*Hardin vs. Anahuac/Anahuac wins 55-0/comments

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was wrong with Villemez, why didn't he play much?  Flu bug?  Congrats Anahuac, big win!

I had heard all week that he wasn't gonna play but never said anything cause I didn't think Anahuac needed any more motivation, still not sure why though. He played very little but did have a good game, but it wouldn't have mattered tonight anyway, Anahuac killed us all over the field.

Total yards 194 513

First downs 10 19

Rushes/Yds 24/146 46/389

Average rush 6.08 8.46

Comp/Atts 5/23/4 3/6/1

Pass yards 48 124

Comp pct 21.74 50

Punts 4 1

Punting Yards 135 25

Punting Average 33.75 25

Fumbles/Lost 3/2 2/0

Penalties-yards 1-15 8-65

AND ......when the second team offense was put in they scored as well, so there seems to be depth on the offensive line.  All the boys played really well so it looks like Anahuac is for real guys.  Great job Darrell keep doing what your doing, it's working!!!

hey cowboys what do you think about this

Great job Anahuac!  Everybody in Hardin is just now realizing that it was not a nightmare but sobering reality.  They will be waking up in the morning with a hangover worse than the results from any night at the Frontier Bar. 

On a final note...7-on-7 does not translate well to 11-man football.

I would like to congratulate the Panthers on a big win, the offensive line was awesome, they kept making holes for Dewan Childress to run through and let Cody Johnson throw for 3 TD's. What about that Panther defense holding Hardin to less then 200 yds of offense and the QB for Hardin had a tough time throwing the ball to receivers instead he kept throwing the ball to the Panther Secondary and also by the way he threw 4 int's. Villemez look good for the couple of plays that he was in. How about Braxton Mayes catching a pass and taking to the house for 95 yds and he also had 20 yd catch of a TD. So that being said I dont think Hardin was ready for the PANTHERS.

Guest baseball25

Cowboy your an idiot. Hardin has made the playoffs the last two yrs and just because hardin got beat lastnight you want to say 7 on 7 doesn't translate to 11 on 11 football. It was one game it happens.

Mitch could have gotten 50 touches it still would have been a blow out! LOL

I don't necessarily agree with this, every time he touched the ball he went about ten yards. The kid in his spot on defense was burnt for a few touchdowns, when he went in Anahuac ran away from him (which is just good coaching), so maybe not a blow out like it was. No one kid makes a team, but without him in there Hardins offense becomes very one dimensional, and if the passing game is off, we are in a world of trouble.

Guest ECBucFan

BREAKING NEWS:  ANAHUAC IS FOR REAL!  

Good point, but that fact was NEVER forgotten around EC. Anahuac gets the upmost respect around Winnie, and as defending District Champs, Anahuac absolutely deserves their front runner status. Except for head-to-head vs. EC, I support Anahuac all the way. Fine program over there.     

Mitch could have gotten 50 touches it still would have been a blow out! LOL

I don't necessarily agree with this, every time he touched the ball he went about ten yards. The kid in his spot on defense was burnt for a few touchdowns, when he went in Anahuac ran away from him (which is just good coaching), so maybe not a blow out like it was. No one kid makes a team, but without him in there Hardins offense becomes very one dimensional, and if the passing game is off, we are in a world of trouble.

Way to throw a backup under the bus. Your team gets trounced 55-0 and you manage to blame a second teamer. Think that young man may read this thread and see there's some yoyo pointing a finger at him? I'm not sure but I suspect Hardin had 11 players on the field when Anahuac scored all 55 points.

That's why you're BushLeague.

Bushpilot needs to be banned from these boards.  That comment about someone's wife is out of line.

Answer me this, earlier in his thread someone said that Villamez didn't play much because they were "keeping him healthy"????  What are they keeping him healthy for?  This game was, for all intents and purposes, for the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP!!  Are the keeping him healthy for the Buna game?  Or maybe that daunted challenge they will have when they play Deweyville?  Something other than health was going on.  Either that or Haynes is playing for second place.

Bushpilot needs to be banned from these boards.  That comment about someone's wife is out of line.

Answer me this, earlier in his thread someone said that Villamez didn't play much because they were "keeping him healthy"????  What are they keeping him healthy for?  This game was, for all intents and purposes, for the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP!!  Are the keeping him healthy for the Buna game?  Or maybe that daunted challenge they will have when they play Deweyville?  Something other than health was going on.  Either that or Haynes is playing for second place.

I would assume that he was still hobbled from an earlier injury.  Looks like he played as much as his injury allowed.  Probably at some point when the game was out of hand they just let him rest.

Bushpilot-

weren't you on here all week talking about how you were going to beat Anahuac?  And now that the game is over you are saying that Haynes was not playing Villamez because "Hardin was obviously overmatched"!  Which is it?  Are we to assume that you never thought Hardin was going to win, you were just talking to hear yourself talk?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder