?? WHO WOULD BE THE BEST TEAM TO RUN THE WILDCAT OFFENSE??

BeeJay3

Many teams in this area can run the wildcat offense well because of the amount of athletes in the area.  Newton with their stable of backs every year, Central always has speed, Jasper used to run the wildcat when they had rodriguez and mcqueen in the backfield and they made it to the 4A semis, and the last couple of Kirbyville teams could run it with success as well.

I actually think Vidor could run the wildcat with the best of them.  This is because they have 3 solid backs that could be moved around.  Vidor could line up the backs in the shotgun, or split them out wide and run end arounds, triple options, etc.  Then, when you least expect it, step back and throw the ball down field.  Just my 2 cents (and this is a post from a PNG fan).

I actually think Vidor could run the wildcat with the best of them.  This is because they have 3 solid backs that could be moved around.  Vidor could line up the backs in the shotgun, or split them out wide and run end arounds, triple options, etc.  Then, when you least expect it, step back and throw the ball down field.  Just my 2 cents (and this is a post from a PNG fan).

I agree.  Nobody really plays them to pass anyhow.

The team to go to state in this area running the wild cat (which basically is the spread offense) has been Dayton.

Obviously Lake Travis and Sulphur Springs also excelled at that offense.

If you got the athletes, it is very difficult to slow down that offensive scheme (unless you have half a dozen turnovers).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder