Recruits

I saw the lists......we will be taller 4..6'9'' new guys

only 1 less than 6'

all the names but 1 have been mentioned on this board.....

Any that stand out a lot as far as being big contributers this year?

I believe there are 8 new players on campus and eligible.  I don't understand Roccaforte's reluctance to release the names at this point.  His approval rating among diehards is sinking because of this inaction on his part.  I know he is excited about this group and really believes the team can be his best, so why he doesn't at least release the list is a mystery to me.  He doesn't have to brag about the talent level, just release the da** list already.

Has Roccaforte's failure to announce his recruits killed all enthusiasm of the die hard fans?  I am replying to my own post from yesterday morning.  I have heard that Shane Mahoney is gone, Skylar Williams is gone and Brandon Moton will not be on the roster.  Come on Roccaforte, at least give us something to chew on.

Guest coachacola

This is a new coaching strategy Roc is trying this year.  He won't release any names until the start of the first game so other teams can't scout his team.  There will be no open scrimmages and he doesn't plan on talking to the media at all before the season begins.  The new players are required to walk around hunched over and wear nerdy clothes so nobody will know who they are.  The athletic department is not allowed to mention anything about the basketball season until the first game.  I heard Roc was furious when they released the basketball schedule and the season tickets when on sale because it brought unwanted attention to the program.  With this new strategy by Roc a final four appearance is right around the corner!

Guest coachacola

Reggie Harris....Donley Minor....ever heard of them???????

Several sites have Donley Minor going to Lamar.  I had never heard of him until now.  I haven't heard of Reggie Harris and when I google that name nothing comes up.  Maybe you're thinking of Kendrick Harris?

Donley Minor is a 6'1 or 6'2 combo guard from California.  He's a high school player that averaged about 11 points per game last year.  Stats are here: http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/g_9v-0vPL0KpNxBLpGUhoA/basketball-winter-08-09/stats-donley-minor.htm

Here's an article from August 5th that mentions  Kendrick Harris and EB Davis (JUCOs) coming to Lamar:

http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=971560

OK..............someone in the media due what is necessary and contact the athletic department and get the list of players for this years team!!!!!!  This is ridiculous!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(  Every other college team in the free world has known who their players are for months now, and all we get is speculation!!!!  Time to put the speculation to rest!!!!!!!

OK..............someone in the media due what is necessary and contact the athletic department and get the list of players for this years team!!!!!!  This is ridiculous!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(  Every other college team in the free world has known who their players are for months now, and all we get is speculation!!!!  Time to put the speculation to rest!!!!!!!

I think it is quite obvious that the delay is because of embarassment. No way Roc sits on a good recruiting class this long.

I am very curious of what his explanation will be for not releasing the names.

I hear the list will be released Monday afternoon.  I don't understand the delay at a time when LU is trying to sell season tickets.  How do you generate excitement when nobody even knows who will play this year? 

I don't think the failure to release has anything to do with embarrassment as I have heard this is a really good group of players.  However, waiting around to clear up eligibility issues does not sell season tickets.  Hopefully, Roc won't repeat this mistake in the future.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin