Is jarvis Benard ready for the next level

Guest spinks

Time will tell.  Jarvis will get the opportunity to play at a JUCO or D2.  He will HAVE to play point gaurd on the next level as there are not 5'8 shooting gaurds in college.  IF and only IF he can develop his right hand more he will be a succesful point gaurd!

Time will tell.  Jarvis will get the opportunity to play at a JUCO or D2.  He will HAVE to play point gaurd on the next level as there are not 5'8 shooting gaurds in college.  IF and only IF he can develop his right hand more he will be a succesful point gaurd!

And he needs to get size he prolly only ways 145 pounds

Guest stevenash

The next level? D-1? D-2? D-3? NAIA? JUCO?

How about Hamshire Fannett AAU?

He probably wouldn't make the team in Hamshire :D

You are probably right.  Is Dennis Rodman still coaching that fine group of "gentlemen"?

he's better at the point anyways if you'd payed attention...

Duh! At 5'8" at the next level....duh!!

Guest spinks

he's better at the point anyways if you'd payed attention...

You could not be more wrong!  Jarvis was much better as a swing man catching the ball on the run and either being able to shoot or drive.  Jarvis was hampered at point gaurd due to his weak right hand.  In fact, if that right hand does not get better he won't play D1 ball at all.  I love Jarvis and he is a great scorer but you have to be able to use both hands the same way on the next level.

Guest aschrapps

Jarvis is a good player one of the best in the area but he is not ready for the D1 level. Look at players his size they either are a freak athletically like a Nate Robinson or are quicker than quick with the ball. At 5'8" he would be the player other teams attacked whenever he was on the court.

He is an amazing player! He knows how to take control of the game better than most players! I mean, sure, it would take him a few games to get used to the atmosphere with the fans, pressure, etc., but he would adapt. He would use his strong suits to his advantage, and play his heart out like he ALWAYS does!!!

Guest spinks

He is an amazing player! He knows how to take control of the game better than most players! I mean, sure, it would take him a few games to get used to the atmosphere with the fans, pressure, etc., but he would adapt. He would use his strong suits to his advantage, and play his heart out like he ALWAYS does!!!

No......I would be more interested to no why you say he will not get the opportunity if he is good enough?

Guest aschrapps

Your still not adressing the the issue of his size...not having a true position that he could play at the next level...like I said hes a great high school player. He would come nowhere near being able to take over a college game. i understand as a hj fan you want to see him succeed but that would probably come at the division 2 level and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Now that's a broad question.Everyone gets caught up in the "NEXT LEVEL".Fact is anything after high school is the next level.For some of us it was a pick up game on Thursday night at the "Y".For most of the really good local players it's a small D2 or D3 or possibly a JUCO.I'm a huge Jarvis Bernard fan but when you look at the D1 talent on the floor these days it is unreal.The size is the biggest difference in the teams because they can all flat out play.A lot of kids also struggle academically because of the time it takes away from your studies to play college ball.I certainly wish Jarvis well whatever he chooses to do,he's a good kid.

No......I would be more interested to no why you say he will not get the opportunity if he is good enough?

yea because D-1 Recruiters DONT recruit ppl who wont have playing time, you just contradicted yourself... good job..

Guest aschrapps

You need to read the whole thread he was asking a question about anoter persons comment

yea because D-1 Recruiters DONT recruit ppl who wont have playing time, you just contradicted yourself... good job..

Now that's a broad question.Everyone gets caught up in the "NEXT LEVEL".Fact is anything after high school is the next level.For some of us it was a pick up game on Thursday night at the "Y".For most of the really good local players it's a small D2 or D3 or possibly a JUCO.I'm a huge Jarvis Bernard fan but when you look at the D1 talent on the floor these days it is unreal.The size is the biggest difference in the teams because they can all flat out play.A lot of kids also struggle academically because of the time it takes away from your studies to play college ball.I certainly wish Jarvis well whatever he chooses to do,he's a good kid.

With your definition, the *next level* could be a step down for some players 8)

Guest stevenash

he will be a great mid major or low division 1 player

In other words, he would do great at Lamar Univ? Is Lamar after him?

If Lamar did not have an interest in Ryan Donahoe 2 years ago when he too, was 3-a player of the year, I cannot imagine they would have an interest in Benard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder