WO-S vs LC-M..Who Wins And Why Comments

Who wins Friday night?  

1. 1. Who wins Friday night?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bridge City Card

I ran into Coach Griffth the LCM baseball coach' date=' he looks pretty good in his new shirt.

[img']http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6373/bojobrej3.jpg

::a

Hey Diva... I am a female as well on my husband's account. My husband transplanted me from Bridge City to the future state champs... WOS!! We live in Little Cypress...very close to the high school too but are devoted MUSTANGS!! So... I am being "easy!!"

Super! It's about time there was some more girl power on this board! :wink: Oh, and thanks for supporting the Bears with your tax dollars! :D

OK...OK...that "ragedy" football team you are talking about is a bunch of 15, 16 & 17 year old boys, so let's watch how we talk about them. WOS will win this game fairly easily. I went to the LCM/Caney Creek game last week, and while the Bears moved the ball pretty good offensively, their defense is very slow to react as the CC QB and RB ran all over them. WOS has much more talent than CC on offense. I say 44-6 WOS.

Look, support whoever you want, but the "BOJO" thing is both lame and gay. I'm sorry. Odessa Permian had "MOJO," but Odessa Permian was a legendarily good team. The bears are a traditionally very bad team. MOJO was OP's way of explaining the magic that just seemed to push them past other teams. it was their mystique. There is no "magic" or "mystique" behind LC-M. It's a very lame ripoff. No offense, but if the LC-M fans are chanting it during a game, it is going to get drowned out by the roar of laughter from the opposing side.

Look' date=' support whoever you want, but the "BOJO" thing is both lame and gay. I'm sorry. Odessa Permian had "MOJO," but Odessa Permian was a legendarily good team. The bears are a traditionally very bad team. MOJO was OP's way of explaining the magic that just seemed to push them past other teams. it was their mystique. There is no "magic" or "mystique" behind LC-M. It's a very lame ripoff. No offense, but if the LC-M fans are chanting it during a game, it is going to get drowned out by the roar of laughter from the opposing side.[/quote']

I am guessing this is Coach Moody trying to build some sort of rallying cry for his team. When I went to the game on Thursday, the only ones i heard chanting this was the players, not the fans. And I agree, it is a ripoff of MOJO, there is not doubt about that. But I bet you every school has some sort of weird (or lame and gay as you so eloquently put it) traditions, battle cry, etc. The WOS chanting "RAH, RAH" during the school song is one of the funniest things I have ever heard, but each school has their own thing. Not sure what the big deal is.

"OK...OK...that football team you are talking about is a bunch of 15, 16 & 17 year old boys, so let's watch how we talk about them."

Really?????? WOW,thanks for the info, I had no idea that were dealing with teenagers playing football here. Lets be honest,it has nothing to do with their ages or anything like that, it has to do with football....They will get hammered, this friday and probably every friday night to follow! I will never forget the year LCM beat WOS(7-10 years ago??) they hung a banner from the I10 bridge proclaiming what they did and they put it on one of their spirit shirts showing their accomplishment, and its odd, because that shirt is worn by some in LCM till this day. I had friends at LCM when I was in school (88-92) and we would smash them by at least 35 points,talk about it after the game,and there big comeback was "at least we scored first"..... This is only scratching the surface to this feud, Im sure some of you other WOS fans/alum could add to this list, remeber us having to forfeit games?????

It seems, in some way, weve earned the right to whatever silly little rah,rah battle cry that we want. Because, see in the end we back it up on the field, and if something is ever said about it after the fact we can just point to the scoreboard and the conversation is over.

I just wanted to know where they got "BOJO from" and if it stood for anything special....

"OK...OK...that football team you are talking about is a bunch of 15' date=' 16 & 17 year old boys, so let's watch how we talk about them."

Really?????? WOW,thanks for the info, I had no idea that were dealing with teenagers playing football here. Lets be honest,it has nothing to do with their ages or anything like that, it has to do with football....They will get hammered, this friday and probably every friday night to follow! I will never forget the year LCM beat WOS(7-10 years ago??) they hung a banner from the I10 bridge proclaiming what they did and they put it on one of their spirit shirts showing their accomplishment, and its odd, because that shirt is worn by some in LCM till this day. I had friends at LCM when I was in school (88-92) and we would smash them by at least 35 points,talk about it after the game,and there big comeback was "at least we scored first"..... This is only scratching the surface to this feud, Im sure some of you other WOS fans/alum could add to this list, remeber us having to forfeit games????? [/quote']

All I am saying is that that same ragedy bunch you are calling out are kids. And I remember that game that LCM won very well. It was 1994 when LCM won. I played on that team, but I don't ever remember hanging a banner on the I-10 overpass. I actually think I use my shirt to dust my cabinets with now. :lol:

I didnt think it was that long ago....Were aging ourselves :cry: .

you ain't lying!! I can't even cut the grass without having to take about 4 breaks. We didn't even get that many water breaks during two-a-days! I think one thing we can all agree on, no matter who you support: it sucks getting old

I am guessing this is Coach Moody trying to build some sort of rallying cry for his team. When I went to the game on Thursday, the only ones i heard chanting this was the players, not the fans. And I agree, it is a ripoff of MOJO, there is not doubt about that. But I bet you every school has some sort of weird (or lame and gay as you so eloquently put it) traditions, battle cry, etc. The WOS chanting "RAH, RAH" during the school song is one of the funniest things I have ever heard, but each school has their own thing. Not sure what the big deal is.

Thank you for recognizing my eloquence. Typically, the aesthetics of the written word are criminally overlooked in the message board community. I toyed with the words insipid, mindless and banal, but none of those really had kick. I wanted something short and punchy. I felt that "lame and gay" had the perfect rhythm. I'm thankful that someone with a true appreciation for the beauty of the English language was able to stumble across my phrasing and give me validation for my hours of toil. Thanks!

OK...OK...that "ragedy" football team you are talking about is a bunch of 15' date=' 16 & 17 year old boys, so let's watch how we talk about them. WOS will win this game fairly easily. I went to the LCM/Caney Creek game last week, and while the Bears moved the ball pretty good offensively, their defense is very slow to react as the CC QB and RB ran all over them. WOS has much more talent than CC on offense. I say 44-6 WOS.[/quote']

I agree with you, the kids are not the problem here. I can also see where you would think the "rah, rah" is funny, but we've been doing that for 28 years and at least it is our own. Now... YOU have to admit, being a Bear, that "BOJO" is a little bit embarrassing to you. :wink:

Guest bleed orange

Its funny how threads get started then we completely get off the suject. Sorry LCM but WOS will win this one pretty easy, I say 36-0. LCM has talent but have not won in football in a while. I am not cutting them down just don't understand why?

I can tell you that I would be embarrassed to say BOJO. I thnk someone pointed out that while it sounds eerily like MOJO, it also kind of sounds like BOZO. I remember when the saying used to be MO-Bear Magic, which was also a knock off on MOJO. But while it may be embarrassing to me or many others, I guess Moody is trying to start some kind of team rallying point, whether it is knocked off or not, my guess is he could give a rat's behind what any of us think.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder