Prayers for Indian Ken's Family

can someone explain to us non png fans who indian ken is?  i am guessing he was a big fan/supporter of png football?

Indian Ken was a fan who dressed up each week in a full Indian headdress, leather suit, warpaint, the whole works.  Hes sat in the stands and could really get the crowd going.  He's been an Indian supporter for many years. He also was very active in the community and school activities.  The kids loved him as did many fans.  He was a dedicated PNG fan who personified.....Honor.........Pride...........Tradition!  My prayers and thoughts are with his family at this time.

ken.png.jpg

Indian Ken

Guest JoesBros

If my memory is correct he started attending games in the Indian outfit in the 89' season when PNG made that quaterfinal run. Since then year in and out he was at ever game dressed in the same outfit and was there when the gates opened. If you are a PNG fan you know exactly who he is and not only was he a great PNG fan but a wonderful person on top of it all. He will definatley be miss at the Reservation. I say we get the school to save his seat at Indian Stadium in memory of this great man.

If my memory is correct he started attending games in the Indian outfit in the 89' season when PNG made that quaterfinal run. Since then year in and out he was at ever game dressed in the same outfit and was there when the gates opened. If you are a PNG fan you know exactly who he is and not only was he a great PNG fan but a wonderful person on top of it all. He will definatley be miss at the Reservation. I say we get the school to save his seat at Indian Stadium in memory of this great man.

Man, that is a GREAT idea!  I think so too, seriously.  That would be a wonderful memorial to a dedicated fan of PNG.

My condolences to his family,

NDN Ken was truly an icon for unrelentless local high school fans.  He touched the lives of several people on The Reservation.  This area truly needs more grown men that are willing to eat at the IHOP dressed in only a loin cloth and a head dress.  Perhaps his legacy will inspire more local caricutures such as "Will the Warrior," "Brad the Brave," or "Mike the Mime."

Please keep the NDN Ken family in your thoughts and prayers.

Indian Ken was a wonderful man who adored the band kids.  He would travel to all band competitions to watch them perform and cheer them all.  He loved all the kids and genuinely gave his time to them, just to see them do well.  

This year the band gave him a plaque commemorating his support of the band for the past 25 years.  It was done in the stands and he was so touched and proud.  They say it takes a village to raise a kid and even though his own were grown and out of school he stayed on for our kids.  It takes a special person to do that and he will be missed!

My daughter just got the sad news about Indian Ken from her PNG twirler friend.

Please pass our respects and deepest condolences to his family.

I had the pleasure of meeting Indian Ken at the last UIL marching competition at LCM. My daughter had met Indian Ken at the IHOP while she was in her NHS band uniform.  She had tears in her eyes today when she told me about his passing...she said he had picked with her in fun,  about wearing the "wrong" uniform..that it should have been purple and white.  She was truly touched by his kindness and good humor.  I remember at the UIL comp, he personally invited my family and I to come visit with him at the next MCM at the Reservation.  He was truly a gentleman with a kind heart and a spirit that touched us deeply.  He will be missed by the Bulldog community as well.

Rest in Peace my friend,

YD

Sounds like a great man, our prayer will be with his family.

Although I only had the pleasure of knowing him for a relatively short period of time, he was truly a fine, spiritual gentleman who seemed to have a caring heart for everyone he met.  He was the type of man who exemplified what the quote "Strangers are friends you have yet to meet" really means.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder