Sabine Trout

Man, the trout fishing is pretty awesome right now.  Is anyone else catching??

I haven't gone but a few guys at work have gone and done very well. Other fish seem to be doing good also with lots of flounder and reds being caught.

YES we have in several places BUT the La jetties have been the best lately if you can get by the Sheephead and Macs. We're leaving in the morn to go a little deeper in La for some 'spots n dots' action in Venice, looking to get our moneys worth out of our La license....

YES we have in several places BUT the La jetties have been the best lately if you can get by the Sheephead and Macs. We're leaving in the morn to go a little deeper in La for some 'spots n dots' action in Venice, looking to get our moneys worth out of our La license....

how much is an LA license these days

I heard today that the bite is on the North end of the lake.  We went out this evening and there were about 8 boats in one general spot.  I caught 3 nice speck on a not so good evening to fish.  I am sure it will be very productive early in the morning.

And drop a line to the LA game wardens when it gets really crowded and let them make a run out there and watch how fast that you get most of the east jetties to yourself.

Two years ago I was fishing the east jetties with about 15 other boats, after the game wardens went boat to boat only two of us were left.  I have made 2 trips this week south of the causeway (both jetties and light house cove) and did well both trips.  I have been working tons of overtime and this was my first chance to get out since Nov 08.  I was shocked at the quality of fish we caught.  On Wednesday we had 15 over 3#'s.

over the last 3 weeks we have generally limited out everytime we went to lighthouse cove.  The Jetties have also been hot.  I will be fishing the North end as long as I can catch the same fish there.  I like being able to launch in Port Neches. Its like fishing in my backyard

We went to the Louisiana jetties this afternoon and absolutely tore the speck up. We were almost at the end of the Jetties in the blue water. It was an awesome evening.  No small fish caught at all.  I guess the biggest was about 25 inches.  We caught them on Chartruese Mirrodine XL Mirrolures.  The only bad part was that the waves were rolling... I got pretty sea sick but it was well worth it.

I've never gotten seasick and have been in some waves or rollers up to 10 feet. I don't think it matter how tough you are and only how your inner ear reacts to the motion. I have heard that it is awful if you ever get it and you wish they would just kick you overboard and get it over with.

I've never gotten seasick and have been in some waves or rollers up to 10 feet. I don't think it matter how tough you are and only how your inner ear reacts to the motion. I have heard that it is awful if you ever get it and you wish they would just kick you overboard and get it over with.

I agree. My brother said it was all in my head, and I was thinking yeah, my inner ear. 

I fished offshore for yrs and can say I have been SICK in almost flat seas, 1 thing I did learn was to tie your leaders before hitting the water so as to ALWAYS have some spares. I always told whoever went out with us "IF you get sick I'm sorry, we're not leaving, and if I get sick don't worry we're still not leaving till we get our fish"....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder