**LC-M vs Joshua Updates..7-2 LC-M Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

very competitive game. Both teams played well. Was a pleasure to get to call this one behind the plate.

And you did a good job.  Thank you, and all of the other umpires, for being there.  I though all of the umpires did a good job (and because LCM won!).

The coach at Joshua began coaching at LCM! This is the second year to play this game! It is very cool to give the kids an oppurtunity to play on a college field like A&M's. Some may never have the chance to play on one at all.Congrats to both coaches for giving the players the oppurtunity

Well, for starters, teams are allowed a certain number of games per year and this just happens to be one of the non-district ones on each teams' schedules.  Secondly, there's a history between the two teams for a number of reasons.  Joshua's HC Jason Bourgeois worked under Griff at LCM for a couple years before landing the job at Joshua.  Small world because Joshua is where Griff got his start as an assistant back in the early 90's.  They remain friends and therefore scheduled the game last year as well as this year.  Thirdly, how many high school teams can say they've had the opportunity to play at such a cool venue.  Olsen Field at A&M is a great experience for these kids.

I realize you weren't trying to be "smart" but your question could have been worded differently.  Such as, what's the history behind this game?  As opposed to making it sound like it was pointless.  JMO

It was a good game.  The weather was awesome and the field looked great.  Wish the rotation in our district would have allowed for the lefty to throw all game.  Think things would have ended up differently if so.

MrUmp-  How exactly were the umpires chosen for this one?  Just curious....think it would only be fair to bring a couple of our guys in the future.  We have some good ones.

Both of the coaches agreed on who to use after some discussion I was told. I feel very fortunate that I got to call the last two years. Tell Jason to stand his ground with Griff next year and make sure he gets two from your area. I know a few of the guys from the Fort Worth area and they are very good officials. My wife and I enjoy the trip and also getting to go to Mass this morning at the Campus church is a real treat. Being Palm Sunday was even a little more special. Super singing by the college kids. Have a great season and would love to see you in Roundrock second week of June.

Both of the coaches agreed on who to use after some discussion I was told. I feel very fortunate that I got to call the last two years. Tell Jason to stand his ground with Griff next year and make sure he gets two from your area. I know a few of the guys from the Fort Worth area and they are very good officials. My wife and I enjoy the trip and also getting to go to Mass this morning at the Campus church is a real treat. Being Palm Sunday was even a little more special. Super singing by the college kids. Have a great season and would love to see you in Roundrock second week of June.

I agree that's the fairest way to handle it.  I know at least one of the coaches feels that way.  Can't speak for the other....although the four umps on the field from SE Texas speaks volumes.  ;D 

You did a great job.  Thanks for participating in a great day of baseball.  I'm glad you and your wife were able to make a weekend out of it.  College Station is such an awesome place.

Well it was a great game and a fun experience. I hope these guys can keep it going for years to come it has been great for my last two years.

Ksagrl1, as far as the umpires go.  It was agreed to last year to use Beaumont so that Coach Bourgeois' dad could come call the game.  What a cool experience for that father and son. Probably this year it was just continued. Not sure why Mr. Bourgeois didn't make the trip this time.  I am sure that Caoch Bourgois and his family (especially since his dad has been a long time member) know the umpires here quit well and didn't seem to complain during the game.  Those guys in that game are about the best we have in our chapter.  I think Coach Bourgeois probably knows this and that is more likely why he agreed.

Well I certainly hope all goes well with his recovery and he is back on the diamond soon.  It is ashamed the fans from Joshua don't want to use "our" officials or he could call this game again next year.

Are you kidding me?  I simply stated that in all fairness  we should be allowed to bring a couple of our own.  Can you not see where that would be a fair request considering Bourgeois has been out of that area now for three years? 

And just so you know, Bourgeois had NO idea who the Ochoa guy was and only knew Tipton because he used to coach at LCM.   ::) 

There were no complaints made about any of the guys....I just feel in all fairness we should be allowed to bring a couple of our own.  And if Bourgeois' dad gets to call the game, you'll get no complaints out of me.  That would just be another opportunity for my children to see their GRANDFATHER.   :-*

Well I certainly hope all goes well with his recovery and he is back on the diamond soon.  It is ashamed the fans from Joshua don't want to use "our" officials or he could call this game again next year.

I think you got the wrong idea here. There is nothing demeaning or insulting to me or my chapter about Joshua wanting to use some of their officials also. Geez both sides were totally professional , players, coaches and fans

Are you kidding me?  I simply stated that in all fairness  we should be allowed to bring a couple of our own.  Can you not see where that would be a fair request considering Bourgeois has been out of that area now for three years? 

And just so you know, Bourgeois had NO idea who the Ochoa guy was and only knew Tipton because he used to coach at LCM.   ::) 

There were no complaints made about any of the guys....I just feel in all fairness we should be allowed to bring a couple of our own.  And if Bourgeois' dad gets to call the game, you'll get no complaints out of me.  That would just be another opportunity for my children to see their GRANDFATHER.   :-*

You tell'em Coach, or should I say ex-coach.

ksagirl,

Let me apologize for being rude.  Didn't realize I was talking to the coach's wife.  I would have used a different tone.  I was just sticking up for the officials who were there.  I didn't see anything unfair happen during the game, and didn't want people who didn't make the trip to college station to get the wrong impression.

It was a good game.  The weather was awesome and the field looked great.  Wish the rotation in our district would have allowed for the lefty to throw all game.  Think things would have ended up differently if so.

Just as a reminder our lefty didn't throw at all and not to be rude but we scored 4 off of the lefty in 2 innings (or 1 2/3 can't remember for sure) of work.  Not that we would have scored any more than that.  He is without a doubt the best we have seen this year, and you guys should do well in the playoffs with him.

Looks like a game set up between friends to allow the kids the experience of playing in a great setting is heading down the wrong road fast by some people. LCM didn't throw it's big lefty at all, so they could make the same case you are making, but most people see this game for what it really is. It would be a shame for the kids to lose this experience over something like this. By the way I am sure LCM would play ya'll in Joshua with your lefty on the mound,with four of your umps. This is a program that has played over the years some of the best programs in the state,and face some great programs in it's district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho