*Post Jr. High Football Scores Here*

KFDM COOP

7TH GRADE

Groves Braves - 18

Mauricville Panthers     -  0

Good thing to finally have 7th grade ball going in PNG.  Was good for the kids. 6 min quarters..short and sweet...good experience for the kiddos.

how many schools are just starting 7th grade teams this year? i read on another post where nederland started 7th grade this year too.

There is only one 7th grade team, they won 33 - 0 over Vidor 7th grade.

8th grade has an "A" and "B", so it must have been Vidor 8th grade B that beat C.O. Wilson B.

the vidor 8b team hasn't played yet. they had a bye this week. the second team that played was the 7a team. i think there are a few 8th graders on the team. the vidor 8b team is supposed to play c.o. next week in nederland from what is on the junior high website. they just formed the teams last friday and there is some confusion. they've all only practiced 2 days in pads.

How did they play a game after only 2 days in pads when the UIL rule is you must practice in pads a minimum of 6 days before playing?

vidor only had 8 school days before the first game. i don't see how 4 plus 7 (which is what the uil says) can equal 8 or in nederland's case 4 plus 7 equal 9. their must have been some sort of waiver acquired.

8th grade has an "A" and "B", so it must have been Vidor 8th grade B that beat C.O. Wilson B.

Vidor has 5 junior high teams:

7th , 8th North A , 8th North B, 8th south A , 8th south B

The team that beat C.O. Wilson 28 - 0 is Vidor 8th South B. (all 8th graders except there backfield)

The 7th grade does not have a chance because the Vidor coaches took all their best players and put them on 8th grade teams. They do not work with the 7th graders at all !

That is a LIE sir, and you know it..I along with 4 other volunteers along, with 4 paid coaches are out there everyday.

I challenge you to come meet me out there everyday between 4pm and 5:30 pm to see me not working with the 7th grade.I took off work early Tuesday night just to be there with them on the sideline during there game. So anytime you would like come on down and introduce yourself. Those 7th graders that you say we don't work with, half of them were on the 8th b team that shutout the c.o.wilson team. Yes there are other 7th graders that need alot of work..BUT they are young and they are trying. But dont get on here and run your mouth about something you apparently know nothing about ,or something you would rather lie about.

I take away from my sons team and my other obligations so there will be enough coaches down there coaching. Come on down and introduce yourself.Heck I got an idea ,.Volunteer YOUR time somewhere and try to make a difference..

The team that beat C.O. Wilson 28 - 0 is Vidor 8th South B. (all 8th graders except there backfield)

The 7th grade does not have a chance because the Vidor coaches took all their best players and put them on 8th grade teams. They do not work with the 7th graders at all !

That is a LIE sir, and you know it..I along with 4 other volunteers along, with 4 paid coaches are out there everyday.

I challenge you to come meet me out there everyday between 4pm and 5:30 pm to see me not working with the 7th grade.I took off work early Tuesday night just to be there with them on the sideline during there game. So anytime you would like come on down and introduce yourself. Those 7th graders that you say we don't work with, half of them were on the 8th b team that shutout the c.o.wilson team. Yes there are other 7th graders that need alot of work..BUT they are young and they are trying. But dont get on here and run your mouth about something you apparently know nothing about ,or something you would rather lie about.

I take away from my sons team and my other obligations so there will be enough coaches down there coaching. Come on down and introduce yourself.Heck I got an idea ,.Volunteer YOUR time somewhere and try to make a difference..

Understand your anger here my friend. We missed you at practice Tuesday because you were up there with these kids you never work with. Its amazing what some will post on here behind a hidden screen name because little Johnny aint getting to play as much as they think he should or some other hidden agenda they have. I know piratefan and a few more of these guys that are volunteering there time.Dont know how you guys do it with all thats going on with our on kids but it is appreciated by the majority.

there is not an north 8a and 8b team and south 8a and 8b team, there is a north a and b and south a and b. the north and south b teams have just as many 7th as 8th graders. it was a little confusing at first, but i think it will work itself out. the coaches made a decision because they had too many kids for 4 teams, plus some schools in our district just started 7th grade teams this year. the main reason all this was done, i believe, is to give the kids more playing time. last year the north 7th and south 7th played a lot of 8b teams because that was all that was available. it is hard for the 7th graders to pick up the offense vidor runs and they will take some lumps, but in the long run it will help them transition to high school ball and that's the main purpose of jr high football. as for the coaches not working with the 7th graders....that is a flat out lie. they had very little time to get prepared for their first game due to school starting so late and it showed. i think the coaches are doing their best and are doing a good job with the resources they have. this is a LEARNING experience for the young kids. the wins and losses don't amount to much in jr high. you're hardly ever on equal playing terms with the teams you're playing. at least the 7th grade will be mostly playing 7th graders this yr and the ones playing up have some help from some 8th graders.

there is not an north 8a and 8b team and south 8a and 8b team, there is a north a and b and south a and b. the north and south b teams have just as many 7th as 8th graders. it was a little confusing at first, but i think it will work itself out. the coaches made a decision because they had too many kids for 4 teams, plus some schools in our district just started 7th grade teams this year. the main reason all this was done, i believe, is to give the kids more playing time. last year the north 7th and south 7th played a lot of 8b teams because that was all that was available. it is hard for the 7th graders to pick up the offense vidor runs and they will take some lumps, but in the long run it will help them transition to high school ball and that's the main purpose of jr high football. as for the coaches not working with the 7th graders....that is a flat out lie. they had very little time to get prepared for their first game due to school starting so late and it showed. i think the coaches are doing their best and are doing a good job with the resources they have. this is a LEARNING experience for the young kids. the wins and losses don't amount to much in jr high. you're hardly ever on equal playing terms with the teams you're playing. at least the 7th grade will be mostly playing 7th graders this yr and the ones playing up have some help from some 8th graders.

Actually Vidor has 5 teams this year:  8th north a and b, 8th south a and b, and 1 7th grade team with some 7th graders playing up on some b teams.  All schools in the district will now play 1 7th grade team 2 8th teams pending any numbers situations. In the past 7th graders have played on 8th b teams, but only 2 schools in the district had true 7th grade programs... Little Cypress and Lumberton. Now they all have the same and can play a true district 7th and 8th grade schedule. 

HF vs EC 7th Grade Scrimmage

HF 3

EC 0

8TH GRADE REAL GAME

EC 22

HF 12

It was good two see these two youngs squads face off against one another. The future looks good for these

two programs if these young men can stick together. Good Luck to both teams this year.

Oh I forgot to give Kudos to the HF & EC Jr High Cheer sqauds and the EC Dance Team all of them did a really good job, very entertaining.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami