HJ vs. Navasota Updates....HJ Wins!!!!!!!!!

KFDM COOP

from what i've heared, navasota was gonna be a tougher challenge than clevland, but different teams cause different matchups.... im hoping we can pull it out and get a Silsbee vs. HJ regional Final..... 

;D

Me too! That would be a GREAT Regional Final! Hopefullly H-J can take care of Cleveland and then they SHOULD just be able to coast up to the Regional Final.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HJ played a great game against a very athletic team, they only have two, now three losses the whole year. That was one of the best defensive gamesss I have seen us play. Their two bigs took up a lot of space in the lane but getting them into foul trouble early really helped. Jacoby & Trey had  an awesome game. That was also the best Ive seen Jarvis play in a long time, I was very glad to see him on the foul line knocking them down like he has done for the past two years....Now we look to Cleveland, man this is a tough row to hoe.....All of the Hawks played great tonight, Next game cleveland.

They have a big 6'5 like 300 pound kid but it will be hard to play good offense against them. They lack the experience but HJ never let size intimidate yall so I think yall match up well with them. If you play full court press defense on them then I think HJ can have a shot at beating them by 7+.

actually they have a legit big kid move well they run their offense thru him..their guards handle the ball well they are very solid defensively..still believe it's game for HJ/Silsbee as usual in regional finals

When they hit that 3 at the halftime buzzer, I thought, hmmm...  Nothing our 3rd Q effort couldn't overcome.  We went from down 9 to up 9 in about three minutes.  Rattled those Rattlers.  It was great to see the joy on the Hawks' faces, especially on Jarvis's face-- Jarvis's three-ball is back, and he knows it.

I am finally home after gorging myself at Pappasita's after the big Hawk win!!!!  Tonight was a night of high's and low's!!!!  After falling down 31-22 at half and watching a 40 footer hit nothing but cotton at the buzzer really hurt.  However it did not phase the Hawks at all.  They came out and went up 45-35 before Navasota knew what hit them.  HJ must have shot about 40% from the line in the 2nd half.  If they had shot a little better they could have blown it open early in the 4th.  All I can say is if Jacoby Turner does not win Defensive Player of the Year for the district it is ashamed.  He is incredible!!!!!  The entire starting five played great tonight!!!!  Ricossa must have had 5 blocks in the first quarter.  Gus has become a great PG and has learned to  make things happen even with tons of pressure.  Trey, Jarvis and Jacoby.........well they were what HJ has learned to expect from them!!!!!  Navasota is the deepest team I have seen all year.....they sub every dead ball and they were flat worn out at the end of the 3rd.  They are a solid 10-12 deep and HJ wore them down with a great defensive effort for the Hawks!!!!!  Navasota did cut it too 4 but then the Hawks did a great job of making sure the ball was in their leaders hands down the stretch and Benard nailed the FT when they were needed.  Great win and keep it going Hawks!!!!!

BTW.............Baller001 hit a 3 from the corner early in the 3rd only for it to be called off for a Navasota foul away from the ball!!!!!  Sorry Baller!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest tigersvoice

from what i've heared, navasota was gonna be a tougher challenge than clevland, but different teams cause different matchups.... im hoping we can pull it out and get a Silsbee vs. HJ regional Final..... 

;D

Me too! That would be a GREAT Regional Final! Hopefullly H-J can take care of Cleveland and then they SHOULD just be able to coast up to the Regional Final.

No, no, no!  There is no "Coast" gear in the play-offs.  Stay sharp and go for jugular early every game.  Let's get that regional play-off game that we all want to see. ;)

;D

No, no, no!  There is no "Coast" gear in the play-offs.  Stay sharp and go for jugular early every game.  Let's get that regional play-off game that we all want to see. ;)

i agree.. the second you take a team lightly, your gonna lose... and thats why the game is played, cuz anyone can win on any given night... coach sutherland will have them ready to play come wednesday thoughh..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami