Astros Close to Signing Pedro Martinez

Houston Astros are close to signing Pedro Martinez. A press conference has been announced for Wednesday morning at 8:45 CT in Kissimmee, FL. Martinez pitched for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic earlier this month and worked three scoreless innings in relief against The Netherlands. Martinez has a 214-99 lifetime record in 17 seasons.

Houston Chronicle is now reporting that the Pedro deal is not gonna happen. A reporter for the chronicle talked to owner Drayton McLane and McLane says that he is not selling the team or firing, hiring, or signing anyone. The press conference also has nothing to do with steroids. I believe someone leaked out information and now the Astros are trying to cover their tails up. Also, McLane says he's very confident about this news conference.

Guest JoesBros

I'd like to know how this rumor got started. I know some web site I never even heard of reported it but where are they getting their info?? That would be a huge lift for this pitching staff.

Guest Orangeboy

The first person I heard mention anything about was Carl Dukes on 97.5, he challenged Drayton to sign Pedro and 2 days later he was saying the Stros were close to sealing the deal. I think that was Monday and Wednesday.

From what I've seen in Spring Training they could use some bats as well, I know they'll come around but geeeeezzzzzz!  Can we at least get 2 wins in Spring?! :)

as of now we have 3....won today 9-7 i believe

3 in a row.....

WINNING STREAK!!  :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder