Vidor vs. Central Predictions? Game will Be Broadcasted Live at 7:10 Here!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vidor will win in a close fought battle with a high score of 40 47 pirates on top :P

A high scoring game?  You really think we will give up 40 something points to Vidor?  You trippin, man! 

I agree, maybe half those points, but same scenario. hard physical game usually means lost tempers which leads to mental errors. whoever can be the most physical and play mistake free ball, will win. sounds pretty predictable but both of these teams are coming out of the gates fired up! could be anyones game but I will have to go with vidor by a few.

i've just seen the 6:00 sports part of the news and they interviewed Coach Matthews.  He was basically telling them the same thing he told our fans when he scouted Central at the Central/Galveston Ball game.  This time, he mentioned our players by name.  This may have been the first time I've heard this from an opposing coach.  He named all of our RB's by name and stated that they are fast.  He stated that we have strong, fast, and physical players on defense.  I just want to let him know (that's if he ever reads these boards) and Vidor fans that it is appreciated.  He's a classy dude.

Guest Jaguar-J

i've just seen the 6:00 sports part of the news and they interviewed Coach Matthews.  He was basically telling them the same thing he told our fans when he scouted Central at the Central/Galveston Ball game.  This time, he mentioned our players by name.  This may have been the first time I've heard this from an opposing coach.  He named all of our RB's by name and stated that they are fast.  He stated that we have strong, fast, and physical players on defense.  I just want to let him know (that's if he ever reads these boards) and Vidor fans that it is appreciated.  He's a classy dude.

Soulja, What channel was this interview on ?

Soulja, What channel was this interview on ?

Ch. 6

Vidor will win in a close fought battle with a high score of 40 47 pirates on top :P

A high scoring game?  You really think we will give up 40 something points to Vidor?  You trippin, man! 

OK vidor will win by 40 then and central wont give them vidor will take them cause they deserve it

This should tell you something SoulMAN that he is very prepared and his team is very prepared to battle Friday night. And yes Coach Mathews is a very classy coach!

Don't know if he does are not but I do know he tells his players not to (don't blame him on that) but from a Vidor fan thanks....

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a question.  Have Vidor played an athletic team in their first 3 games.  (no, I'm not talking about a scrimmage)

Come on Soul man git over it! What is ..is  ..and what will be ...will be! What Vidor did in the past is gone! Friday night will tell the tale! Enough said! One team will get it done, the other will have 1000 excuses. I just happen to believe that Vidor is for real this year!  ;D

This game will be lost by a missed PAT and that's it. Someone earlier in the post said that Central plays lights out in the second half and frankly, if Vidor plays like they did last year, they come out like a brand new team in the second half so I think the pace change will be negated on both sides of the ball. I'm going to give this to the Jags though, but I'm not going to be one bit shocked if I'm wrong. Good Luck to ALL of district 20-4A on an injury free season from this point on.

The fan/alumni in me is going for the Pirates. But the realist in me knows that this game has the making to be too close to make a prediction about.

I'd like to see Vidor just flat-out impose their will against the Jags. Moving the ball all night, seemingly saying "line up whoever you have, cause it wont be enough."

BBBUUUUTTTT, I've seen Central play West Brook on tv while I was at the lake. Central is a tough team, no doubt. But also, like another poster mentioned, it's about matchups. Just because Central has played faster teams doesn't mean they have the edge over Vidor. Vidor is a punch-you-in-the-mouth, methodical team. I've played against teams that nobody gave us a chance to compete with...a lot of times, we've beaten those teams.

Central has played against alot of different competition... Not just speed... 

Memorial has maybe the best overall running game in the area, they are big and strong.  Thier Defense was beastly with two All American type DE and LB!!!  Funny thing is they are also getting better! 

Westbrook had a great Oline and gave their QB all day to throw, but  they could not run on us.... Westbrook also had a hard hitting Defense.

GBall was fast and athletic, cant ay much for defense though!

See Central has played a variety of teams with plenty of streg0nths.

Vidor fans will be a challenge and I think our boys and coaching staff are up to it.  Vidor will the Newby kid be back for this game?

I get that, but no team is ever the same as another. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying Vidor will win, even though I'm rooting for them. I know and understand that Central is the favorite in a lot of peoples' minds, maybe even including mine. I just can't admit it due to my stubborn fan side.

If Vidor wins, I'll probably view it as more of an upset, while others might use it as a "I told you so."

I get that, but no team is ever the same as another. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying Vidor will win, even though I'm rooting for them. I know and understand that Central is the favorite in a lot of peoples' minds, maybe even including mine. I just can't admit it due to my stubborn fan side.

If Vidor wins, I'll probably view it as more of an upset, while others might use it as a "I told you so."

What are you saying?  Vidor is the favorates by a long shot.  They are ranked in the region 3 polls.  They were picked in magazines to win this district.  They are leading the district in total defense and total offense.  They have the 3 top rushers in district.  While the 'wowful' Jags were not even picked to make the playoffs this year while making school history last year.  Heck, we don't even have that pretty undefeated thing that yall have going...  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

What offense does Central run?

Either way the only way Vidor wins is by controlling the ball and clock. They must keep the mistakes to a very minimum and capitalize on any miscue by Central.

Vidor 31

Central 28

Central runs a variety of offenses...  They line up in the spread to run and throw out of... Then they go Pro I and do the same.  Every once in a while you may see the Pro Back formation with both RBs lined up side by side...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83