Burkeville vs. High Island....predictions?

Guest Burkeville Chronicle

HI has their best team in years. They can pass or run. HI can name the score in this one.

I don't think HI will be able to name the score because trust me Burkeville is much better than the Legacy team that y'all barely beat, now yes i believe that HI has improved and is the better team but trust me it will be a close game and it will come down to the last seconds of the game

HI has their best team in years. They can pass or run. HI can name the score in this one.

I don't think HI will be able to name the score because trust me Burkeville is much better than the Legacy team that y'all barely beat, now yes i believe that HI has improved and is the better team but trust me it will be a close game and it will come down to the last seconds of the game

Yeah, they barely beat Legacy, but you have think about the weather conditions being pretty rough that night and the boys having big heads going into the game. I think it'll be a great game to watch.  :) I'm going with H.I. on this one. :]

Glad to see the Cardinals fired up, but lets have a reality check.  The game starts at 7:30 Friday evening.  You have about 26 hours to prepare yourselves for a very intense game.  Coach Harper will sniff out every opportunity to capitalize any Cardinal mistake.  Lets forget about winning by 3 or more touch downs and work on ball control and execution.  4 Qtrs men and then it l be a page in history & n the record books.  The final score only matters when your team in on top.  Seniors the time is now.  I will be there watching and enjoying what should be a very good game.

Go CARDINALS!!!!

Glad to see the Cardinals fired up, but lets have a reality check.  The game starts at 7:30 Friday evening.  You have about 26 hours to prepare yourselves for a very intense game.  Coach Harper will sniff out every opportunity to capitalize any Cardinal mistake.  Lets forget about winning by 3 or more touch downs and work on ball control and execution.  4 Qtrs men and then it l be a page in history & n the record books.  The final score only matters when your team in on top.  Seniors the time is now.  I will be there watching and enjoying what should be a very good game.

Go CARDINALS!!!!

I agree 100%!

Go get 'em boys! :]

i wonder with coach harper back

this year,how long to will it be to

they start winning like he had them

years back?

I think that the Mustangs will continue to improve year after year. The biggest problem for Burkeville is that the majority of the athletes moved to Jasper or Newton. Harper will get those players back eventually. If you compare the Mustangs from last year to this year it is amazing. Last year I honestly believe that JV teams would have beat them...this year they are at least competitive. The Mustangs are indeed on the rise..and they are losing two seniors next year! Combine that with the fact that many ex-players are coming back to Burkeville next year..well, you get the idea. Maybe alot of people will stop laughing at them now and stop making jokes. (those that didn't laugh really know high school football) Burkeville has won 2 state titles under Harper..his record speaks for itself....and those days will return much much sooner than later. Mount up 'Stang fans!!! See yall in High Island.

HI has a great Coach that makes great play calls. #20 for HI is cold-blooded !!! If HI can get #20 THE BALL THEY WILL ONLY LOSE TO H-D and Evadale and make the playoffs.  They are better than WH and maybe Colmesneil.

that's a HUGE IF #20 gets the ball cause i think #6 will be hittin him in the back field every play that's why I'm going with burkeville "D"

Burkville-18

HI-12

years back?

I think that the Mustangs will continue to improve year after year. The biggest problem for Burkeville is that the majority of the athletes moved to Jasper or Newton. Harper will get those players back eventually. If you compare the Mustangs from last year to this year it is amazing. Last year I honestly believe that JV teams would have beat them...this year they are at least competitive. The Mustangs are indeed on the rise..and they are losing two seniors next year! Combine that with the fact that many ex-players are coming back to Burkeville next year..well, you get the idea. Maybe alot of people will stop laughing at them now and stop making jokes. (those that didn't laugh really know high school football) Burkeville has won 2 state titles under Harper..his record speaks for itself....and those days will return much much sooner than later. Mount up 'Stang fans!!! See yall in High Island.

Just wondering if anyone else is troubled by Chronicle's post

"The biggest problem for Burkeville is that the majority of the athletes moved to Jasper or Newton. Harper will get those players back eventually."

Did someone change the rules on high school recruiting? I understand transfers, sounds like a number of Mustangs opted for what they believed were better teams than the one that they had in Burkeville. But the part that bothers me is that "Harper will get those players back...eventually". His post sounds like the coach is going to be spending time in some living rooms pitching that "Ole Mustang Pride!"

If a player wants to go someplace else that is up to parents and the student. A coach, any coach has no business whatsoever interfearing. The UIL has rules about not transfering for athletic purposes, but I would also wonder about a player who abandoned a program wanting to come back, I believe that in and of its self fits the UIL test for moving for athletic purposes. Besides leaving Jasper or Newton where playoffs are close to a guarentee to come to a 1A school who even if they returned might still not make the playoffs, not sure who would do that?

JMO 

years back?

Just wondering if anyone else is troubled by Chronicle's post

"The biggest problem for Burkeville is that the majority of the athletes moved to Jasper or Newton. Harper will get those players back eventually."

Did someone change the rules on high school recruiting? I understand transfers, sounds like a number of Mustangs opted for what they believed were better teams than the one that they had in Burkeville. But the part that bothers me is that "Harper will get those players back...eventually". His post sounds like the coach is going to be spending time in some living rooms pitching that "Ole Mustang Pride!"

If a player wants to go someplace else that is up to parents and the student. A coach, any coach has no business whatsoever interfearing. The UIL has rules about not transfering for athletic purposes, but I would also wonder about a player who abandoned a program wanting to come back, I believe that in and of its self fits the UIL test for moving for athletic purposes. Besides leaving Jasper or Newton where playoffs are close to a guarentee to come to a 1A school who even if they returned might still not make the playoffs, not sure who would do that?

JMO 

Come on Yeller, you know that Burkeville is headed for an economic boom and all the families with the best athletes are going to move back into town.

LMAO.....Yeller, you obviously don't understand. The athletes that moved live in Weirgate and Jamestown..two communities where students have the choice to go to either Burkeville/Newton..or Burkeville/Jasper. I'm sorry if it bothers you..you are obviously from Evadale (Rebel Yeller)...didn't Evadale get some nice transfers this year???? Unlike you, that does not bother me. Did they come for athletic purposes???(be honest) Hmmmm  Coach Harper is a class act...how dare you make claims he is going to do something illegal. Enjoy your season sir..hope the Rebels go far in the playoffs.

LMAO.....Yeller, you obviously don't understand. The athletes that moved live in Weirgate and Jamestown..two communities where students have the choice to go to either Burkeville/Newton..or Burkeville/Jasper. I'm sorry if it bothers you..you are obviously from Evadale (Rebel Yeller)...didn't Evadale get some nice transfers this year???? Unlike you, that does not bother me. Did they come for athletic purposes???(be honest) Hmmmm  Coach Harper is a class act...how dare you make claims he is going to do something illegal. Enjoy your season sir..hope the Rebels go far in the playoffs.

Coach Harper might not be doing anything wrong and I must admit that I am a bit confused about how attendance zones over lap. I thought that all had to do with what school an area paid taxes and I doubt anyone whould want to live in an area that had to pay two school taxes. But i will conseed that point, but if a student goes one year to a school because Coach Harper is not at Burkeville and then comes back when he is there then it sound to me like the kids are the ones breaking the rule not Coach Harper. Evadale has transfers, but they all are coming to Evadale, but we have not had all the talent go to Silsbee or Vidor and then return when we got a new coach.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the transfer is legal which means the kid moves into the district if a family want to go through the trouble of moveing just so thier kid has fun and wins at high school sports why not. And besides it happens in beaumont all the time. I know two twin boys that lived in the same house and one of them went to Ozen because he was a very good basketball player and the other went to central

"might not" be doing anything wrong???? Have a good day sir....83, I sure hope Burkeville does indeed have an economic boom...lots of poor people live here..hard working poor people who would probably benefit from a boom...and would certainly not appreciate your snide jokes about their town.

Just curious as to whether this is a district game?  If so, WOW!! That's some major distance involved. What was the UIL thinking?

Hey Maverick, from this post I can tell that you are not familiar with 1A football. 

FYI:  High Island and Sabine Pass have been in District play with Burkeville for over 20 years.  SP a few less, but thats another story.  We also played West Sabine for a few years and for a two year span we traveled to Cushing for District.  Two years ago Burkeville moved to a northern district, but they have settled back in D23.  Now that HD & West Hardin are 2A(have been for several years now) we have an 8 team district. 

Thanks Cardinal Fan.  You guys must have some very nice travel budgets  LOL! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder