Biggest powerhouse in area?

Who has had the most success in their sport?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who has had the most success in their sport?

• Ozen Basketball
    • WOS Football
    • Dayton Football
    • Silsbee Basketball
    • Central Track
    • HJ Basketball
    • other

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line, when you are talking football, WOS has the highest winning percentage in the state of Texas across all classifications.  The were deemed the winningest football program in the state.  They are ranked 20th in the nation by winning percentage.  There were only 3 teams in the top 50 from Texas and none if the teams listed in this post were on there except WOS.  So with that said WOS is it period, you can't argue the facts.

I think if you win in late November and December it out weighs some losses in September and October. Look at WOS87's historical playoff stats for area teams, Newton wins when it counts and your right, you can't argue the facts. ;)

Guest EagleFan01

Bottom line, when you are talking football, WOS has the highest winning percentage in the state of Texas across all classifications.  The were deemed the winningest football program in the state.  They are ranked 20th in the nation by winning percentage.  There were only 3 teams in the top 50 from Texas and none if the teams listed in this post were on there except WOS.  So with that said WOS is it period, you can't argue the facts.

Thats all great and everything but, WOS didn't start playing football till what 57? Newton has been playing since 1921. Having less games played will give you the chance to have a higher winning percentage. This discussion could go on forever about Newton and WOS who is a bigger powerhouse? I love it lets see how far we can make it go.

Thats all great and everything but, WOS didn't start playing football till what 57? Newton has been playing since 1921. Having less games played will give you the chance to have a higher winning percentage. This discussion could go on forever about Newton and WOS who is a bigger powerhouse? I love it lets see how far we can make it go.

Actually, WOS started playing in '77, not '57.

Still, their winning percentage is second to none in our area and if you were to start this discussion with the year 1977, WOS is hands down the most powerful.

Guest EagleFan01

Actually, WOS started playing in '77, not '57.

Still, their winning percentage is second to none in our area and if you were to start this discussion with the year 1977, WOS is hands down the most powerful.

Since 1977 Newton has 289 victories and WOS has 290.

Here is how these two schools stack up record wise since 1977:

WOS

290-75-3   79% winning percentage

playoffs  19 appearances  

33-17-1   2 state championships, 2 runnerups  64% winning percentage

Newton

289-84-5  76% winning percentage

playoffs  27 appearances

43-24-2   2 state championships, 1 runnerup   62% winning percentage

After looking at the statistics, I believe you could just flip a coin between these two powerhouse football programs. Let's just call'em 1A and 1B.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Liberty takes Game 1   8-2.
    • Agree! When you have time make your way to the band section and check out the BOTB with Lake Charles band again. Would have like to have heard some new music from LC ,however, we looked and sounded amazing. If this is going to be our band size next year we are growing. I doubt we will be as big though.
    • I have sat in the jury room on three trials. The rationale that juries can come up with after listening to testimony from the witness stand, is at times amazing. I don’t care how good of a case I could make in defense and how much the evidence was on my side, I would never want my fate in front of a jury.  
    • You give yourself a moral pass. Now that is some kind of flexibility. There is a word to describe it. Can you guess what it is?  
    • The law on self defense in Texas says that the use of deadly force is justified if the person using the force reasonably believes that it is the force is necessary. Of course a jury will look at it and determine if the person had a “reasonable” fear. In my opinion, by law it is to be viewed from the perspective of the person using the force at that moment. That is why it says that “he” reasonably believes. Then under Texas law, a person isn’t required to prove self defense. The state is required to prove that it wasn’t and beyond a reasonable doubt. So there was no reasonable doubt of fear when your car is surrounded by a mob and a guy is walking toward you with an AK47?