what makes a bad and a good coach??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd Sutherland makes a good coach.  He is high school's verison of Duke's Coach K.  Take what Sutherland does, insert multiple layers of passion, mix in a 55-gallon drum of discipline, and poof...average players turn into winners.  He does it year in and year out. 

Someone is not going to llike your post in spite of its accuracy.

Coach K!!!??? Coach K??? You have got to be kidding... ::) ::) HJ people are so naive and blind....Coach K???? I am laughing uncontrollably! :D :D 8)

for once i agree with Vitale...lol

Guest DickVitale

DV I think he was just using it as a figure of speech!!!!!  I think that he was referring to taking unathletic white boys to the peak of their district, region and state.  I doubt that he would consider the two the same on a career level.  Duke vs. HJ........there is a difference!! ;) ;) ;)

WHAT? Jarvis Bernard, Trey Burrell and Jakoby Turner are FAR from unathletic white boys!!!! Try again.... ::) ::)

HJ and everyone else knew that they had those three...................however most said at the beginning of the year that they had no depth and nobody to help the "big 3"!!!!!!!!  Todd and Co. took a group of kids that are as athletic as I am and turned them into Regional Champs and State Semi-Finalist!!!!!!!

PS...............most know how athletic I am!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D  5'10 and 280 is not very athletic!!! ;) ;)

Guest DickVitale

Thank goodness for Cheek and China, right?  Even though two are from Nome and one from Sour Lake.

They should build a high school in Nome!! The Nome Hawk Killers!!! :D :D

Guest nostradamus

There you go again........implying that HJ's basketball success rests solely on the gene pool lying in Cheek, China, and Nome.  One might infer that as a racist statement you know?

Guest DickVitale

There you go again........implying that HJ's basketball success rests solely on the gene pool lying in Cheek, China, and Nome.  One might infer that as a racist statement you know?

HUH? Are there no white kids in those places or something? That wasn't my point, but since YOU brought it up..... ::) ::)....How many came from those places in your last three classes?  ::) I don't care WHAT color they are, without those kids, the results would have probably been quite different during that span. QUITE. No one pulls kids away from HJ-ISD, like it happens in BISD... ::)...Now does it? HJ gets EVERY kid from those areas, now don't they? What if two other schools were pulling from YOU? QUITE different. ::)

Hey Nos on the 1991 State Championship team how many were from Nome, China, Cheek, etc.???????

But 16 years later.............how many ya got?

Why is it always turned around to be a Ozen thing.  It is called Hardin-Jefferson and it's school district is Sour Lake, China, Nome, Cheek and surrounding communities.  Who cares if someone is trying to pull players.  If Ozen is the be all school that you make it out to be then you should not have to worry about someone pulling players to go to WB or Central.

Guest nostradamus

No, no, no.....there are white kids in those areas.  However, who was the one that mentioned three specific players and claimed they were from China and Cheek (in a past post).  Last three classes??  Not near as many as you think. 

No one pulls kids away from HJ-ISD, like it happens in BISD... Roll Eyes...Now does it? HJ gets EVERY kid from those areas, now don't they? What if two other schools were pulling from YOU? QUITE different. Roll Eyes

This is very confusing to me and not quite clear on what you are getting at??

But 16 years later.............how many ya got?

3 from Nome, 6 from Pinewood, 2 from Sour Lake, 4 from China, and 3 from Cheek off of this year's playoff roster

Guest DickVitale

That was NEVER an issue for Ozen...NEVER, and believe it or not we lost more kids than BOTH schools...."Build it (program) and they will come". I was just making a point. Nos knows what I am talking about.  I was playing what IF....If HJ did not get ALL of the area kids...Silsbee doesn't...They lose kids to Kountze all the time and vice versa, for example...Its no ones fault...Just bringing up the point. HJ gets ALL OF THE AREA KIDS, unlike many schools in the surrounding areas...Is that not true?

Guest nostradamus

It is true.......we don't lose a TON of kids BUT per capita we lose just as many as other schools.  While our district is very very large in terms of square mileage we are obviously not drawing from a ton of kids as evidenced by our enrollment.  Our district is very spread out. 

Guest spinks

That was NEVER an issue for Ozen...NEVER, and believe it or not we lost more kids than BOTH schools...."Build it (program) and they will come". I was just making a point. Nos knows what I am talking about.  I was playing what IF....If HJ did not get ALL of the area kids...Silsbee doesn't...They lose kids to Kountze all the time and vice versa, for example...Its no ones fault...Just bringing up the point. HJ gets ALL OF THE AREA KIDS, unlike many schools in the surrounding areas...Is that not true?

I would love to know what kids of any basketball substance have left kountze or silsbee?

Actually HJ lost who in my opinion would have been their starting PG this season to Liberty.  Guillory was Liberty's best player and if he had been at HJ still then it would have put Gus at backing Guillory up and Guillory gives you more speed, experience and better shooting.  It goes both ways!!!!!!!  When was the lsat time that HJ had a move in that helped their team????

I would love to know what kids of any basketball substance have left kountze or silsbee?

Just one that I can remember...................heavy set player about 6-7 years ago............Chris something I think.  He was good though!!!!!

Guest spinks

Just one that I can remember...................heavy set player about 6-7 years ago............Chris something I think.  He was good though!!!!!

Chris Miller.  You are correct.  That is the only one. 

Actually HJ lost who in my opinion would have been their starting PG this season to Liberty.  Guillory was Liberty's best player and if he had been at HJ still then it would have put Gus at backing Guillory up and Guillory gives you more speed, experience and better shooting.  It goes both ways!!!!!!!  When was the lsat time that HJ had a move in that helped their team????

Wait i thought that jarvis played for liberty at 1 point before going to HJ and i thought Durly (Woo) moved there to???

Guest nostradamus

Nope, Jarvis never played for Liberty.

Woo started at HJ-moved to WB for a year because of family issues-and came back as soon as he could

Guest stevenash

gotcha!! stevenash took the bait!!  :D :D

Yes, absolutely amazing.  Dick Vitale "plays me like a fiddle, whenever he wants to".  But then again, isn't that what one would expect when a big city guy is manipulating a country bumpkin who has not seen enough of this world?

gotcha!! stevenash took the bait!!  :D :D

Yes, absolutely amazing.  Dick Vitale "plays me like a fiddle, whenever he wants to".  But then again, isn't that what one would expect when a big city guy is manipulating a country bumpkin who has not seen enough of this world?

HAHA

You do the same thing DV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of your post pertain how weak 3A and 2A are and the teams in it and Ozen being the staple of 4A and being a premiere program in the state!!!!!

You talk about how pathetic LU and the SLC is and how great your piss ant JUCO league is.

You degrade coaches who have a proven track record of success.......let's compare your resume to the coaches that you so frequently degrade.  I know for a fact that there is no comparison and that you do it as pure spite because you are jealous of the coaches and teams that you put down on a regular basis!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01