Vidor 28, WOS 21/Post Comments Here!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too much emphasis put on scrimmages.

Vidor hasn't been to the playoffs since 2000. I am not ready to crown them district champs by outscoring a 3A team in a scrimmage. They play @ Central and @ Lumberton to open district. Need to win both of those games to win district.

From what I witnessed tonight at the scrimmage its gonna be tough to stop Vidors Offense. I understand that WOS is a 3-A school but does Dayton have a team this year ? Whats got me puzzled is Dayton could only score 7 points on WOS and Vidor could have scored @ will (without turnovers).

WOS had a good defender sitting out for the scrimmage but how much could this one player have helped ? I will admit that I have been hard on the pirate fans since I've found this website but they are for real and until you see them you won't understand.

* as for WOS us Nederland fans will find out how good they are when we play.  It would just be hard for me to believe that both Dayton and WOS have weak teams especially in the same year and for those that doubt Vidor thats basically what your saying.

It's because Dayton runs the spread and Vidor runs the Wing T. Two completely different offenses. One plays to our strength (speed) and the other plays into our weakness (size and power) and you have to play more discipline. Also, WOS is trying to find the right fit at linebacker and to be successful against a team like Vidor, your linebackers have to play nearly flawless. We are not there yet. The offense Vidor runs can be the most fun to watch or the most boring depending on whether or not you have the hosses to run it. Vidor does this year.

Great post Gas-Dayton's Strength is size/power.If pirates/broncos meet later Dayton will have some experience on offense after graduating Green,Dugat,LaCour who acct.for 85% of the 08 offense.If Vidor don't throw much they could have a long night.Has any stats been posted for WOS/Vidor scrimmage.

UVER 400 yards. OVER 400 yards sorry guys from what i saw the coaching staff over at wo-s better have aheart to heart talk with there kids.my hats off to vidor,thay did what thay had to do and made it look easy at that.ok now vidor did NOT  put there 2nd team in that is bull and you know it. from what we saw  maybe a couple  four at the most. vidor will give people fits this year and we wish them the best. PS what has happned to the bwo-s smash mout football  11 kids on the football,looks to us thats in the past OVER 400 yards maybe a long years,and no wo-s will  be fine tell thompson,gets 11 kids on the ball and stop standing around ,just watch the films.you can bet your bottom doller the nederland coaching staff is all smiles today

Guest ECBucFan

Way too much emphasis put on scrimmages.

Vidor hasn't been to the playoffs since 2000. I am not ready to crown them district champs by outscoring a 3A team in a scrimmage.

Now thats an odd statement. After all the high profile accolades, all of a sudden THE WOS Mustangs are "just a 3A team" ? Wow.

I do agree scrimmages sometimes have too much emphasis, though. I really, really hope Vidor does well, because, as mentioned, its been since 2000. Good job Vidor Pirates! Good luck this year.

I agree that there are no winners or losers in scrimmages.  And I am sure that WOS will be very good again this year regardless of last night. 

But for all of us Pirate Fans that remember how long it has been since Vidor won district (1978), you can literally just feel the hopes of the Fan Base starting to grow.  I appreciate how many out-of-towners seem to be genuinely wishing us the best (unless we are playing you).  It has been a long time, and for my kids sake, I hope this is the year.  I have too "future" Friday night Pirates that could use a little hope that Vidor can win in football.

Good Luck to all the local teams this year.

Love to see the woodwork fans!

Anyhow, do you think WO-S or Vidor prepared for each other during the week? LOL...come on guys...get real

I hope you aren't referring to me.

I never said anything about a district championship.All I said was I like our chances. If we would have got beat 28 to 0. People like you would be saying "I told you so 'Vidor isn't that good". But since it was a good showing by Vidor you and your brother make excuses. I have heard everything from we didnt play starters ,to we had 3 out, and by the end of game it was turned into 5 starters out.. So when yall get a final number who was out then let us know.

Go back and read my post and no where at all did I say we would win it all.I do think this is a Vidor team that could do well in district, but it will be tough. If you where there at the scrimmage and you had any football knowledge at all ,you would say Vidor and WOS are two pretty good teams. But of course that's asking alot of some people ,they would rather make excuses about starters,and sophmore running backs.

Good luck to WOS and good luck to the Pirates.

By the way WO-S didn't prepare for Vidor's Offense this week, they never prepare for a scrimmage! They are working on Nederland, and have been.

::)

anyway hope all 15  (or was it 16? I am sure it will change anyway)starters that were out for WOS are healthy for Nederland and good luck to the mustangs.. They will be fine..

The Pirates apparently will have alot of naysayers and that's understandable..

Go Pirates!

well all i can say is it looks like dave campbell might have know something i am a vidor alumi and played on the team to last make the playoffs in 2000 i did not see this coming i live right next door to our cb trae hester and i never heard anything that sounded like we would be this good this year, but after talk to matthews and see the first two scrimmages i am really lookin forward to a good year of vidor pirates smash mouth football and we should at worst make the playoffs, and look out kelly i dont think yall with have enough room to fit all the fans next friday night i havent seen so many vidor fans at a preseason game since my senior year when we played lincon in a scrimmage and they were ranked and we beat them we had a big following that year so lets get it on vidor pirates #1

Anyhow, do you think WO-S or Vidor prepared for each other during the week? LOL...come on guys...get real

what was there to prepare for on wos part. they knew vidor was gonna run the ball every time and they did. they just got outphysicalled. yeah...i made that up.

it wont matter if we win all season, these same people will say its a down year for our district. as far as scrimmages go, as far as win or lose i agree it shouldnt matter about win, lose, but it sure seems to matter to the kids on the field and the coaches on the sidelines......

Nice showing in a scrimmage.  Shows that you can have success against athletic teams.  Pay no attention to the haters.  It don't matter what they say.  The goal should be playoffs.  When you get to the playoffs, you can start to slowly silence the critics.  This is where true respect will come into play...

Nice showing in a scrimmage.  Shows that you can have success against athletic teams.  Pay no attention to the haters.  It don't matter what they say.  The goal should be playoffs.  When you get to the playoffs, you can start to slowly silence the critics.  This is where true respect will come into play...

Nice comment!! Karma deserving!

what was there to prepare for on wos part. they knew vidor was gonna run the ball every time and they did. they just got outphysicalled. yeah...i made that up.

;)

By the way WO-S didn't prepare for Vidor's Offense this week, they never prepare for a scrimmage! They are working on Nederland, and have been.

I was thinking the same.  It was said that Vidor was running the Wing T.  That is different than just running the ball like another poster said Vidor does.  Coach T would have had them prepared for the Wing T if this was a real game.  That being said, I'm glad Vidor "won".  All this team is hearing is how good they are and how they are going to make a state run this year.  Its a nice reality check to get "hit in the mouth" before the season starts and realize that there is a season ahead of them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83