Congrats to the sutherlandSSSSSS!

Guest spinks

Guest spinks

I wanted to congratulate the Sutherland family on what had to be a very emotional moment for Mother, Father, and Son.  We all know how much success Coach Sutherland has had and we know how big of a part his wife is of that success.  With just a few seconds to go in the regional semifinal and the hawks up 2 points the youngest Sutherland Greyson went to the line for 2 in a moment that I am sure everyone in the family has dreamt of for years.  Greyson with a chance to put the Hawks up for good.  I know Coach and Mrs Sutherland have had some satisfying moments in their state championships but this had to be one of the most satisfying moments of their lives.  Their baby being coached by husband and father with Mother and sisters watching and greyson makes the free throw to assure the win for the Hawks.  I don't know if others noticed this moment but the second the free throw went through the net chills ran down my spine for a guy and a family who have given so much to children of other families it has to be satisfying to watch your own do that with so much pressure.  More pressure than any other kid will ever know.  Congrats.........you all deserve it!!!!

Guest spinks

Wow, Spinks, you and I were typing and thinking those same thoughts at the same moment (see the HJ Coaches thread).  It's like we were crossing our streams!

I just read that.  Great minds think alike slam.  The pressure has to be unreal.  The pressure for Coach Sutherland Coaching period is enough..........then to coach your child...........and then the pressure on the kid.  When I played at HJ I was lucky enough to have my brother as the assistant and that was hard.  I cannot imagine the pressure they feel.  You could never tell it in public.  The way they handle it is awesome!

Wow!!!thanks for the kind words. It is just surreal that Grayson is playing for Todd finally, we have dreamed of this day for a bunch of years - never in those dreams did it feel as intense as it turns out to be. I am so proud of my guys and the way they have handled the awkwardness of the whole first year situation. I can not say that there have not been some unpleasant moments at home throughout the season, but they have found a place for that...all I can really attribute it to is this - God is good!!! Now, you should know that Grayson is grounded for missing that first free throw, there is no excuse for that.....hee hee!!! Gotta love this game, huh???

Guest spinks

Wow!!!thanks for the kind words. It is just surreal that Grayson is playing for Todd finally, we have dreamed of this day for a bunch of years - never in those dreams did it feel as intense as it turns out to be. I am so proud of my guys and the way they have handled the awkwardness of the whole first year situation. I can not say that there have not been some unpleasant moments at home throughout the season, but they have found a place for that...all I can really attribute it to is this - God is good!!! Now, you should know that Grayson is grounded for missing that first free throw, there is no excuse for that.....hee hee!!! Gotta love this game, huh???

That is too funny!!!!!  Ground him but let him shoot free throws!!!!! I hope he has another chance Saturday.  Man would that be fun!

Im not gona lie, he came on the court and one time guarded Bailey, and i thought "man this kid is about to get taken." But he did a good job playing him and didnt let him go anywhere. Congrats on the great family awwwwwww moment. And good luck at state.

That was awesome, In that situation I'm not sure if I could, My first shot would be short of everything and the next would probably go over the backboard and shotclock....

Heck Poppa,  That's how you shoot without any pressure ;D ;D

Poppa will take on all when it comes to a game of horse.....Just dont make me run brotha

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami