Should the High School Football Season Move to the Spring?

From Smoaky site

sShould the High School Football Season Move to the Spring and Baseball Move to the Fall?

The Football Trainers Association is advocating delaying the start of two-a-day practices until the second week of fall practice. Teams would go the 1st week once a day in shorts and two-a-days in shorts.

It is rumured many experts would like to see the season start date moved to the end os September insteadof the end of August. In order to do this teams would have to eliminate a few games per year. It really would only effect the teams that make long runs in the playoffs.

It is hot and in the years to come, it is onlly going to get much worse it's been said. One group has even suggested moving Football to the Spring and Baseball to the Fall. I'm not sure how well that would work out up North.

Also, what impact would moving the High School Season have on the players going to play in college? Should their seasom be moved too? Would the world stop if Football was not played in the fall?

The fear driving this is Football players are going to start suffering heat strokes and possible death at rates never seen before!

Remember, we live in a LIBERAL society today. What young men do now in the summer is a lot different from what they used to do.

Mommas and Daddy's don't want their poor child to suffer any. Play Stations and IPOD's and all the other junk these kids have now won't let them exercise. We are taking fried food out of Public school cafeterias because it is unhealthy and causes youngens to get fat.

Liberals will spend millions of taxpayers money to come up with a solution to our current problems. What these kids need is to get outside and exercise. Play ball, ride a bike with out a motor in it or just get outside in the heat!!!!

Remember, we live in a LIBERAL society today. What young men do now in the summer is a lot different from what they used to do.

Mommas and Daddy's don't want their poor child to suffer any. Play Stations and IPOD's and all the other junk these kids have now won't let them exercise. We are taking fried food out of Public school cafeterias because it is unhealthy and causes youngens to get fat.

Liberals will spend millions of taxpayers money to come up with a solution to our current problems. What these kids need is to get outside and exercise. Play ball, ride a bike with out a motor in it or just get outside in the heat!!!!

Couldnt have said it better! When I played, we always had summer baseball going on. When 2 a days came we were already aclimated. I remember hating staying inside during the summer. Well unless it was watching a movie with my gal. ;D

Yuma Criminals?  are you serious?! thats a mascot?  wth... ??? :o

I went to Yuma back in the early 80's to visit my brother who was stationed there. They have an old historical prison back from the old western days, the Yuma Territorial Prison. I think that is where they likely got their nickname.

Bottom line is that in today's society we have too many kids who are being raised in atmospheres that will not give them the tools later on in life to help them fight through adversity.

Kids are allowed to sit inside all day long, regardless of what time of year it is. I understand how kids in some situations in this recent heat wave may stay inside more. But they don't go out and take part in anything physical.

Case in point, we took my daughter to Lake Tejas a couple of weeks ago and there was this little boy who came with his parents who was probably about 5-6. My daughter is 9. This kid had fat rolls all over his body and was breathing hard climbing the stairs to the little baby slides like you would have in a swimming pool. Now my wife and I are both over weight and big people but we don't let our kid get that way and we are trying to lose weight for ourselves and her.

Today's parents are more concerned with material things for their kids instead of teaching them life lessons. I believe that the reason why we have kids who seemingly more often these days are falling out from heart conditions and other issues is that parents are feeding the kids crap at home, the kids don't get much exercise at the development years and so when they are old enough to play sports in school they are out of shape and then you throw in the liberal mindset of most the school district boards and it is a lose lose situation.

I actually heard a coach one day a few weeks back tell a group of men in our church that you can't coach the boys like we used to when we were their age because they can't take that kind of intensity so we have to modify our approaches. I say that I understand that times do change and you have to adapt but when schools change this way it is only hurting the kids in the long run.

Man did I wak up in a mood or what?!

Bottom line is that in today's society we have too many kids who are being raised in atmospheres that will not give them the tools later on in life to help them fight through adversity.

Kids are allowed to sit inside all day long, regardless of what time of year it is. I understand how kids in some situations in this recent heat wave may stay inside more. But they don't go out and take part in anything physical.

Case in point, we took my daughter to Lake Tejas a couple of weeks ago and there was this little boy who came with his parents who was probably about 5-6. My daughter is 9. This kid had fat rolls all over his body and was breathing hard climbing the stairs to the little baby slides like you would have in a swimming pool. Now my wife and I are both over weight and big people but we don't let our kid get that way and we are trying to lose weight for ourselves and her.

Today's parents are more concerned with material things for their kids instead of teaching them life lessons. I believe that the reason why we have kids who seemingly more often these days are falling out from heart conditions and other issues is that parents are feeding the kids crap at home, the kids don't get much exercise at the development years and so when they are old enough to play sports in school they are out of shape and then you throw in the liberal mindset of most the school district boards and it is a lose lose situation.

I actually heard a coach one day a few weeks back tell a group of men in our church that you can't coach the boys like we used to when we were their age because they can't take that kind of intensity so we have to modify our approaches. I say that I understand that times do change and you have to adapt but when schools change this way it is only hurting the kids in the long run.

Man did I wak up in a mood or what?!

I read this about two hours ago.  I cant hold it in any more!!!!! Its funny to me.. Did ya wake up in a mood to exercise in the heat!  ;D

No to spring ball.

I agree kids are softer today.  Whats the solution?  The need to let the schools practice two weeks earlyer......two weeks of slowly building their soft, A/C, body's up. 

WELL ALL YOU REPUBLICAN HATERS ARE OUT IN FORCE TODAY.  LETS JUST  LET  ALL THESE KIDS DIE. AS LONG AS WE DONT ABORT ANY OF THEM.  BESIDES  BUSH TOLD ME THAT THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING ANYWAY.  ITS JUST ONE OF THOSE CRAZY LIBERAL THINGS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline