Lumberton Vs Dayton Scrimmage

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last scrimmage-Dayton-If you consider scrimmage games as wins-I think the game is about finding out what you've learned/strengths/weakness/heart.Without alot of the extras like kick/punt returns I would say it is a win/win situation for both Dayton and Lumberton and I hope the 2007 game is long forgotten for this scrimmage.That's in the books-Time to move forward.Both programs are improved and if they ever meet in a regular game then a win means something.

In my opinion, the lumberton team will probably walk (or limp) away from the scrimmage with a very long list of things they need to work on if they want to compete with a quality team.  Dayton will probably come away with a few things they need to tweak, especially on the offensive side of the ball.  All in all, it should be a good confidence builder for the broncos and a chance for lumberton to take some lumps as they get ready for the season.  On an unrelated note, is lumberton still wearing those cute baby blue uniforms and do they sell men's clothes at the store they bought them from?

In my opinion, the lumberton team will probably walk (or limp) away from the scrimmage with a very long list of things they need to work on if they want to compete with a quality team.  Dayton will probably come away with a few things they need to tweak, especially on the offensive side of the ball.  All in all, it should be a good confidence builder for the broncos and a chance for lumberton to take some lumps as they get ready for the season.  On an unrelated note, is lumberton still wearing those cute baby blue uniforms and do they sell men's clothes at the store they bought them from?

Man this will be a huge win for Dayton in a scrimmage. They still can't swallow that huge lump in their throats from a district lost to the baby blue L-TRAIN RAIDERS. I am just glad we don't look like a purple dinosaur we all Know that look like Barney. Sorry I just had to. Purple is pretty cute.

Word...I will say this, the one thing that I feel like Dayton is missing is the rivalry that you guys have in the golden triangle.  Sure, we don't like Crosby. And Barbers Hill will be a good one as their program evolves, but beyond that, there aren't a whole lot of must see games until the playoffs.  Part of this is due in part to the way dayton gets bumped around every time realignment occurs.  Not really sure how to explain it...  

Last scrimmage-Dayton-If you consider scrimmage games as wins-I think the game is about finding out what you've learned/strengths/weakness/heart.Without alot of the extras like kick/punt returns I would say it is a win/win situation for both Dayton and Lumberton and I hope the 2007 game is long forgotten for this scrimmage.That's in the books-Time to move forward.Both programs are improved and if they ever meet in a regular game then a win means something.

Well put liltex. It's only a scrimmage, hopefully both teams will just work on stuff they need to tweak on.

I like the baby blue,reminds me of the Tyler Rose of Houston Oilers w/Bum Phillips.All coaches hate to lose but they don't feel as bad as the players do.If you did your best,that's all a coach wants.Coaches have to look at the big picture.The Great one's learn from experience.The remark about differant people,I do not know any that could or would put on a football uniform except to make a calendar.ROT you've been quite on this board,you coming,let's meet.

That's a huge task.He has all the abilities just has not broken out yet.He will have some big games and I think he will soon be a good one once he learns how to tuck the ball/lower his running style when the defense closes in.He is real quick.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont