what makes a bad and a good coach??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenash

Can of worms just opened up! 8)

According to wisdom spouted on this board, a good coach must have a background in either 4-a or 5-a basketball.  And, of course, it would be helpful if their previous experience has not been gained in a "weak region".  Otherwise, they don't know very much and are not sufficiently worldly.

Guest stevenash

this guy...No one responds to him, yet he keeps posting THE SAME STATEMENTS... ::)

I'm merely posting some of the valuable information I have gained from others on this board.  This is a great place to learn for those of us who are relatively isolated.

Todd Sutherland makes a good coach.  He is high school's verison of Duke's Coach K.  Take what Sutherland does, insert multiple layers of passion, mix in a 55-gallon drum of discipline, and poof...average players turn into winners.  He does it year in and year out. 

Guest stevenash

Todd Sutherland makes a good coach.  He is high school's verison of Duke's Coach K.  Take what Sutherland does, insert multiple layers of passion, mix in a 55-gallon drum of discipline, and poof...average players turn into winners.  He does it year in and year out. 

Someone is not going to llike your post in spite of its accuracy.

Guest DickVitale

Coach K!!!??? Coach K??? You have got to be kidding... ::) ::) HJ people are so naive and blind....Coach K???? I am laughing uncontrollably! :D :D 8)

Guest DickVitale

And just who would Boutte be the College version of?????  John Wooden???  Except for the race of course!!! :D :D :D :D :D

No, he would be.....ANDRE BOUTTE! How could you compare a LEGEND like Coach K to Todd Sutherland?? Good coach, but come on man!!! Coach K?  Nope. You really think he is comparable to Coach K? No way dude....Small fish in a smaller pond...Real good coach, though...SE Texas.... ::) ::)

Guest DickVitale

DV at what point will you give Todd and HJ the respect that he and the team has earned????  Maybe one day you will be fortunate enough to coach "under" him!!!!!

I already coached under two of the state's best in higher classifications.... 8)

Guest DickVitale

naw, that's just little ol' 2A hick ball

took the words right outta my mouth.... ::)...How did the topic get twisted to this, yet again? It was about coaches, not classifications and "hick ball"...geez ::)

DV I think he was just using it as a figure of speech!!!!!  I think that he was referring to taking unathletic white boys to the peak of their district, region and state.  I doubt that he would consider the two the same on a career level.  Duke vs. HJ........there is a difference!! ;) ;) ;)

Guest stevenash

Coach K!!!??? Coach K??? You have got to be kidding... ::) ::) HJ people are so naive and blind....Coach K???? I am laughing uncontrollably! :D :D 8)

Hmmm - now there is an interesting perspective.  Anyone ever hear of anything like this before?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder