Post Your scores here

Look, I agree it was hot. But the kids can play football in that heat. As long as the coaches sub them sufficiently.

In some cases there aren't enough people on the team to sub sufficiently... We did lose but not complaining at that cuz we didn't play well enuf to win.  We weren't prepared for the heat with enuf water nor did our coaches utilize time outs sufficiently for the kids to rehydrate... They realize that and have taken those steps to make changes before the next game. Kids are use to playing outside and playing in baseball tourneys all weekend but they aren't on the field in full gear and they are in the dugout 1/2 an inning & can rehydrate.  My child had to play almost the entire game but didn't complain until after the game cuz he wasn't feeling just right but couldn't explain what was wrong he just wanted to go home....  He ended up without an appetite the rest of the weekend and couldn't get enuf to drink as well has having a fever up to 104°F... It was ugly for awhile but he is better now...  We are better prepared to handle the rest of the games to come even in the heat...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teamraider: how did you get your game professionally recorded?  That is soo neat!

One of our coaches knows a guy that does it for us. We have used him the past few years and he does a good job with coverage on a DVD. We had enough parents commit to purchase to make it worth it for him to show up for most of our games.

I know another guy that used to film some of our games and was reasonable. I think he used to charge $150 per game so it was 10 people at 15 bucks. If your interested I could get his number for you.

I had a good talk with DL after the game. He is a lifelong friend and  I am also a coach for PNGYFA. Personally, I wish people associated with our league WOULD NOT get on this site and run their mouths about YOUTH FOOTBALL, especially if you are on the sidelines and involved in the game. I can assure you that DL made no excuses for the loss on Saturday other than that you guys are better at this point. Please don't let the one OUTSPOKEN person on these boards influence your feelings toward our association. We definitely took our lumps as a whole last weekend. We will get it straightened out. Good luck to all of you over in Lumberton. You have some strong teams top to bottom.

I don’t know DL well, but we’ve had several games over the past couple of years and know he wouldn’t think I’m

accusing him of anything. He’s always been a standup guy that takes his losses just like he takes his wins… A smile a firm handshake and “Good Game†is what you get and believe me I’ve been on both ends several times.

There are some on this site that can’t keep their opinions to themselves, but we wouldn’t hold that against DL or PNG. Good luck to you and with any luck we hope to see you weeks 9 – 11  :)

Same here in WO-S. DL gets tons of respect as a person and a coach from this organization.

Today was really busy for me shooting stuff but I'm going to try and get some of these games for my shows.

Ash, looks like the game you need to be at next week is the Jr. BC vs. WOS White 1pm in BC. Heck, I coach another game that day and I wish I could make it...

BC-  41              WOS-W-  54

Ned Gold-  6          PNG-P-  0

P.S. If you do, could you shot it from the Endzone and send me a copy???  ;)

49 to 6 WO-S!!!! And im giving them the 6 cause I like the qb!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Today was really busy for me shooting stuff but I'm going to try and get some of these games for my shows.

Ash, looks like the game you need to be at next week is the Jr. BC vs. WOS White 1pm in BC. Heck, I coach another game that day and I wish I could make it...

P.S. If you do, could you shot it from the Endzone and send me a copy???  ;)

stangs92 thanks for the 6 points but not to brag  i don't think it is gonna be like some of y'all think. I think it will be a great game and i wish it was time to play. I wish you the best of luck and see you at 1;00. ;) ;D ;D ;D ??? :P :-* :-*

P.S. If you do, could you shot it from the Endzone and send me a copy???  ;)

stangs92 thanks for the 6 points but not to brag  i don't think it is gonna be like some of y'all think. I think it will be a great game and i wish it was time to play. I wish you the best of luck and see you at 1;00. ;) ;D ;D ;D ??? :P :-* :-*

Its gonna get ugly RB........UUUUUUGGGGGGLLLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!! ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Good luck to u all also buddy.

Just because you score alot doesn't mean you were trying to run up the score. What do you expect them to do? Hand the ball off and tell the kid not to run the ball? If that happened to a WOS team and it has and did to a Sr. team last year. The WOS people would be more concerned about the fact that we couldn't stop them. At some point the team getting beat needs to step up the defense. The 28 points ahead rule is supposed to keep games from getting out of hand. If a team can't stop the 2nd and 3rd team offense I don't know what you want the offense to do? Some of those kids will never get to run the ball again.

TD is right. Sloe I am not sure how much youth football you watch but you have to be at some of the games to understand.

After 28 points, the starting backfield comes out of the game. I have seen a lot of teams that behind, throw the ball and usually leads to interceptions and tunrovers. I would reccomend that any team that is behind by 28 to trun the ball and shorten the game as much as possbile.

It is very hard to tell 2 nd and 3rd string players not to run hard or retunr an interception. As long as the winning plays with class and good sportsmanship.

Thats what I am saying piratefan, unless you see the game, you dont know all what happen. If I remember correctly there is a sheet that each coach signs and there is a question was there at any time a team was up by 28 points, if so did the team conduct proper sportsmanship? So that gives the opposing team a chance to grade the other team. Then the board willtake up any issues, if any.

I had a good talk with DL after the game. He is a lifelong friend and  I am also a coach for PNGYFA. Personally, I wish people associated with our league WOULD NOT get on this site and run their mouths about YOUTH FOOTBALL, especially if you are on the sidelines and involved in the game. I can assure you that DL made no excuses for the loss on Saturday other than that you guys are better at this point. Please don't let the one OUTSPOKEN person on these boards influence your feelings toward our association. We definitely took our lumps as a whole last weekend. We will get it straightened out. Good luck to all of you over in Lumberton. You have some strong teams top to bottom.

I don’t know DL well, but we’ve had several games over the past couple of years and know he wouldn’t think I’m

accusing him of anything. He’s always been a standup guy that takes his losses just like he takes his

wins… A smile a firm handshake and “Good Game†is what you get and believe me I’ve been on both ends

several times.

There are some on this site that can’t keep their opinions to themselves, but we wouldn’t hold that against DL or PNG. Good luck to you and with any luck we hope to see you weeks 9 – 11  :)

Same here in WO-S. DL gets tons of respect as a person and a coach from this organization.

well said!! DL has been a mentor and coach to me growing up and As an adult and youth sports coach myself am still amazed and look up to him. He is perfect example of what PNG is about! It would be nice if he would either adopt about a 7 yr old or go back to PNGISD someday. I am pretty sure NewIndian will get an ear full! It's very aggravating to hear of one of our volunteers on here mis representing what we stand for........but that's why the name is NewIndian........cause he don't know what we stand for.

So NewIndian.......let's seperate the men from the boys!!! Give that chain to one of the qualified and mature 13 yr olds, go home and put your red shirt back on, build your playbook from playstation video games, and shut your pie hole........your only embarrassing yourself and unfortunately your son! In my opinion I hope the PNGYFA considers removing you from our sidelines!!

PeeWee Correction: PNG-White 45 - 2 over Beaumont

Sorry, it was seven TD's to a safety.

what kinda score is that what are yall teaching over there

Believe me the kids are being taught all the proper mechanics on Peewee white, also being taught to play hard and never let up. The back field was changed to kids that have never played those positions. Sometimes it just happens and thats what happened today. It could've been alot worse believe me.  Our player actually scored the two points by returning a fumble to the wrong endzone. These kids are still learning since they are only 7&8 years old. Beaumont is new team to the league and I noticed were struggling on learning plays etc. It will come around for them, but at this age the players are unpredictable. Good luck to all, but we (PNG White) win and lose with dignity.

It isn't PNG's fault for the score.  If the line doesn't block and the defense is on the qb before he has even backed away that is all on the offensive line not protecting their qb.  Same for defense if you don't get in there and tackle then they are going to run it in for a TD.  You can't watch the kid run by and then chase after him.  These kids are new and have never played before.  Some do not even want to be out there and are only there cuz their parents make them. It is tough for the coaches to teach these kids and if they don't pay attention then when they get out there they just stand there cuz they don't know what to do. One lines up on the wrong side everytime cuz he doesn't want to be there and he is just waiting for it to be over.  Beaumont is lucky to have 15-16 kids show up so that you can switch players out during a game and don't have to play the same 11 an entire game. It is hard to practice too when they don't all show up and especially if you can barely get 11 players there.

They had alot more kids that wanted to play but the board denied them the chance to play; therefore, you are stuck with some that want to and alot that really don't.  They have to work with what they have and change some strategies and hope they can make some improvements each week.  Hopefully, with 2 weeks before the next game they will improve and be able to make a difference against another PNG team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder