*Vidor vs. PN-G/PNG wins 35-13/Comments

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey rustedclass before all the classless name calling , consider the possibility of the threeway tiebreaker. It would be sickening to miss out because you kneeled when you could have scored easily.  In this tight district any coach who is not 18 points up should be trying to score.

Hey rustedclass before all the classless name calling , consider the possibility of the threeway tiebreaker. It would be sickening to miss out because you kneeled when you could have scored easily.  In this tight district any coach who is not 18 points up should be trying to score.

Call me classless for an opinion that differs from yours? But I can't call that coaching decision classless? Help! It's the thought police!  ;D

Come on guys. You wouldn't want it done to you. You really think we'd have used any remaining timeouts to stop a kneel down in the final minute down two scores and a point? Come on. We're all smarter than that.

Do you even know how the pointspread tiebreaker works? It works with 18 points being the max used. Any coach not trying to score with less than an 18 point lead is a fool. Beyond that point i could not condone it. There is still three weeks left , anything can happen.

To all you Vidor fans you have a good team and coaches. To all you Vidor haters (Rustedcutlass) you are a sore loser please quit bashing Vidor you are the reason schools fans look bad.I was at the game there was not any score running up. The coaching from Vidor was good and the kids from Vidor were great. The fans from Vidor were friendly. Cut-less you drank to much purple water in PNG and it soured in your stomach. So get rid of your sour grapes and move on Vidor barring a big let down will be in the playoffs.

Do you even know how the pointspread tiebreaker works? It works with 18 points being the max used. Any coach not trying to score with less than an 18 point lead is a fool. Beyond that point i could not condone it. There is still three weeks left , anything can happen.

So why not just line up for a field goal? That would have been the 18 needed, as we missed an extra-point earlier, right?

That is why I don't believe it was just about the points. Just saying.

All in all, your boys played a heck of a game. Hats off to them. Keep it up.

well i can tell you from a vidor fans point of view, png was definatly burning the clock running the ball in the fourth. there was too much time on the clock to just kneel it. if vidor wouldve stopped him then there wouldnt have been a td and the clock wouldve ran out. png did a great job on both sides of the ball and they were very well coached. good luck the rest of the year and post season. most well balanced team in 20 4A

To all you Vidor fans you have a good team and coaches. To all you Vidor haters (Rustedcutlass) you are a sore loser please quit bashing Vidor you are the reason schools fans look bad.I was at the game there was not any score running up. The coaching from Vidor was good and the kids from Vidor were great. The fans from Vidor were friendly.

I sure hope BmtSoulja1 sees that you called me a hater! He'll laugh his rear-end off about that one with me!  :D :D :D :D Anyone who knows me knows I call it like I see it and I am one of the most staunch supporters of Vidor athletics that there is. And since you only see Vidor play one game a year, I think I speak a little more in perspective to how the playcalling went tonight.

A hater? What a laugh! Thanks man, I needed that!  ;D

So why not just line up for a field goal? That would have been the 18 needed, as we missed an extra-point earlier, right?

That is why I don't believe it was just about the points. Just saying.

All in all, your boys played a heck of a game. Hats off to them. Keep it up.

why not just throw a hail Mary? I mean seriously!!! PNG ran the ball right up the middle every play and vidor didn't want to play anymore so PNG got a touchdown.. Great play by harmon!

RustedCutlass you are the kind of person that gives Vidor a bad name. I am from Vidor and PNG played a great game and they were not trying to score and if you have a problem with the coaching go get a degree a become a coach or go meet with Mathews and his staff and tell them what you think. The Vidor coaches and kids did a good job PNG was just better. So do everyone a favor and shut up

I think RustedCutlass should lock himself in his bathroom for the rest of the night with a pillow and blanket and sing "I FEEL PRETTY" to himself until he falls asleep.

;D

:D :D :D :D

Thanks for at least being original! Even I have to say that was a good one. Yes, I can laugh at myself.

Look, I don't hate anyone ... coaches, teams, etc. If you are reading that into my post, read it again. I hate mediocrity. And tonight we played very mediocre.

Again, I see more than one Vidor game a year.

I think you will be the first to agree this ain't last years NDN's. We were told by all of the Permian folks that Faircloth's team would be better prepaired than every opponent. Sometimes outmanned, but never outplanned! We see it now!

Great win NDN's.

Also, so if PNG kneels down and Vidor uses those two timeouts and we punt and Vidor scores (28-20) then gets the onside and scores (28-28)! It wasn't like we were throwing bombs with 20 seconds on the clock and zero timeouts from the opponent. Just as you state that we haven't seen all of the Vidor games, so we shouldn't pass judgment on your assessment of the playcalling, you shouldn't pass judgement on Faircloth in this case. He has run the clock out several times when we could have scored more. As someone who has never been on the wrong end of the 18 point differential for a playoff spot, I wouldn't expect you to understand over in Vidor!!!

Good Luck the rest of the way Pirates. Hope you make the playoffs.

I am a png grad and I was at the game tonight....what an awesome game by both teams. That 1st run by pittman was incredible. In the end PNG was just to balanced for those pirates. As far as the last touchdown..i think any time you are running ANY play that doesnt require the QB to take a knee....you know your boys are gonna go full speed. Thats all Harmon was doing when he scored. To say Faircloth ran the score up is insane. That being said..Vidor is 1st class all the way, and they have a great team. I'm sure thier coaches will have them ready next week. Ive been to every game this year (except Livingston cause of work) and ive seen our boys and coaches get better each week. I look forward to Central, but we still have 2 very good teams to play in Lumberton and Ozen. Stay the path guys, ya'll are doing us proud!

Just as you state that we haven't seen all of the Vidor games, so we shouldn't pass judgment on your assessment of the playcalling, you shouldn't pass judgement on Faircloth in this case. He has run the clock out several times when we could have scored more.

At last! A good, logical reply. Thank you! I respect that.

As someone who has never been on the wrong end of the 18 point differential for a playoff spot, I wouldn't expect you to understand over in Vidor!!!

Man, you just have to pour salt don't you?  ;D Still, a FG would have sufficed if that was all it was really about IMO.

Good Luck the rest of the way Pirates. Hope you make the playoffs.

Thanks. Best of luck to you guys too. Hope everyone stays away from the injury bug for sure.

Rusted, is there any chance that you guys get the Utterback kid back this year?

I tell you what, I think you guys should really throw the ball a little more early in games. You don't have to throw alot, but at least enough to keep the good defenses honest early. You will need it in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder