what makes a bad and a good coach??

Guest DickVitale

Whenever one researches history, you will begin to find many of the common thinkers tried to decimate men like DV whenever people like DV tried to speak the truth and seek justice in a hostile environment. 8)

Let the church say, Amen..... ;)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever one researches history, you will begin to find many of the common thinkers tried to decimate men like DV whenever people like DV tried to speak the truth and seek justice in a hostile environment. 8)

Yeah, I saw Bill Cosby try to tell "the truth" and he was widely criticized by those "common thinkers"

Yeah, I saw Bill Cosby try to tell "the truth" and he was widely criticized by those "common thinkers"

Well at least you're beginning to place Bill Cosby with good people like DV ;)

Guest DickVitale

Well at least you're beginning to place Bill Cosby with good people like DV ;)

That comment is much appreciated, Dove... ;) Telling it like it is AINT EASY!! :D

Good coaches CAN make a HUGE difference, especially in big games. I also concur that the opposite can very well happen too. Todd Sutherland is a very good coach. He has proven that he can win big games and has done it at East Chambers, Kountze and HJ.  He prepares his teams well and I am certain that his assistants are gaining valuable knowledge through working beside him. I respect him as a person and as a coach.

One thing I've noticed about Southerland and other good coaches is the ability to make the proper adjustments the second half of the game(example,this year reg. finals).....I'm sure this kind of thing comes with years of experience... even the best sometimes blow it.....had a very successful coach tell me once after a loss that he just got out coached by a rookie...lol

Guest DickVitale

Believe or not, no-look, that DOES happen....My father once told me that the older you get, the better assistants you must have in order to maintain your program...Not that they lose it, but this game evolves very quickly and if you dont adjust to change well, it might just pass you by.. ;)

Guest stevenash

Good coaches CAN make a HUGE difference, especially in big games. I also concur that the opposite can very well happen too. Todd Sutherland is a very good coach. He has proven that he can win big games and has done it at East Chambers, Kountze and HJ.  He prepares his teams well and I am certain that his assistants are gaining valuable knowledge through working beside him. I respect him as a person and as a coach.

One thing I've noticed about Southerland and other good coaches is the ability to make the proper adjustments the second half of the game(example,this year reg. finals).....I'm sure this kind of thing comes with years of experience... even the best sometimes blow it.....had a very successful coach tell me once after a loss that he just got out coached by a rookie...lol

Nolook, I would be curious to know if this loss that was incurred by that successful coach you knew took place in spite of the presence of the Gestapo.  Am also wondering if that coach was old enough that he lacked sufficient familiarity with todays technology.

Guest DickVitale

What? Nash, you're gay......

Nolook, I would be curious to know if this loss that was incurred by that successful coach you knew took place in spite of the presence of the Gestapo.  Am also wondering if that coach was old enough that he lacked sufficient familiarity with todays technology.

Guest stevenash

Dick- Trust me you do not understand that conversation that I am having with no-look.  However, I have noticed how many times you have brought up the "gay" word.  Would that mean you have expertise in that area?

Guest DickVitale

Dick- Trust me you do not understand that conversation that I am having with no-look.  However, I have noticed how many times you have brought up the "gay" word.  Would that mean you have expertise in that area?

No it means that the poster known as stevenash is.......gay.....However if the post was meant for no-look I retract that statement....I am so used to you making off cuff remarks about ANYTHING that I say, maybe I was a bit quick to shoot back....If its not for me, I retract... 8)

Guest stevenash

No it means that the poster known as stevenash is.......gay.....However if the post was meant for no-look I retract that statement....I am so used to you making off cuff remarks about ANYTHING that I say, maybe I was a bit quick to shoot back....If its not for me, I retract... 8)

I would love for you to show me what was spoken in this thread that had the SLIGHTEST possibility of pertaining to you.

He was a relic....he didn't know how to adjust to the rims being tilted at J-town......much less advanced technology that you,err I mean we have today........ ;D

Guest stevenash

He was a relic....he didn't know how to adjust to the rims being tilted at J-town......much less advanced technology that you,err I mean we have today........ ;D

Could you possibly be referring to the gentleman who, when stomping the floor(frequently, I might add), made a louder noise than the drummer in the band?  Sure would like to have seen the soles of his shoes after a game.

Best coach in the area, Brian English. Takes a Vidor team who never wins and makes the playoffs. Leaves and goes to Nederland and takes them to the playoffs for the first time in how many years. That is a great coach.  Sutherland wins at Kountze, they won before he got there and are still winning. Goes to HJ and wins. They were winning beofre he got there. I imagine they would still be winning if he left. Kountze won a title before and after he was there. HJ won a title before he got there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder