*Vidor vs. PN-G/PNG wins 35-13/Comments

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been giving PNG heck since the BH game and I was wrong.  Great win!!!!!  Looks like your coach is really making things happen there and fast! Can we borrow your coach for a few years?  Maybe he has not unpacked yet?  We can make him feel at home and get him a house near an oil field over hear on The Hill.  He'll think he is back in Midland/Oddessa.   ;D

They gotten even better since i've seen them 3 weeks ago.

I agree Coop.  I watched the Pirates beat Lumberton a couple of weeks ago and I finally had an opportunity to watch PN-G tonight. Wow! I was totally impressed with how disciplined this team is and how quickly they can take over a game and dominate.  Anyone who said that PN-G runs a "one dimensional" offense obviously has not seen this team play.  I have now seen the top 4 teams in 20-4A as I was at the WB-Central game a few weeks ago.  PN-G definitely looks like they have the goods this year and are the top seed in this district.  

They gotten even better since i've seen them 3 weeks ago.

I agree Coop.  I watched the Pirates beat Lumberton a couple of weeks ago and I finally had an opportunity to watch PN-G tonight. Wow! I was totally impressed with how disciplined this team is and how quickly they can take over a game and dominate.  Anyone who said that PN-G runs a "one dimensional" offense obviously has not seen this team play.  I have now seen the top 4 teams in 20-4A as I was at the WB-Central game a few weeks ago.  PN-G definitely looks like they have the goods this year and are the top seed in this district.  

Their offense is so balanced, and their D is very good as well. Coaching at PN-G is Great!

Congrats to PNG

I for one didn't think they were that good BOY I was WRONG! They are for REAL...

Keep your heads up Pirates..

Thats very gracious of you to say that...thanks...i have to agree, i think this game truely solidifies what calibur team PNG has...looks like we may be in for a decent playoff run.

WTG Indians...good game Pirates.

I agree you guys will do well. Wow the Central game will be big!!!!!

I understand your frustration, but i would just like to say on the record that the last four plays were handoffs up the middle which were snapped with one second on the play clock trying to run out the clock. Just tackle and the game is over. I can promise you Faircloth doesn't care about any kind of "style" points...

You guys are ridiculous.  PNG ran the clock as much as they could in the fourth quarter....watch it again tommorow night.....they were running up the middle the better part of the fourth quarter and punting.  As for your play calling etc........call it what you want to, but good teams make irritated fans.  Good teams make your play calling look bad....not the other way around.  As far as giving it to whoever and popping off 4 or 5 yds per carry, were you watching the same game as I was?  You were stuffed up the middle practically all night except for a handful of plays.

Short passes were there, because we threw down field 4 or 5 times......once for a TD.  Get a clue before you bash your coaches that you have been praising all year.

As far as giving it to whoever and popping off 4 or 5 yds per carry, were you watching the same game as I was?

Yep. Just not through purple-tinted glasses. Anyone who wants to watch tomorrow will se that yes, Pitman was taking your boys to the cleaners at the beginning of the third. Maybe you were still at the concession stand or something.

Get a clue before you bash your coaches that you have been praising all year.

I've bashed before this. You don't know me at all. I'm never happy with mediocrity.

As far as giving it to whoever and popping off 4 or 5 yds per carry, were you watching the same game as I was?

Yep. Just not through purple-tinted glasses. Anyone who wants to watch tomorrow will se that yes, Pitman was taking your boys to the cleaners at the beginning of the third. Maybe you were still at the concession stand or something.

I've bashed before this. You don't know me at all. I'm never happy with mediocrity.

get over it you got it handed to you by a better team.....now move on and quit whining ;)

So did you want your coach to keep running Pittman when you were down by 3 touchdowns in

the forth quarter?????

You honestly

think he was trying to run the score up...

Well, what happened? You mean you didn't score in the fianl seconds? Come on. Any fool know the safest way to run out the clock. We've done it when we were on the one-yard line before and could have easily punched it in. But we didn't because we knew we already had the game won.

Defend it all you want, but some coaches have class and some don't. But if the shoe was on the other foot, I bet you'd see it as classless. But that is something you don't have to worry about from Mathews. I'll give him that.

now move on and quit whining ;)

Yeah. I'll move on. I hope that my team doesn't play any better next week. I hope we keep being mediocre. I hope our playcalling gets even worse and the fans just blindly all go along with it.

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.  ;D

And to injun, what part about third quarter did you miss in my post? I never said anything about about running in the fourth. Come on man. I know you understand football better than that. Because we DIDN'T continue to run like we are good at, we HAD to throw like maniacs in the fourth. You have to understand what I meant, right? I'm sure you know football better than you are letting on. Y'all live and breath it over there.  ;)

Listen, the game is 48 minutes long.  When I was playing, I was told to play every play and go all out until the clock was at zero.  I don't think PNG put the ball in the air once in the 4th quarter (except maybe on a 3rd and long).  Cutlass, your team kicked an onside kick with 3 minutes left in the game.  The NDNs took over at your 48.  All the NDNs did was line up, and run the ball down your team's throat.  Simple dive plays straight up the middle.  This is the simplest way to run the clock down.  We are not going to go 3 and out and give your team the ball back.  

On the last play for PNG, I believe Vidor should have tackled Harmon about 5 different times.  If you wrap up, then the TD would never have been scored.  Look at all of the stuff you are saying about your Defensive coaching, maybe you need to look there and see where the problem is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder