SHETLAND AS TOURNAMENT

Starts this weekend.  Vidor is hosting.  Both Vidor teams are good with the first team winning the Battle of the Bridge last weekend in Breaux Bridge.  Lots of sticks on that team.

How many teams are entering?  Orange with 2?  TC with 2?  Groves?  PA?

TC A (1) kicks off the tournament against Groves A (Groves only has 1 team this year).

Vidor A (1) follows against Orange B (1) (Orange A went in the bracket as Orange 2).

The final game of the day is Orange A (2) vs. TC B (2) (second team). 

I will post results later. 

This thread is never going to make 12 pages at this rate.  Last year's thread was much more exciting.

Seriously, I am out of town and hoping to get updates here.  Please post scores as everyone knows them.

Well you dont have the entire fence crew together this year to stir it up like last year. Next years thread could get interesting again  ;D.. I can see you laughing know Hal.

Grant Boucher is still hanging around -- Groves beat ORG 1 (really ORG 2) today.

The next game was between TC1 and Vidor 1.  Great game and it came down to the final inning.  Vidor trailed the entire game but managed to hold TC to only 4 runs in the top of the 6th.  In their half of the 6th, Vidor, with 1 out, rallied to score 5 runs to win the game. 

The nightcap was between Vidor 2 and Org 2 (really Org 1).  Vidor 2 won 31-20 and advanced to play Vidor 1 on Tuesday. 

ORG 2 (really 1) will play Groves tomorrow night followed by TC1 v. TC2. 

Good luck to all the teams. 

Groves and Orange aren't playing until 7:45 Monday. 

Correct -- sorry about that.  TC 1 plays TC 2 at 6 PM and Groves and Orange play at 7:45. 

And yes, Rob, it was a great game yesterday.  Both teams are fantastic.  Orange has some big hitters too. 

TC 1 defeated TC 2 20-9.

Orange 1 defeated Groves 24-22 as Groves had the bases loaded with 2 out, down 2 runs, in the bottom of the 6th.  The MVP catcher of the Groves team lined out on a great play by the Orange SS.  Great game.

The Groves catcher (G.B.) stole the show again throughout the night, capping it off with a solid break dance routine to Crazy Frog.  I love that kid. 

So, Orange plays TC tomorrow night to advance in the bottom bracket while the two undefeated teams, Vidor 1 and 2, square off at 7:45.

Great Recap of Monday's Play. The little catcher from Groves is great entertainment.

If anyone has a say, please keep those two Monday Night umpires off the field until they get their vision checked and brush up on the rules of the game regarding tagging base runners and fielder interference at second base.

It was a good game but there would have been a few more HR's for Orange if they could have touched 2nd base without having to stop and stick a foot between the fielder's feet to make contact and head to 3rd.

There were a lot of bad calls in the late game that went both ways.  I am glad Orange came out with a win, they battled late in the game to get the outs needed to win.

Easiest way (not the fastest) is to exit Main St. in Vidor, turn RIGHT and continue over the RR tracks.  Take a LEFT immediately after the RR tracks (Old Hwy 90) and stay on that (going under I10) until parks appear on RIGHT.  The park we are playing in is the very last one so it is best to take the first road AFTER the park and drive until you stop (at a stop sign).  Turn RIGHT and then you will turn RIGHT into the park. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder