WO-S vs LC-M..Who Wins And Why Comments

Who wins Friday night?  

1. 1. Who wins Friday night?

Its funny how threads get started then we completely get off the suject. Sorry LCM but WOS will win this one pretty easy' date=' I say 36-0. LCM has talent but have not won in football in a while. I am not cutting them down just don't understand why?[/quote']

I think it comes down to committment, not only from the kids, but also the coaching staff. I have not lived in Orange in quite some time (I went to probably the mosted hated University in the land..you guess what it is), but I heard that the coaches really did not work the kids hard in the offseason and that probably showed on the field. I remember going to one game a few years ago, and they could barely get the snap from Center to QB without fumbling the ball. That is something that is learned in JH. From what I have heard, Moody is getting back to basics with these kids, but it may take a while before they see the fruits of their labor.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should get into writing!! You are very Shakespearean when it comes to the written word. Are you the one who also came up with the "RAH, RAH" during the school song? Because that is so rich with eloquence, that is absolutely boggles one's mind. Seriously, though, I do agree, that if LCM was going to come up with some sort of slogan, then it should have been a little more original than BOJO.

I blame the movie Friday Night Lights, they were probally watching that movie for the 100th time and someone came up with the BOJO idea, lame yes, ripoff yes, dumb yes

We had 2 clowns from dayton that posed in the end zone and took imaginary pictures with imaginary cameras, then would toss the imaginary camera to the other player, who actually catch the imaginary camera, and take pictures of the other player who started posing,,,, straight out of friday night lights

That BOJO aint quite as gay as the picture posing,,, but its pretty close, and those two players graduated last year, so no more gay picture posing

Guest sideline

Another good tradition from Odessa Permian is the "FOR SALE" signs planted in the front yard of the head coach following any loss.

When was Moody at Permian anyway?

Back to the origial subject....again MUSTANGS win BIG.

Sideline... Nobody said Moody was at Permian. If you would read the other posts we were referring to the Bears "stealing" OP's slogan yet again. As for what it has to do with "who wins and why" we were curious if BOJO was maybe a code word or maybe even *magical.* ::sc

I think you should get into writing!! You are very Shakespearean when it comes to the written word. Are you the one who also came up with the "RAH, RAH" during the school song? Because that is so rich with eloquence, that is absolutely boggles one's mind. Seriously, though, I do agree, that if LCM was going to come up with some sort of slogan, then it should have been a little more original than BOJO.

I'm way ahead of ya. I've been doing it professionally for about eight years, so I appreciate the compliment (sarcastic or not). :P

I'm not a fan of Shakespeare, though. Shakespearean writing is pretty tedious to wade through. Call me a blasphemist but I've been there, done that, and I'm done with it.

My best work to date: "lame and gay." I'm actually considering that for the title of a book chronicling the history of lcm football.

Relax, bear fans. I'm kidding.

It will be called BOJO BAJIC.

I'm way ahead of ya. I've been doing it professionally for about eight years, so I appreciate the compliment (sarcastic or not). :P

I'm not a fan of Shakespeare, though. Shakespearean writing is pretty tedious to wade through. Call me a blasphemist but I've been there, done that, and I'm done with it.

My best work to date: "lame and gay." I'm actually considering that for the title of a book chronicling the history of lcm football.

Relax, bear fans. I'm kidding.

It will be called BOJO BAJIC.

I don't think Shakespeare was "lame and gay." I just think his (or whoever wrote under the name's) wording was poetic but very cumbersome to read. I've read my fair share, but I'm just not one of those guys.

I'm glad to hear that most folks at lcm don't get the "BOJO" thing, and thanks for clearing up its meaning. Still... lame and gay.

As far as the game goes, I think WO-S will win and win big. As far as why, to me it seems feirly simple. WO-S has a great football program and great coaches and great fan support. They also have the best 25 -30 athletes in a town of 17,000 people. That is the bottom line. It is not always the X's and O's, it's mostly the Larry's and Joe's. WO-S has consistently turned out athletes to Division I colleges and even the professional ranks. You have to go back to the 1950's to find a pro player from Little Cypress (and yes they had one). As far as BOJO is concerned, I don't know why the fans of WO-S always try to bash LCM for trying to start something. Believe me, it will be a long time before LCM becomes a threat to the WO-S Football Machine, if ever. This is not a rivalry, and frankly I don't know why WO-S gets so fired up about it. WO-S year in year out should and does win this game in convincing fashion. Finally I want to send a personal message to SDV2006. SDV I was one of those so called non-comitted coaches that worked for David Williams. You could not be further off base, I spent a good portion of my life in and out of season for 10 years trying to make sugar out of something less than sugar. I was as dedicated as anyone has ever been. Believe it or not, we left no stone unturned trying to bring a winner to LCM. Our off-season was as grueling as any ever in Texas. We were organized, we worked the kids just as hard as they are being worked now. And some years we only won 2 gaems, the exact total the Bears won last year. By the way, some years we also won 11, 9, and 11. Seems like when we had better players we were better coaches. So quit showing your ignorance by bashing those of us who were actually in the trenches. As Teddy Roosevelt said, "it's not the critic who counts, etc" Think about this before I go, what if Friday Night the two coaching staffs switched teams, then which team would win? I still say WO-S would win big.

As far as the game goes' date=' I think WO-S will win and win big. As far as why, to me it seems feirly simple. WO-S has a great football program and great coaches and great fan support. They also have the best 25 -30 athletes in a town of 17,000 people. That is the bottom line. It is not always the X's and O's, it's mostly the Larry's and Joe's. WO-S has consistently turned out athletes to Division I colleges and even the professional ranks. You have to go back to the 1950's to find a pro player from Little Cypress (and yes they had one). As far as BOJO is concerned, I don't know why the fans of WO-S always try to bash LCM for trying to start something. Believe me, it will be a long time before LCM becomes a threat to the WO-S Football Machine, if ever. This is not a rivalry, and frankly I don't know why WO-S gets so fired up about it. WO-S year in year out should and does win this game in convincing fashion. Finally I want to send a personal message to SDV2006. SDV I was one of those so called non-comitted coaches that worked for David Williams. You could not be further off base, I spent a good portion of my life in and out of season for 10 years trying to make sugar out of something less than sugar. I was as dedicated as anyone has ever been. Believe it or not, we left no stone unturned trying to bring a winner to LCM. Our off-season was as grueling as any ever in Texas. We were organized, we worked the kids just as hard as they are being worked now. And some years we only won 2 gaems, the exact total the Bears won last year. By the way, some years we also won 11, 9, and 11. Seems like when we had better players we were better coaches. So quit showing your ignorance by bashing those of us who were actually in the trenches. As Teddy Roosevelt said, "it's not the critic who counts, etc" Think about this before I go, what if Friday Night the two coaching staffs switched teams, then which team would win? I still say WO-S would win big.[/quote']

If I offended you, then I apologize. But I "was in the trenches" in that I played football for LCM, so I believe that I am not ignorant about the program, seeing I bled, sweated, and cried for that program. If you read my ealier post, I also stated that I had heard that the committment was not there. I did not personally witness this, just opinions I had heard from others. I can tell you when I was there, we worked our rears off, but it paid off by having some very good years. What I had heard after about '98 was that the everyone in the program lost focus (coaches & players) and supposedly it showed on the field. Once again, you feel I disrepected you, then I apologize.

First... Bojo was not started at LCM, it was borrowed from Odessa Permian. Ok... on to WOS... That is the problem, WOS is always fired up for football. It is not only the LCM game. They are always ready to play anyone anywhere whether it be on a field or in the Wal-Mart parking lot. WOS fans are already planning for the next season at the end of the last game. For them, it does not end then... it carries through to next season. I thinks that if the coaches switched, WOS would stil win because they have the dedication and determination for the game. I think they could win with no coaches on the field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder