Who Will Have The Best Defense In 20 4A?

Who Will Have The Best Defense In 20 4A?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Have The Best Defense In 20 4A?

• LC-M
    • PN-G
    • Nederland
    • Lumberton
    • Vidor
    • Central
    • Ozen
    • Livingston

Here is something you won't very often see in highschool, a spread offense and a defense that will come and hit you in the mouth.

If a coach likes to run around people with the spread offense, he's not a fan of contact.

And he won't have a hard hitting defense. That's why some of the best defenses in the area are teams that run the sweep, stretch, and 300 game. Not teams with 4-5 wide recievers on every play.

You can debate it all you want, but Nederland is perfect proof of my statement.

Ned had defense problems before we switched to the spread, (lost some good position coaches) so much for your proof.

someone is a little defensive  ;D

and you don't think the new coaches still have nothing to do with the lack of a good defense?

any position coaches have to do what the head coach wants, so it's not always them..

I don't think that it is that the HC that run the spread don't want contact versus the ones that run the power game. I think it has more to do with the fact that teams that run the spread pass more, which leads to more incompletions and less time off of the clock. A three and out in the spread could take less than 20 seconds of clock time. A three and out with a running team could take three minutes off of the clock. That means more time on the field for the "D" when your "O" runs the spread.

so you're saying that a spread offense makes for a bad defense because of T.O.P?

I don't think that's it. Most school's players only go one way, and if the do have some going both ways.. it's very few. I don't think that's it at all. The coach has to inforce a knock your block off mentality, and the coach can't do that when his offense never runs the ball. Yes I understand, most schools that run the spread have great athletes that are very fast, which is why they should throw the ball. But very few of those very fast guys are running around looking for contact. Those ones that do, go places. When the coach tries to finese his way down the field on offense, he won't have a powerful defense.

I know this is kind of a homer statement, but look at Lumberton. We will run you over on offense, and DEFENSE. It's a mentality there. You don't see that mentality with most schools that run the spread.

Answering your question, yes the current position coaches have something to do with our problems. The coaches that left had another level of intensity that spread to the players. And I agree with Badndn about the TOP with spread teams wearing out the D. It doesn't matter if you play one way if you are on the field all night. I saw several games, including the Lum game where the defense was pretty tight in the first half and just ran out of steam in the second. Especially in close games.

I heard that Nederland's Def coach doesn't get much of a say so in which players he chooses to play defense, he just has to work with the ones that he gets. All the good players get put on offense and leftovers play defense. I don't know if it is 100% correct but I have a pretty good resource.

like i said, position coaches do what the head coach says.

And I'm sure that when the offense goes 3 and out, it will make it tough on the defense.

But if you have players going only one way, you should have plenty of time to get prepped on the opposing teams offense so you can actually STOP them. It's up to the defense how long they are on the field once they get on the field, not the offense.

Here is something you won't very often see in highschool, a spread offense and a defense that will come and hit you in the mouth.

If a coach likes to run around people with the spread offense, he's not a fan of contact.

And he won't have a hard hitting defense. That's why some of the best defenses in the area are teams that run the sweep, stretch, and 300 game. Not teams with 4-5 wide recievers on every play.

dayton has been a spread team for years, they will hit you in the mouth.  One good thing is that lumberton will get to scrimmage dayton, wont be much of a problem since we are not a fan of contact.

dayton has been a spread team for years, they will hit you in the mouth.  One good thing is that lumberton will get to scrimmage dayton, wont be much of a problem since we are not a fan of contact.

Did I say anything about Dayton? And did I say all teams? No I said you won't see it very often.

Dayton played for the state championship last year. Of course they had a great defense, way to state the obvious texan

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I think it will be out of Lumberton & Vidor. I would add Central as the 3rd option but I'm unsure because of the amount of starters lost from that good D last year. I'm adding Vidor because of the amount of returning starters from a decent, bend but don't break, defense last year.

Why dont you think it will be Lumberton? I think they will be one of the best if not the best defense in the district.

DL you retun 2 starters and one guy who rotated in alot Sparks and Archer as starters and Richardson as the guy who played alot.

LB if Beard plays like he should then there wont be any problems there. He played last season at 205-200. right now he is up to 227 and still looks lean and is running as fast as he was last year. 3 possible guys will fill in the other 2 spots who look to be as good if not better than last year.

DB Sparks and Kieth are really good players and are both returning.

Central and Vidor should be in the top also.

vidors D will be just as good if not better than last year. they only lost one key player and that was the SS. and they have some good prospects coming in that can fill Devin Darts shoes. and i don't think anyone in district has 10 starters back on their Def. this year but vidor. and with the smash mouth offens they run their def. will be getting a lot of wrest because it will be hard to stop them with all those players coming back on the offense too. the o-line was decent last year but they will be great this season. they won't get pushed around like they all did as sophmores on varsity a couple of years ago. so IMO i think vidors Def. will me the best in District.

here is how i see it happening. vidors Def. holding the other team or causing a turnover and their offense running the ball down the Field for the TD.and that will be the 1st 10 minutes of the game. that how its going happen vidor gets the ball and takes controle of the clock.

It won't be Lumberton

Ned, i just hope you are a parent and not an offensive player, if by chance you are a player, when you guys come to Lumberton...........let's just say, ice it down and the swelling will eventually go away, because the hitting is gonna be hard hard hard.

are you a parent? because if you are why are you talking trash to highschool kids?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder