Week 7: Needville -vs- Wharton

JaysFan

The Jays take on the Wharton Tigers this week.  As of late the Tigers have been somewhat of a doormat in D26, but have managed an upset or two every now and then.  If I'm not mistaken the Jays dropped one to the Tigers last year. 

The Jays come into this matchup 5-1 on the year with their only loss coming at the hands of a very good La Grange team 28-22.  The Jays have put up 1087 Rushing Yds and are avg. 5.38yds a carry and 666 Passing Yds, avg. 17.53yds/catch.  They are allowing an avg. of 13.8pts a game and putting up an avg. of 31pts a game. 

The Tigers come into the contest with a record of 0-6.  They have put up 648 Rushing Yds and are avg. 4.73yds a carry.  They have put up 296 passing yds and are avg. 14.1yds a catch.  The Tigers are allowing 33.3 points a game while putting up an avg. of 12pts a game. 

All of this considered.....Wharton DID pull the upset last year defeating Needville 21-3.  The Tigers ended up 3-7 last year while the Jays ended up 6-4 getting bumped out in the 1st round by Sealy 31-10.  So we can toss the records out the window. 

I would EXPECT my Jays to come away w/ the win.....but I thought that last year too! 

Any thoughts? 

Discuss.  :) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder