Super Series Baseball Tourney

Rockies3293

Guest Silsbee88

Why would anyone host a Super Series sanctioned tournament in Beaumont......There are very few Super Series sanctioned tournaments even offered in Houston.  Most super series tournaments are in north texas....this is yet another organization that a team would have to pay to register and then pay for the tournament only to not have any additional tournaments without traveling a pretty good distance to justify the entry....also Super Series unless the have changed in very recent years does not "police" their divisions very well and allows teams to "sandbag".

Would have been better to host USSSA, would have allowed for more flexibility and points could have been utilized.

Best of luck to you.  Anything that brings more baseball to the area is a good thing, be it Nations, USSSA, or Super Series.  Thanks for giving the teams more options to play in this area. 

Silsbee - you are definitely entitled to your opinion, and I am sure everyone respects it, but I can't understand running it down before it even has an opportunity to get off of the ground.  If you are not a fan of Super Series, which you definitely aren't, don't sign up.  Vote with your feet and don't play, but there is no reason to shoot it down prematurely.  As for bringing USSSA back, you should look into that if you think it is worthwhile.  Ford Park is allowing the tpx group to bring in Super Series so I am sure that they would listen to your proposal to bring back USSSA. 

Guest Silsbee88

Best of luck to you.  Anything that brings more baseball to the area is a good thing, be it Nations, USSSA, or Super Series.  Thanks for giving the teams more options to play in this area. 

Silsbee - you are definitely entitled to your opinion, and I am sure everyone respects it, but I can't understand running it down before it even has an opportunity to get off of the ground.  If you are not a fan of Super Series, which you definitely aren't, don't sign up.  Vote with your feet and don't play, but there is no reason to shoot it down prematurely.  As for bringing USSSA back, you should look into that if you think it is worthwhile.  Ford Park is allowing the tpx group to bring in Super Series so I am sure that they would listen to your proposal to bring back USSSA. 

Well Slacker - I do not have a dog in the race so to speak here......just that I managed a team in this area for over 6 years and know all too well the different sanctioning....Not trying to "run down" something before it starts....just stating the facts.....fact #1 - there are very few super series sanctioned events in this area (mostly offered in the north texas area), they have had little representation in this area for quite some time....is this changing, I don't know. #2 - Points and Power rankings mean absolutely nothing unless you intend on playing in that sanctions state and world series events (of which they do not take no-play requests). #3 - Mr. Rockies did not state that he was hosting several tournaments sanctioned by super series. #4 - most of the teams in this area have always complained about the stronger teams being allowed to "sandbag", Super series has never in the past policed this issue and has allowed teams to stay in whatever class they choose.....when this happens alot of teams will not sign up just because of the "sandbagging" issue.

My comment regarding USSSA was strictly due the fact that they have other tournaments in the area, and they are better at making sure teams do not sandbag. 

Now none of this matters to me due to the fact that my son is now 14 and there are not any tournament offered in this area except for Lumberton and they are Nations.

Guest Silsbee88

Obviously, you did not go to website to see info!  I have 5 weekends at Ford Park locked in, and more locations in the southeast houston area to host! As far as USSSA goes, the point system means nothing, if one team puts in play request, the point system goes out the window!

I am glad that you are offering multiple tournaments with the same sanctioning.  I did not go to the website, I simply went by what you posted here!  And yes, the points and power system mean something, mostly at state and world series time!

I tell you what, that point and power stuff means didley,My boy played in Hutchinson Kansas when he was 12.We the Texas Stix team went in as #1 in the State and #5 in the nation and played a team that played one tournament in USSSA and was ranked low and they were a team that made the final four at the end.So to me the points thing is a good thing and could mean nothing at all.....Good Job Jason,the boys that make it(and girls) to Steamboat Springs Colorodo will have the time of there life it was the best Tournament/vacation we had, and we have been to alot.Super Series World Series was the best by far...GO TPX JAXX #15

Obviously, you did not go to website to see info!  I have 5 weekends at Ford Park locked in, and more locations in the southeast houston area to host! As far as USSSA goes, the point system means nothing, if one team puts in play request, the point system goes out the window!

You are 100% correct. The only reason Super Series has been dorment in the area and hte Houston are because USSSA threatened all the tourney directors with WS hosting. Now that Texas (75% of USSSA) went to mostly hosting Nations, Super Series will be working back into the areas.

Nothing wrong with SS, cheaper.

Aslo the points with USSSA is carrot, means nothing unless your are playing a national sanctioned tournament. State and weekend tourney are power ranking. USSSA has ran its course.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine