**Mike Bickham Named New Jasper HC**

Congrats Jasper, ya'll got yourself a winner!! I've known Mike and his family for years and they are great people. Mike's dad is one of the winningest coaches in Texas high school football and has state championships and Mike is a proven winner as a head coach,and I believe he is headed on the same path. congrats Mike

setxguru - What say you? 

Is this the same coach that was fired from Carthage during there regular season in 2006??

He wasn't fired. He resigned from Carthage on December 12, 2006 per the link below, which is after that football season ended. It may have been forced (doesn't say in the small portion that mentions him), but please do your homework before you post a question inferring something that isn't true. He finished 7-3 that year and 14-8 in his two seasons there.

This is the hidden content, please

I've known Mike for many years and he will do a great job for Jasper. I also coached 25 years and several of those were at Jasper. I was part of some staffs that had really good teams at Jasper and elsewhere, and for Land95's information Ty Quick is as good of coach as you will find on any staff. He is a definite asset to any staff. Congratulations Mike, and good luck.

Charlie

I've known Mike for many years and he will do a great job for Jasper. I also coached 25 years and several of those were at Jasper. I was part of some staffs that had really good teams at Jasper and elsewhere, and for Land95's information Ty Quick is as good of coach as you will find on any staff. He is a definite asset to any staff. Congratulations Mike, and good luck.

Charlie

That may be true and i guess you now him better than i do but its time for a new offense change starting with Coach Quick that's just my opinion and from what i've seen on the field.

Charlie

That may be true and i guess you now him better than i do but its time for a new offense change starting with Coach Quick that's just my opinion and from what i've seen on the field.

Maybe not a change with Coach Quick just let's get away from the sperad just a little bit and go back to more of a power game. 

I know he is the guy that lead Tenaha to the State SemiFinals in his very 1st year to be a head coach after they were 0-10 and 1-9 the two years before he got there. He is also the guy that lead Brookshire Royal to the State Semifinals in his second year there losing to newton! He took Carthage to the 2nd round of the playoffs in his first year there as well and went 7-3 his second year there losing the starting QB in week six! Maybe, just maybe he has had a little something to do with carthages success too. Just my opinion!  ;)

Good Luck Bic - you deserve it and the kids in Jasper are gonna love it!

KD

Well, you have to ask yourself how the starting QB got hurt, they were up 50 in the second half against a really bad Center team and he was trying to pour it on. Then the wheels fell off that team. As far as the success of Carthage, they were successful for years under Sleepy Reynolds, and now have won a State title with Surratt. They went 14-8 under Bickham, hardly Carthage Bulldogs Success Numbers. Ask anybody in Carthage and they will tell you that they are very Happy that the Bickham days in Carthage are OVER. Sometimes you just have to walk in the valley before you Stand on the top of the Mountain!

Good Luck Jasper, you are going to need it.

Maybe Teneha and Brookshire had a different Mike Bickham than Carthage, if so, I hope for Jasper's sake that they get that one.

Charlie

Maybe not a change with Coach Quick just let's get away from the sperad just a little bit and go back to more of a power game. 

Since Bickham was offensive coordinator at Tyler, I would guess he will be pulling the offensive strings regardless who may have the title.  Maybe the biggest thing is just to get everybody on the same page.  Sounds like this coach can do that.

And I am not worried about what happened in Carthage.  Bickham has demonstrated he can win.  One bad stop along the way (if you could call it a bad stop) does not mean he does not deserve another shot at a head job.  I will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt.  In time, we will know which version we got.  I bet he works hard to give us the better version.  His career depends upon it.  He has more to lose than Jasper does in giving him the opportunity.

And I am not worried about what happened in Carthage.  Bickham has demonstrated he can win.  One bad stop along the way (if you could call it a bad stop) does not mean he does not deserve another shot at a head job.  I will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt.  In time, we will know which version we got.  I bet he works hard to give us the better version.  His career depends upon it.  He has more to lose than Jasper does in giving him the opportunity.

Great point! It'll be easier for Jasper to move on to another coach than it would for him to move on to another head coach position if he is not successful. We shall see!

John Tyler would not have made it into the playoffs if it were not for Bickham. He took the worst offense in John Tyler's history and turned it into a winning team. Jasper has one very talented H.C.  ;)

Good Luck! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder