HS Football/Steroid use

HCFBALL FAN

I was wondering how long it would be before I read the "If you have nothing to hide" stance.

Before your company drug tested you, you had to sign a release saying that you would willfully submit to random drug testing. Your signing was a waiver to your rights and you gave it no second thought as to the consequences at all. How can you say it is not a rights issue?

Maybe some night the cops will kick down your door saying, "Just checking!!!" Bet you'd be the first to ask them where is their warrant.

Guest GoStangs

I don't think it's a matter of hiding something; it's a matter of how people want to view/treat other people (or be viewed/treated by other people). The argument "if you have nothing to hide" certainly couldn't be used for police officers just coming to your house and looking through your bedroom closets anytime they want, and it's the same thing here -- people just don't want that kind of intrusion, especially when the majority of people will test negative for any illegal substance.

Guest GoStangs

I was wondering how long it would be before I read the "If you have nothing to hide" stance.

Before your company drug tested you' date=' you had to sign a release saying that you would willfully submit to random drug testing. Your signing was a waiver to your rights and you gave it no second thought as to the consequences at all. How can you say it is not a rights issue?

Maybe some night the cops will kick down your door saying, "Just checking!!!" Bet you'd be the first to ask them where is their warrant.[/quote']

Baddog, I don't think drug testing students in extracurricular activities is, by itself, a violation of civil rights simply because it's voluntary participation in extracurricular activities. If the law or school policy was that a student had to take random drug tests to participate in extracurricular activities, the onus is on the student at that point to determine whether he will go forward or not. It's akin to boarding an airplane -- nobody is making a person buy a ticket, but once they decide they wish to ride, they are subjected to various searches without reasonable suspicion or warrants.

I'm a give and take kinda guy. I can live with that assessment. Thanks for seeing my point. Some people have to be hit over the head with a 2x4 just to make them see the point.

Also, before anyone accuses me, I'm not paranoid. I simply try to see the big picture and protect my rights, after all, they're all I have.

I wish i could remember the name of the school district, i read about it on MSN.com, if you want to participate in any extra cirricular activities associated with or on school property you have to submit to drug testing, drama club, band, after school dances, etc... not just athletics, wonder how long it will be before the @#$%*%^! ACLU gets involved. :evil: :x

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder