Best Bat for Coach Pitch

I know that this is a vague question, but my son has been playing for 3 years now and is 7 and in his first season of coach pitch.  He currently has a 27/17.5 Louisville Slugger TPX Omaha Bat.  I am currently looking at getting him a 28/18 Louisville Slugger TPX Triton Bat.  Does someone have this bat and can give me some opinions on it or have another bat that they would recommend?  His bat swing speed was last clocked in the low 40 MPH.  I want a big barrel either 2 5/8 or 2 3/4.  Thanks in advance for your advice.

the triton is a good bat also good bats with pop miken burn-u get the2 3/4 barrell & light weight 4 more bat speed,the louisville slugger catalyst is also a good one 2 3/4 barrell also.i manage the 8-u tx. roughriders & we swing the triton,miken & catalyst.these 3 bats led us to the 7-u world series title last year. 27/ 17 is a good size for most 7's wouldnt go over 28/18,lose 2 much bat speed. number seven must not have seen to much 8 or 7-u coach pitch most serious coaches dont pitch that slow. good luck with the bats my son swung a 28/18 catalyst last year & did very well with it but his bat speed is very significant ;D 

Powers  I would take the advice from kf89. It appears that he has been around and worked with alot of young serious kids. IMO the bat can make a difference. The old saying "you get what you pay for" is true even in the bats for 7year olds. It sound like your son has a strong swing,the ball will come off the bat better with a little more expensive bat and he will probably swing it for a few more years. Not a bad investment. numberseven make a good point if the kid has not matured and does not swing very good, then buy the cheaper bat and let him mature a little. If he is hitting the ball well he will enjoy himself more and this will build confidence. Anyway good luck!

I know that this is a vague question, but my son has been playing for 3 years now and is 7 and in his first season of coach pitch.  He currently has a 27/17.5 Louisville Slugger TPX Omaha Bat.  I am currently looking at getting him a 28/18 Louisville Slugger TPX Triton Bat.  Does someone have this bat and can give me some opinions on it or have another bat that they would recommend?  His bat swing speed was last clocked in the low 40 MPH.  I want a big barrel either 2 5/8 or 2 3/4.  Thanks in advance for your advice.

KP My son used a triton last year very good bat.

I bought him a XO Grid this year it is made by Louisville Slugger

Here is a link for you

I order all my sons bats and my players bats from this sight

This is the hidden content, please

if u buy a cheap bat from target or walmart u r cheating your kid,get him a high quality bat so he has a chance to compete.any of the bats i mentioned have 5 to 10 more miles per hour coming off the bat then the target-walmart bats & at least 20 to 25 feet more in distance.if your team has target & walmart bats & you play a team with tritons,xos,&catalysts you will get your ass kicked.the difference is noticable immediately.justbats is a good site also try hq4sports.com.   

I believe also you get what you pay for. A bat can make a difference.I would not go over a 28/18 for coach pitch.I do believe in a kid using a bat he can handle. 27/17  depending on the size of your child (especially if its the first year of coach pitch) would be a pretty good size. My boy is in his second year of mustang and he uses a Catalyst.

I just ordered the Louisville Slugger 2009 TPX Triton -10 Senior Bat 28/18 from hq4sports and it will be here on Wednesday.  I am excited and so is my son.  It is his first year of coach pitch but I feel that he is a strong 7 year old who will be 8 in three months.  Hits the pretty good.  We shall see.  Thanks again for the advice, input and even the criticism!!!!

i got 2 kids that play for me (8-u tx. roughriders) from twin county & 1 that used to play out there. blayne burnett-3rd base,greyson kash-of,& logan mcloed-of.i also work with a guy who coaches out there dustin hansen,i think his boy is 6 zac.i have a son that is 6 & i have been talking to dustin & sam kash about doing a select team with our boys next year if your are interested?

Would be very interested.  My son was on Sam's team two years ago and my son was on the all-star team with Zac and Gavin last year.  Greyson is a year older than my son.  I know BB as well, but he is older than my son as well.  Sam and Dustin both know me.  Thanks for all the info.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Is there really an allstar tee ball team?

Ha ha.  We pick our Tball allstars by who gets to the snowcone machine the fastest after the game.        :D

Lazeek plays PONY.  Allstars and playoff all the way up to Dallas for State Championship.  Southlake Carroll won title last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin