All Time Southeast Texas Fantasy Football Team

Guest Kelly Football

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to Butch Hadnot from Kirbyville. He was all-state and went to UT where I think he led them in rushing as a freshman, then got into some trouble, but I don't remember the details.

PS - I always liked Ryan Cobb from NED. That guys was crazy, he was all over the field. Definately has a place on my ffb team, even if it was just for special teams.

There is a little mention about joe washington in here. He is by far the best rb to ever come out of southeast texas. He is the only one to make it pro and retire after over 10 years in the league. As far as QB's i dont think you can list beasley cause he is not even a QB anymore I think someone like the ford kid from SFA in the 80's or TOdd Dodge would have to be at the top they have state championships to like beasely except ford but he played for oklahoma for 4 years as an option QB. Everyone here only knows recent history. Im young but i know the past and athletes have been coming out of southeast texas for decades.

Sad to see all these ignorant people. THough all these players yall have listed are good we are talking about the best.

Best RB easily Joe Washington Redskins

Best receiver Duriel Harris Miami

best Lineman Frank Middleton Raiders and others

Best linebacker Eric Alexander currently New England Patriots

QB is a toss up Kenny Ford Oklahome 4 years maybe todd dodge

cant list beasely he is no longer a QB

CB easy one Kevin smith Cowboys and 3 rings

D Line Jerry Ball LIons

These other names yall are listing are just from the heart not with your head. I know a lot of these other guys but they are not the best by far asome of yall need to get out more. OF YOUR TOWN

Everyone is bringing up what everyone did after HS.....base the team on what they did while in HS in SETX,,,,

These players arent mentioned yet and were awesome players in HS:

RB Terry Miller- Lincoln (prob one of the best "unknown" overall athletes from SETX)

RB Jeff Bergeron Sr. PNG

RB Ron McGill PNG

WR Eric Cammack Ned

WR/DB Ryan Butler Ned

QB Chip Ambres WB

WR Brent Duhon TJ

WR Kenny Harrison TJ

RB Leeland McElroy Central

QB/DB Dikari Pearson Dayton

OL Jason Matthews BC

RB Shanderrick Charles Lincoln

etc etc etc...

LOL...Patton is no where close to being the best rb to ever come through Jasper..probably not even in the top 20...

Unless, I missed something, I didn't see anyone mention Mr. Hunt from Jasper who played on the '86 team. I've seen most Jasper teams play since that year, and he was the best Jasper RB IMO.

WO-S had this kid with the last name of Norwood who played in '83. He was one of the most unheralded defensive players in WO-S history, but he is remembered to this day. :D

By reading these lists, there's hardly any mention of players from the '60's, 70's, and early 80's. WO-S had an offensive lineman who played between '79 and '80 named Ray Rogers. He was an all-state lineman and one of the best we ever had (played college ball at UH). Another player on those same teams was Lawrence Hardin, a first team all state pick at safety.

I know there are people on this board who remember some of the great players from the earlier PNG, Hebert, South Park, and Bridge City teams. What are some names from these teams?

LB Glen Gaspard East Chambers

I remember back in high school I asked my dad who was "the baddest" dude you ever played against. He said "Glen Gaspard" from East Chambers. I said East Chambers.... :? , come on pops that's a basketball school (this was just before EC starting regularly handing HD our butts from the mid 90's on). He said that guy was a machine, played FB and MLB. He said one year Gaspard had 30 tackles against Hull-Daisetta. Well my dad was a 1st Team All-State LB himself (never lived up to my old man, I only made 2nd team all-state not 1st), so I got to wondering who this Gaspard character was, so I did some research. All he did was go on to be one of the greatest defensive players to ever wear the burnt orange at the University of Texas. He was a three time all SWC linebacker and I'm pretty sure went on to be selected in the NFL draft, but not sure after that. This guy was a stud.

All I know is that Glen Gaspard would definitely be on this list!!!

QB- BRAD SULLIVAN-NED, DUSTIN LONG-PNG

RB-JAMAAL CHARLES-PAM, SHANDERRICK CHARLES-LINCOLN, TROY SUMMERALL- NED

WR- PAUL PEGROSS-TJ, RYAN BUTLER-NED, BRENT DUHON-TJ

OL- FRANK MIDDLETON-WB

DB- KEVIN SMITH-WOS, KENNETH BEASLEY- WOS

DL- SHANE DRONETT-BC, JERRY BALL-WB

LB-GLEN GASPARD-EC, RYAN COBB-NED

Glen Gaspard is my uncle. He went to the bills, I dont know how long though.

Heres my fantasy lineup:

QB: Dustin Long...PNG(Im a homer)

RB: Jamaal Charles Memorial

RB: Joe Washington Lincoln

WR: Brent Duhon TJ

WR: Eric Cammack NED

WR: Ryan Butler NED

TE: Kevin Everett TJ

K: Keith Wagespack PNG

DEF: 87 WO-S

Reserves:

QB: Todd Dodge TJ

QB: Chip Ambres WB

RB: Terry Miller Lincoln

RB: Ron McGill PNG

RB: Jeff Bergeron Sr. PNG

WR: Sean Yoder NED

WR: Kenny Harrison TJ

DEF: 89 PNG

There it is for the standard 17 rd draft

OK all these QB's though young are pretty good but Chip Ambres almost beat Katy the year they won state (again)! They had no defense at Westbrook so Chip just out scored everyone. Hell Texas A&M re-wrote the playbook just for him. He had scouts at our middle school games. He was the truth ... too bad baseball took him from the game... but going from HS to the league for a few million most be cool. And Charles is all fine and dandy... I love watching the kid but in HS Leeland McElroy was nasty. Keeny Ray Harrison was the man down in PA... slow as all out doors but had the best hands to come out of Southeast Texas.

OK all these QB's though young are pretty good but Chip Ambres almost beat Katy the year they won state (again)! They had no defense at Westbrook so Chip just out scored everyone. heck Texas A&M re-wrote the playbook just for him. He had scouts at our middle school games. He was the truth ... too bad baseball took him from the game... but going from HS to the league for a few million most be cool. And Charles is all fine and dandy... I love watching the kid but in HS Leeland McElroy was nasty. Keeny Ray Harrison was the man down in PA... slow as all out doors but had the best hands to come out of Southeast Texas.

West Brook lost to Hastings in the Astrodome Ambres senior year. He was amazing against Mayde Creek at Rice Stadium the week before. In '94 they gave away the game at the Dome to Katy when Kendrick Bernard got kicked out on the onside kick, and Sellars fumbled on the two several plays later. The 94 WB team might have had the most potent offense in recent memory.

What are we rating here. I see names still coming up that are far from the best from this area. Cammack was a good athlete but far from one of the top ten receivers in this area. If I were picking a fantasy football team from this area i would want to know if my guys took it to the next level like college.

Ambres didnt

cammack didnt

at least not in football.

I agree they are good athletes but not what i would want on my ffb team. What ever happened to mcgill, and miller these were some players but they seemed to have underachieved.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder