Hardin to start Breaking ground on Turf In June/NEW PICS

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25

Will for sure get turf and will be ready for the first home game........Also will be getting baseball poles,parking lot for baseball and softball ETC....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If im not mistaking on the thread (Hardin to get turf) someone posted that they were gonna have the turf and the home/visitor sides change places.

Yes new stands will be installed on the visitors side and it will be the home side along with new concessions, bathrooms, scoreboards..the works.

This should have a major impact on the Hardin Football program, well Hardin athletics all together and I for one look forward to seeing this. I can not tell you how hard I laughed the first time I covered a Hardin Football game, no offense to anyone in Hardin, but I sat in that sweltering hot press bow on a bucket!

i agree. hardin's facilities have not been the greatest, but they have never been able to pass anything through the school board because they have not had a good enough program.  not after seeing a little improvement, hardin is able to get a little bit more money.  hardin is also getting a few more businesses in town. movin on up!! haha. got a donut shop and a tannin place. watch out liberty!! lol

Guest airitout123

I don't understand how Hardin or any other town with a similar tax base can justify the expense of turf.  Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great thing but it is hard for me to see how it is justified.

I don't understand how Hardin or any other town with a similar tax base can justify the expense of turf.  Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great thing but it is hard for me to see how it is justified.

well actually turf is cheaper over a long span of time which turf will last a long period of time if other schools would realize this than we will see a lot more setx schools getting turf

Whats happening is the Band has out grown the parking area, and when we move the stands this eliminates the football practice field so this leaves all junior high and high school to practice on the game field along with the band.  Interest rates are at an all time low and turf wars really brought the turf down.  Really will spruce the Hardin High School up and give those kids some pride in their facilities.  God knows anyone that used the restrooms at the old facilities know we need up grade.  We have a great Super running the school now along with a solid board.  Now we go from the worst to the best in facilities.  Basically the school is out of room and I believe this will aid all well including those PEE WEE players.

I know for a fact that there are not enough books to go around at Hardin, that Hardin has been rated unacceptable after the TAKS test for the last 3 years. Why don't they spend the money on text books and qualified teachers instead. Sure it is fine to have pride in your athletic program, but how about some pride in the academic programs as well. Hardin's football team has been to the playoffs, what maybe 6 times since the school opened in 1941, that is alot to be proud of.

Books? I didn't know you needed books to teach the TAKS test, thats all schools teach anymore anyways. Seriously though, this will definately spruce things up there, and the program has improved, but we do need the kids help also. It's easy to blame the teachers, the school, lack of materials, ect., but the kids have to want to learn and I think one of the biggest things Haynes has brought is just that. They want to play for him and know they have to pass to do it, and he makes sure they're on the ball.

well actually turf is cheaper over a long span of time which turf will last a long period of time if other schools would realize this than we will see a lot more setx schools getting turf

you are correct

I know for a fact that there are not enough books to go around at Hardin, that Hardin has been rated unacceptable after the TAKS test for the last 3 years. Why don't they spend the money on text books and qualified teachers instead. Sure it is fine to have pride in your athletic program, but how about some pride in the academic programs as well. Hardin's football team has been to the playoffs, what maybe 6 times since the school opened in 1941, that is alot to be proud of.

"... but we're talking about BOOKS. We're talking about BOOKS man. We're talking about BOOKS. We're talking about BOOKS. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about BOOKS. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about reading BOOKS right now. ... Hey I hear you, it's funny to me too, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about BOOKS man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about BOOKS ... How the heck can I make my teammates better by reading BOOKS? "

"... but we're talking about BOOKS. We're talking about BOOKS man. We're talking about BOOKS. We're talking about BOOKS. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about BOOKS. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about reading BOOKS right now. ... Hey I hear you, it's funny to me too, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about BOOKS man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about BOOKS ... How the heck can I make my teammates better by reading BOOKS? "

Thats funny stuff!  Theres always going to be haters when a sports team gets something nice.  Teachers talking about books, band talking about flutes, etc.  Congrats to Hardin on upgrading the facilities.  For you people who are complaining, you should have got off your a@# and voted against the bond. 

Actually a turf field has zero connection with text books.  The vast majority of text books are paid for by the state of Texas, not the school districts.  Not enough books to go around?  I highly doubt that.  Now towards the end of the year some may have been scattered though. 

Qualified teachers?  that one made me laugh a bit.  I would be willing to bet that all of Hardins teachers are certified in their area that they teach.  Hence, they are "qualified".  If Hardin has been rated unacceptable for the past 3 straight years then the school would have been taken over.

I've just never understood why some people want to bash when a district wants to upgrade their facilities. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder