they needed work after hard fought battles with BH and TC.

Just one outsiders opinion. Maybe next year Mathews will step it up a bit pre-district.

you know back during the pre-district season, I said several times that Vidor's schedule would hurt them because playing those cupcake Private schools and a middle of the pack 3A was not going to help them expose there weeknesses before district. Just as I said then you don't want to find out in district because it could be too late to adjust. I think this is what Vidor is finding out now. You have to throw a little to beat the big boys in the playoffs. Is it too late to adjust?? We will see, but I can't see Vidor going more than one round deep in the playoffs unless the do adjust a little. And that depends on who they get out of 19 4A.

I know PNG learned alot about themselves and where they needed work after hard fought battles with BH and TC.

Just one outsiders opinion. Maybe next year Mathews will step it up a bit pre-district.

Common, Our pre district schedule had nothing to do with the loss to PNG.We took Central to the last play of the game beat L-Town and Ozen.Png is the better team at this point in the season period.Thats why we lost. Did you see Georgia Tech beat Virgina Tech yesterday? They made some adjustments at half but did not abandon there offense.They completed one pass the whole game. Our coaches will adjust the schemes some and we will be fine.

Heres the difference in GT and Vidor.

Georgia Tech has some of the best athletes in the nation. They can stick to what they do against the big time programs because they have identical talent.

Vidor on the other hand does not have the talent to just run against 10 and 11 in the box against the likes of Angleton, Dayton, Friendswood, or even PNG fot that matter. and before you start screamin' about the talent comment, don't forget PNG tried to cram the ball down your throat for years and always found out how difficult it was against the more talented teams outside of 20 4A. The only year that we broke through was 1999 and we were a much more diverse offense that year.

also PN-G, Central and Vidor make the play-offs Vidor and Central will go Big 4a PN-G will be small 4A and we will never see them... the only team that can change this fact is Nederland... which would knock us down into the small 4A category... anyone else and it will be like it is.... also we have to rebound and take care of business or we could go from the mantle to the trash pile... injury bug hit last week and we have some wounds to lick and move some kids around.... lets just hope player adjustment keeps the 3 headed monster moving down the field....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder