LC-M Athlete Tased After Altercation...Video

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure how trustworthy the news is. For all of you who are going by what it says on the news you should just forget it. For one there was no prior fight when all of this escalated into the cop fight.

Two, it did not take place in the cafeteria like the news said.

Three, the cop was not in the cafeteria when all of the hooping and hollering was happeneing like the news said.

Four, The cop was not breaking up a fight when then student "supposedly" hit him. The officer aggresively approached him, nowhere near any baseball player or fighting atmosphere unlike what the news and paper said.

I know im not one to be telling them how to do their jobs, but they need to get at least on the right track and get there facts straight.

Oh and btw, the student has no prior record or any criminal profile like many of you are accusing him for.

im not sure how trustworthy the news is. For all of you who are going by what it says on the news you should just forget it. For one there was no prior fight when all of this escalated into the cop fight.

Three, the cop was not in the cafeteria when all of the hooping and hollering was happeneing like the news said.

Four, The cop was not breaking up a fight when then student "supposedly" hit him. The officer aggresively approached him, nowhere near any baseball player or fighting atmosphere unlike what the news and paper said.

I know im not one to be telling them how to do their jobs, but they need to get at least on the right track and get there facts straight.

Oh and btw, the student has no prior record or any criminal profile like many of you are accusing him for.

So if the student is innocent how did the cop receive his injuries???

I don't know that anyone has said that this kid is "innocent"...I think that it's more about how things were escalated and handled.  If the kid hit the policeman, then there should be some repercussions for that, but if the cop jumped the gun and could have handled the situation a little differently and it is discovered, then he should also have some repercussions.  Trust me, I am all for people owning up to their mistakes, but I am all for everyone being held accountable.  And, yes, I realize that cops have a stressful job, but that is not an excuse to overreact (not saying that he did).  I am thankful that he did not have a firearm.

As for the post about this kid probably having a prior record...nice stereotyping there.  He is still a kid and if you don't know him then sometimes the correct thing to do is just not say some things at all.  How would you feel if this was your child? 

I, for one, can say that I am anxious to see or hear from a reliable source what is contained on the videotape. 

I don't know that anyone has said that this kid is "innocent"...I think that it's more about how things were escalated and handled.  If the kid hit the policeman, then there should be some repercussions for that, but if the cop jumped the gun and could have handled the situation a little differently and it is discovered, then he should also have some repercussions.  Trust me, I am all for people owning up to their mistakes, but I am all for everyone being held accountable.  And, yes, I realize that cops have a stressful job, but that is not an excuse to overreact (not saying that he did).  I am thankful that he did not have a firearm.

As for the post about this kid probably having a prior record...nice stereotyping there.  He is still a kid and if you don't know him then sometimes the correct thing to do is just not say some things at all.  How would you feel if this was your child? 

I, for one, can say that I am anxious to see or hear from a reliable source what is contained on the videotape. 

One thing for sure is the cop has injuries that he didnt inflict on himself... somebody caused them whether the cop jumped the gun or not he is an authority figure who should be respected. putting your hands on the law is a felony and should be dealt with as such.

Again, I did not say that the kid was "innocent" or that the "cop inflicted the injuries to himself"...I did not say that that the kid should not be dealt with, but hello...everyone is fallible, even cops.  I did not say that "the cop started it so the kid had the right to retaliate or anything else"...what I said is that if the cop could have handled the situation in a better way (which most of us don't know whether he could have or not)...then he should have to answer for that as well. 

The statement...whether he jumped the gun or not is not acceptable to me.  If you expect a kid (which I do) to handle himself in a better way than what he did, then I also expect that authoritative figure has that same capability.  Like I said, thank goodness he wasn't wearing a gun and mistakenly pulled it instead of the taser...but, what the heck...right?

Again, I did not say that the kid was "innocent" or that the "cop inflicted the injuries to himself"...I did not say that that the kid should not be dealt with, but hello...everyone is fallible, even cops.  I did not say that "the cop started it so the kid had the right to retaliate or anything else"...what I said is that if the cop could have handled the situation in a better way (which most of us don't know whether he could have or not)...then he should have to answer for that as well. 

The statement...whether he jumped the gun or not is not acceptable to me.  If you expect a kid (which I do) to handle himself in a better way than what he did, then I also expect that authoritative figure has that same capability.  Like I said, thank goodness he wasn't wearing a gun and mistakenly pulled it instead of the taser...but, what the heck...right?

i guess the bottom line is the cop was injured due to an assualt(which is a felony) and someone was tased during the altercation. there has to be some sense of respect for authority and the law... two wrongs dont make a right but in some minds they make things even.

also, what does this mean "but, what the heck...right?"

i guess the bottom line is the cop was injured due to an assualt(which is a felony) and someone was tased during the altercation. there has to be some sense of respect for authority and the law... two wrongs dont make a right but in some minds they make things even.

also, what does this mean "but, what the heck...right?"

It just kind of fits with the statement "whether he jumped the gun or not"...that's all.

In today's world we seem to over analyze everything. The cop reacted to I'm sure what he thought was a threat to the other kids. If he had not reacted and let the kid walk a few more steps, what if the kid attacked another student? Then we would be analyzing why he didn't react! We are going to make it so difficult to be a cop, that people will not want to do that job.

I don't know where you get your info number one, but it sounds like you are one of his good buddies.

Second several witness to the hole incident say their was an altercation in the locker room first and then the egging on buy others got him to go after him again in the cafeteria.  Which was witnessed by teachers and staff.

He then was stopped by the officer and he punched the officer in the side of the head and resisted the officer (this is against the law) the officer is trained to use whatever force is deemed needed to restrain him. He had the officer on the ground kicking and punching him.  Once the student resisted the officer all bets where off he broke the law and that the bottom line. If he had not done that he might not be in all the trouble he is now.

Guest jackbquick

Where did you guys see a quote stating that someone was profiling and that this kid had a prior record. I think some of you are trying to make more out of this than it really is. Show me that statement. 

i agree with jackbquick many of you dont know your facts and are juicing up the story to make it seem like this kid is a straight up criminal. i just think that the videos will put all this to rest.

I agree the kid overreacted due to egging from the other students but seriously he was walking away no fight had even occured. i have no clue why everyone is saying that the officer was breaking up the fight because nobody was even engaged. This all could have simply been avoided if the officer would have approached him in a mannerable fashion and not aggresively, esspecially when the cop had no clue what was going on. he was not in the cafeteria when all the yelling was going.

Im trying to be as polite as i can be, but many of you dont know your facts and need to just shutup.

And all of you accusing me of being a friend to him i am not. i havent hung out with him anywhere outside of school.

I just believe in standing up for what i know is right and i fully believe the cop was in the wrong here, so go ahead and tell me how wrong you think i am. But until you see the video tape you have no right

Guest ThisChris

Nikespeed has most of his facts right. Except that the cop was hit at one point. It was a punch to the jaw while Langley had him by the throat.  Any of you that have ever seen a fight will forgive him if he didn't quite catch that.  Unless you are juveniles yourselves the ones that are taunting him about being liberal, uneducated, and biased need to take a step back.  He's just a kid.  He watched something that was extremely traumatic.  I challenge all of you once the truth comes out to compare his story to the statement the Sheriff's department put out.  It is natural for you to doubt his version, because it is so different from what has been reported.  But since none of you have any of the facts, it might behoove you not to belittle him in the meantime.  That is unless you will be the first to apologize to him later if his version turns out to be at the very least an honest accounting of what he saw vs. a bald faced lie.  I have no idea though if this will be the last version of the story put out.  It's not big enough for the press to continue to follow I would guess, and regardless of the details of who did what when, the kid will probably get some kind of punishment and the majority of the people on this thread will then just accept that as proof that the initial version of the events were as they happened-despite what really did.

Nikespeed has most of his facts right. Except that the cop was hit at one point. It was a punch to the jaw while Langley had him by the throat.  Any of you that have ever seen a fight will forgive him if he didn't quite catch that.  Unless you are juveniles yourselves the ones that are taunting him about being liberal, uneducated, and biased need to take a step back.  He's just a kid.  He watched something that was extremely traumatic.  I challenge all of you once the truth comes out to compare his story to the statement the Sheriff's department put out.  It is natural for you to doubt his version, because it is so different from what has been reported.  But since none of you have any of the facts, it might behoove you not to belittle him in the meantime.  That is unless you will be the first to apologize to him later if his version turns out to be at the very least an honest accounting of what he saw vs. a bald faced lie.  I have no idea though if this will be the last version of the story put out.  It's not big enough for the press to continue to follow I would guess, and regardless of the details of who did what when, the kid will probably get some kind of punishment and the majority of the people on this thread will then just accept that as proof that the initial version of the events were as they happened-despite what really did.

If youve ever been in a fight I doubt you would find this extremely traumatic, But I'll agree with most of what you said.

i have been talking to others and they say to that he hit the cop and i do not doubt them. in the events i may have missed the punch. but i guarantee you he did not kick the cop or punch him repeatedly like they said on the news.

Thats what has been frustrating me is that theysay im one of his friends or im just a kid i dont know what im talking about. i know what i saw and im sticking too it. But seriously they dont have the story even close to how it happened. Im not saying that he didnt hit him , but the escalating events too the cop vs student fight are all wrong. that was the only "fight" that happened with the student accused

I reiterate my stance on eyewitness accounts. Some see a punch, some don't....very unreliable. The tapes are the only way to go, and they may not show everything. The only ones who know what really happened are the kid and the cop, and one of them is going to lie.

I reiterate my stance on eyewitness accounts. Some see a punch, some don't....very unreliable. The tapes are the only way to go, and they may not show everything. The only ones who know what really happened are the kid and the cop, and one of them is going to lie.

I can respect that comment

Good post

Very good post.

I agree the kid overreacted due to egging from the other students but seriously he was walking away no fight had even occured. ............................................. and i fully believe the cop was in the wrong here, so go ahead and tell me how wrong you think i am. But until you see the video tape you have no right

I have no clue what happened so I won't comment on the incident but will about laws and situations.

You say there was no fight but I don't see where that matters. The officer has the right to stop and detain someone involved in a disturbance or that may have been involved in a fight. With that right the officer can investigate what happened. Maybe nothing happened but that does not stop a police officer from lawfully investigating it assuming that he had enough information that a fight or other crime "may" have been committed or in other words, reasonable suspicion.

When an officer has the right of detention, it is not voluntary. In fact, walking away from an officer that has attempted to lawfully detain you can be the criminal offense of Evading Detention if the person is trying to keep the officer from stopping him. The officer can then lawfully use force if necessary. An officer grabbing onto a person that is walking from a lawful detention is probably going to be ruled as justified force.

The officer may have been rude or maybe the officer could have had more tact but that doesn't make what the officer did improper or illegal (assuming that is what happened). If an officer attempts a lawful detention by grabbing a person, that gives no right for the person to strike the officer. A person might not like being grabbed but the person should not be walking away "if" the officer told the person to stop or tried to detain him.

Did any of that happen? I have no idea. Just commenting on some aspects of the laws and what officers can lawfully do. When I see people commenting that the officer "had no right", I am wondering if they know what they are talking about.

Nikespeed has most of his facts right. Except that the cop was hit at one point. It was a punch to the jaw while Langley had him by the throat.  Any of you that have ever seen a fight will forgive him if he didn't quite catch that.  Unless you are juveniles yourselves the ones that are taunting him about being liberal, uneducated, and biased need to take a step back.  He's just a kid.  He watched something that was extremely traumatic.  I challenge all of you once the truth comes out to compare his story to the statement the Sheriff's department put out.  It is natural for you to doubt his version, because it is so different from what has been reported.  But since none of you have any of the facts, it might behoove you not to belittle him in the meantime.  That is unless you will be the first to apologize to him later if his version turns out to be at the very least an honest accounting of what he saw vs. a bald faced lie.  I have no idea though if this will be the last version of the story put out.  It's not big enough for the press to continue to follow I would guess, and regardless of the details of who did what when, the kid will probably get some kind of punishment and the majority of the people on this thread will then just accept that as proof that the initial version of the events were as they happened-despite what really did.i see what your getting at and i agree, but the thing is the cop gave no prior warning there was no word said before he grabbed the kid by his neck

Very good post.

I agree the kid overreacted due to egging from the other students but seriously he was walking away no fight had even occured. ............................................. and i fully believe the cop was in the wrong here, so go ahead and tell me how wrong you think i am. But until you see the video tape you have no right

I have no clue what happened so I won't comment on the incident but will about laws and situations.

You say there was no fight but I don't see where that matters. The officer has the right to stop and detain someone involved in a disturbance or that may have been involved in a fight. With that right the officer can investigate what happened. Maybe nothing happened but that does not stop a police officer from lawfully investigating it assuming that he had enough information that a fight or other crime "may" have been committed or in other words, reasonable suspicion.

When an officer has the right of detention, it is not voluntary. In fact, walking away from an officer that has attempted to lawfully detain you can be the criminal offense of Evading Detention if the person is trying to keep the officer from stopping him. The officer can then lawfully use force if necessary. An officer grabbing onto a person that is walking from a lawful detention is probably going to be ruled as justified force.

The officer may have been rude or maybe the officer could have had more tact but that doesn't make what the officer did improper or illegal (assuming that is what happened). If an officer attempts a lawful detention by grabbing a person, that gives no right for the person to strike the officer. A person might not like being grabbed but the person should not be walking away "if" the officer told the person to stop or tried to detain him.

Did any of that happen? I have no idea. Just commenting on some aspects of the laws and what officers can lawfully do. When I see people commenting that the officer "had no right", I am wondering if they know what they are talking about.

Very good post. Having a brother in law and several close friends that are officers I have talked to them and thay all confirm this if an officer tells you to stop and you don't then you have already commoted a criminal offense. When the student hit the officer he commited a felony and this will stay with him for the rest of his life.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83