best pitcher in south east texas

Guest beat-em_deep

Matt Hicks. Nate S. from West Brook would have been a close 2nd before the arm injury. Kirby Bellow is also in the discussion, imagine what he could do if he wasn't throwing a few hundred passes a day in spring football.

Yea! that has to be tiring

Well children I've seen Hicks, Bellow, and Svoboda all throw and all are very talented players. But hands down Svoboda was the better of the three. He's 6'3" 160 lbs and was hitting the low 90's consistently before the surgery......and the kids not just a thrower either, he's a pitcher thats spots up and has a wicked slurve with a very nice change up. Well enough about the only draft pick that will coming out of setx this year.......lets here what you 3a homers have to say about how much better hicks is...i know its coming.

Well children I've seen Hicks, Bellow, and Svoboda all throw and all are very talented players. But hands down Svoboda was the better of the three. He's 6'3" 160 lbs and was hitting the low 90's consistently before the surgery......and the kids not just a thrower either, he's a pitcher thats spots up and has a wicked slurve with a very nice change up. Well enough about the only draft pick that will coming out of setx this year.......lets here what you 3a homers have to say about how much better hicks is...i know its coming.

Well I for 1 think you should change your name here....

Statistics at this point are meaningless. I am 49 years old and there are some teams out there that even I would look good against--ok maybe that is stretching it a little but the point is that without a very close analysis it is just a shot in the dark IMO

Stats usually in baseball are everything to a lot of people.

I understand completely but w/o analyzing them they can be twisted to mean anything--for instance a shutout, no-hitter, perfect game, or even a win is not the same thing if you are pitching against ozan or against png--the same is true if your defense is great or pathetic and so on ....

so at this point it is meaningless until a full picture can be viewed later in the season

I've seen alot of baseball this year from all teams and I would say that Hicks has been the most dominate. He hasn't had the run support, so almost every game he has to pitch is with a 1 or 2 run lead, which is completely different with a 5 run lead.

I seen Hicks and Svoboda both pitch against LCM, Hicks won that battle.

Sorry Bears fans and players but when a player no-hits LC-M with 16 Ks and only had two baserunners, something special is going on.

I'm with admin, Hicks is the most dominant.

There are others though in our area that are great HS pitchers. Whitson, Statum, Brown, Bellow, Spikes, Hester, Waddell...I know I'm missing some. If you play ball in SE Texas, you better learn to manufacture runs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn