Any league for 15 years old other than Babe Ruth

bbjunk53

Bridge City is going to have at least 2 teams maybe three in SR. ball.(15-16yr.olds).They are taking sign-ups and the season for the Sr. league ball season will not start until May 1st. so to not interfere with high school ball.Since there is not Sr. ball in Nederland and Pt. Neches kids from that area can play in B.C.

Just in case somebody did want to know, B.C. does scholarship kids.They never turn a kid away for financial reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to the NBR presdent yesterday at reg. seems like this group really is doing great things for the leage.  lots of people out there workin on the feilds .  also. the draft procedur from last year has been changed for this year. it was really screwed up last year.  they will redraft all teams this year and then next year have a new draft procedure that sounds like it will work pretty good. i also heard that the problem with the two board members everyone is concerned about might be a moot point.  seems tthat they havent even been to any of the meetings or registrations and that they havent even signed there boy up to play.  maybe they'll just resign since they know everyone that knows about there past at GNLL is against them being on the board at NBR.  would probaby be the best for the league if they would just step down so more of these Groves and PN kids would come back to the NBR.

Is there any other league besides Nederland Babe Ruth for 15 years old? Is Bridge City Pony taking any 15 year old.

have not read through all posts yet on this topic but I know that BCLL is taking 14 year olds - not sure about 15 year olds. I would assume they are.  Look on bcll.org and contact one of the board members with your question.  I wish I could answer your question but i feel confident that you can get your answer that way.  Good Luck!

thank you, queenb77630.  Unfortunately, BC will not have a 15 year old team.  BC kids are trying to play NBR and were told by the NBR president can't play there.  They are opting for playing Sr BR, which we forgot about.  Yes, 15 year old can play SRBR.  They have allowed Nederland kids to do this before, I don't see why not.  To wutup, thank you for clearing up information.  As far as we know, the element can't be removed like you say, unless they stepped down, because the they were elected?? for this position.  We know that most 13 year olds from PNG did not sign up there due to this.  A lot of 14 year olds did the same.  And the 15 are stuck.  Now we know that NBR numbers are down from previous years.  GOOD LUCK new board, you have a long way to go to prove yourself.  NOW you can be called Nederland BR. GOOD LUCK Port Neches Pony, you are looking better and better each year. 

bbjunk53  -You information is wrong on BC not having 15 yr. old baseball.The fact is that they already have 2 and almost 3 teams of 15-16 yr. olds and will interleague with a couple of other leagues in the area.The 15-16 yr.old league will not start until May 1st. so as to give the kids a chance to finish High school ball.It will be a 6-7 week season with 12-14 games being played.If anyone needs more information on signing up they can go to www.bcll.org and contact the VP of that league.

bbjunk, i dont know why you keep ripping NBR.  yes they may have had thier share of problems in the past but what leage hasnt? i am from PN and my kids have played in NBR and i still have one playing there.  the parents there have welcomed our kids as they are there own and not mistreated us becaue we wear purple. i have had great experience at NBR and my older son benefited from playing on the big field over the smaller field in Pony. it helped him prepare for what was to come in hs.  As far as the "element" we all know about at NBR board. i heard tonight the "element" resigned from the board.  i was concerned about this person, but did not want my son to suffer and miss a good experienc because of one person on the board. but now that is not an issue any longer so i can't wait for hs ball to be over and for BR to start..i enjoy the friends i have made from nederland.they are good neighbors just like us.

I talked to the NBR presdent yesterday at reg. seems like this group really is doing great things for the leage.  lots of people out there workin on the feilds .  also. the draft procedur from last year has been changed for this year. it was really screwed up last year.  they will redraft all teams this year and then next year have a new draft procedure that sounds like it will work pretty good. i also heard that the problem with the two board members everyone is concerned about might be a moot point.  seems tthat they havent even been to any of the meetings or registrations and that they havent even signed there boy up to play.  maybe they'll just resign since they know everyone that knows about there past at GNLL is against them being on the board at NBR.  would probaby be the best for the league if they would just step down so more of these Groves and PN kids would come back to the NBR.

skipper???????????

From what I hear the league will only be down one team in the 13yr. old division.  Looks like they will have the same amount or maybe one more team than last year in the 14-15yr old division.  14-15yr old division should be some very good baseball this year, last years 14yr olds went to the world series and this years 14 have quite a few quality players coming back to league play. Should be a good year.

Contrary to what I've read , the board members had no influence on the PN kids playing Pony vs. BR. They just wanted to play with their schoolmates.And as far as field size is concerned (watup) , I'm glad it worked for you but the kids that played Pony last year that are starters on the PNHS freshman team aren't having any trouble adapting ( 1 loss this year ) to the high school field.Both have advantages / disadvantages.

Hi, I am the new Player Agent at NBRL.  I am aware of the issues you have expressed.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me.  I want everyone to know that there are several new Board members & I hope you will give NBRL a second chance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Orangeboy

I was told that in BCLL some 15 year olds are playing with them the 13-14 league right now. They also told me that the 15 year olds are not allowed to pitch.  ??? Anyone know any facts on this or have more info on why these kids can't pitch?

I think the reason is that it's a 13/14 league, and the 15's that are playing either didn't make the freshman team or they were not a freshman yet. JMO. So in saying that I think the league didn't want to turn kids away that wanted to play. JMO

I was told that in BCLL some 15 year olds are playing with them the 13-14 league right now. They also told me that the 15 year olds are not allowed to pitch.  ??? Anyone know any facts on this or have more info on why these kids can't pitch?

I can't say for sure, but i believe bridge city has 5 junior (13-14) teams. Later after freshman ball, they will have the senior (15-16) teams. Last year they had them mixed, but from what i'm told, this yr they will be separate. Most little leagues don't field a 15-16 yr old team until after freshman ball is over. Hopefully there is a bridge city board member logged on that can answer this 100%. Oh..and also, Vidor little league will have a couple of senior teams (15-16) They will interleague with bridge city and some other local little leagues. Signups will be later in May.

I can't say for sure, but i believe bridge city has 5 junior (13-14) teams. Later after freshman ball, they will have the senior (15-16) teams. Last year they had them mixed, but from what i'm told, this yr they will be separate. Most little leagues don't field a 15-16 yr old team until after freshman ball is over. Hopefully there is a bridge city board member logged on that can answer this 100%. Oh..and also, Vidor little league will have a couple of senior teams (15-16) They will interleague with bridge city and some other local little leagues. Signups will be later in May.

You are correct.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder