‘Dogs begin spring football today

Can you prove this?  Otherwise the talking points are rip-snorting for sure.  I like this one better:  Let the ILLUSION continue.  Or regurgitation of the kool-aid.  ;D  ;D  ;D

No way, that can't be possible, you must be snorting the talking points too...... This whole line of thinking of completely ridiculous.  Neumann had Spring practices planned before the Press conference created an opening.  Somebody said it best... let the DILUSION continue.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the record, taxpayers in Nederland spent $0 on the Bulldog Stadium scoreboard.

Yes, I know.  I was speaking in  about taxpayers in general and also specifically about PNG taxpayers, especially since they don't have a good history with bonds.

thanks, bigdog...just wanted to be certain the record was straight on that...it seems to be a common misconception around town that taxpayer money was used to pay for Nederland's scoreboard when it was not.

For the record the PNG scoreboard and video board cost the taxpayers of PN and G 0$ as well. Same setup as Nederland, sponsors!

i think that the scoreboard issue is the same in both areas for sure why wouldnt it be but as far as the spring practices are concerned i have my oppinion on that and mine is that faircloth stated that we may not have the best team in the area but nobodys gonna out work his team and thats  why nederland decided to have spring football . now thats my story and im sticking to it. you see we get complacent when we are in the same position in the same atmosphere for awhile and it takes something new to come along that makes us have to change so this is good for both communities trust me and will make mcm all the better . besides that ive seen some hittin going on in nederland that few have witnessed in years if you dont believe me go watch first hand you wont be disappointed i promise !!

Guest Brubaker

For every 100k worth of house you have if you live in Nederland, the bond will cost you $490 in taxes. I think it will be a hard sell.

The cost of a Big Gulp per day... just need to have your priorities in order, I'm sold.  Especially based on what we're getting.

For every 100k worth of house you have if you live in Nederland, the bond will cost you $490 in taxes. I think it will be a hard sell.

The cost of a Big Gulp per day... just need to have your priorities in order, I'm sold.  Especially based on what we're getting.

Nothing wrong with a bond to better you school district. Just do your homework and do it right the first time. Sometimes it best to sit back and learn from someones else's mistakes so you can get it right on the first go round. I am happy with our improvements done and being done. Its just that you know the saying, hind sight is 20/20. On any project you can always look back and see where you could have done it better. Best of luck if it is what ya'll vote to do.

Now back to the original topic, how is the spring training?

I will venture off topic about the bond one last time, but the bond truly is an investment in our community...anyone who thinks the quality of schools is not directly related to the long term economy of the community is mistaken...if we continue to let our schools age and deteriorate, our community will do the same...at that point, property values will drop.

I'm glad someone understands.  ;D  ;D

I see where you are coming from, Smitty.  Its ironic, that PNG got a GREAT HC, OC, and DC this year and he implemented Spring training for the Indians.  And, then, Nederland decided to do this as well.  I think the posters can "read" into this as they wish.  And, since this IS a public opinion forum, no one should try to dictate the opinion of others.

PNG.............Honor..........Pride.............Tradition..............."Priceless!"

and thats not true coach told us that we would be having spring training sense around the second week after the playoffs were done

Guest Brubaker

There you have it Smitty, no more talking points, no more kool-aid... well cept for you.  I was waiting for one of the kids sitting in that lockerroom to respond with the FACTS.  I've heard talk of spring football in Nederland way back around Thanksgiving, now we have it from someone on the inside.  Please let it rest.

I see where you are coming from, Smitty.  Its ironic, that PNG got a GREAT HC, OC, and DC this year and he implemented Spring training for the Indians.  And, then, Nederland decided to do this as well.  I think the posters can "read" into this as they wish.  And, since this IS a public opinion forum, no one should try to dictate the opinion of others.

PNG.............Honor..........Pride.............Tradition..............."Priceless!"

If you follow this rationale (which I do not), then I guess the only reason PNG is getting a booster club is because Nederland has one.

p.s.  my dad can beat your dad up. :);)

Kids are cute.  They can be persuaded to say anything, if this is a kid.  Drinking too much kool-aid makes one do strange things -- as the drinking of the kool-aid suggest, if you know what I mean.

There you have it Smitty, no more talking points, no more kool-aid... well cept for you.  I was waiting for one of the kids sitting in that lockerroom to respond with the FACTS.  I've heard talk of spring football in Nederland way back around Thanksgiving, now we have it from someone on the inside.  Please let it rest.

Guest Brubaker

Smitty, who's on the talking points now... HEY KOOLAID!!!  You wearing a giant solid red shirt?  Look, the FACT that you don't want to acknowledge the truth about Spring football in Nederland, doesn't change the facts... a point you are having a very hard time with.  Nederland has some big time players comin, I know that disappoints you.

Solid red shirt?  Interesting!  Trust me, the talking points and kool-aid I'm talking about I'll never do.  But forcing a kid to regurgitate talking points is rather interesting.  Again, the truth is Ned's NEVER done it before and PN-G gets a new coach, well one has to wonder.  Ned's had "big time players" -- your words -- before and has never done it.  So one could intelligently -- and without drinking the kool-aid -- deduce that there might be an ulterior motive. 

On the contrary, I hope these big time players have success.  I hope if they can score 40 points they'll win.  Know what I mean?!  Because a good defense is sine qua non to a championship football season.  Always has been, always will be.

Smitty, who's on the talking points now... HEY KOOLAID!!!  You wearing a giant solid red shirt?  Look, the FACT that you don't want to acknowledge the truth about Spring football in Nederland, doesn't change the facts... a point you are having a very hard time with.  Nederland has some big time players comin, I know that disappoints you.

Come on guy's face the facts, we don't have any pride, honor, or tradition in the pound! We are just mindless drones that don't have a clue what to do so we just copy the tribe. Everybody knows the only place talent can be located is on the sunny shores of the Neches. We must accept our fate and be assimilated into the common consciousness and listen to the backward mask LP's of old that said "fear the tribe" or was that "Paul is dead?"  Not sure any more because like they say if you say it long enough they will believe it!

Amen, brother!

Come on guy's face the facts, we don't have any pride, honor, or tradition in the pound! We are just mindless drones that don't have a clue what to do so we just copy the tribe. Everybody knows the only place talent can be located is on the sunny shores of the Neches. We must accept our fate and be assimilated into the common consciousness and listen to the backward mask LP's of old that said "fear the tribe" or was that "Paul is dead?"  Not sure any more because like they say if you say it long enough they will believe it!

Smitty, 

Just to set the record straight.  Nederland has had spring football before.  Maybe not during Neuman's tenure but I know for a fact they had spring football before him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23