Sosa Tested Positive For Steroids in '03

NEW YORK -- Sammy Sosa tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug in 2003, The New York Times reported Tuesday on its Web site, the latest in a string of baseball stars implicated in the sport's steroids scandal of the past decade.

The Times said Sosa is one of 104 players who tested positive in baseball's anonymous 2003 survey, which has been the subject of a protracted court fight. The paper did not identify the drug.

It cited lawyers with knowledge of the 2003 drug-testing results and reported they spoke on condition of anonymity because they did not want to publicly discuss material under court seal.

This is the hidden content, please

nope.

i doubt anyone will come near the 73 bonds hit, the 70 mcguire hit, or even the 66 sosa hit.

looks like that record will be tainted forever, and there is nothing anyone can do about it..

yup.  can you imagine ryan howard on steroids?  he might hit 100!

This is so NOT news. If anyone remembers when Sosa played for the Rangers ( the first time! ), he was a bean pole. When he hit 66 homers with the Cubs, he was so juiced his eyeballs had bulging muscles. Must be a slow sports news week.

Drunks and womanizers weren't mesing with the integrity of the game though.

Mickey Mantle playing drunk doesn't? Others played on speed, that doesn't?

Players are supposedly held on a pedestal so their character is a part of the honor of the game

Drunks and womanizers weren't mesing with the integrity of the game though.

Mickey Mantle playing drunk doesn't? Others played on speed, that doesn't?

Players are supposedly held on a pedestal so their character is a part of the honor of the game

I didn't say anything about speed.  And playing drunk would affect the integrity, but only for that one game.  It's not like Mantle spent three or four seasons drunk for every game.  And I don't see how that would enhance his performance.  The steroid users were enhancing their perfromance over the course of seasons.  Sosa, Bonds, Clemens (likely) all were using a substance to give them a competitive advantage over the pitcher.  If you can tell me how being intoxicated gives you a competitve advantage, I'm all ears.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder