****Here's your PN-G applicant list...**IS THE COACH PN-G WANTS ON THE LIST?

I would hope that a coach would not really get on these message boards and actually post.  It is ok to get on here and read to get a feel for the community but it is very unhealthy to post.  I wish you well Young Coach but the great detail you have of Mr. Garrett is unbelievably detailed for someone that is from around here or knows anything about PNG Football and the Pride and Tradition that is expected.  We respect your desire to improve your status from where you are at...hell you wouldnt be human.  But let me be clear, the Expectations are great and if you are chosen you will be expected to perform quickly and the pressure will unimagineable!  So good luck to you but I would hope that we dont see  you post on here anymore unless you want to know more about the school, the traditions and the living in what we like to call Cherokee Nation.  Good luck and I truly wish you well!!!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

If a guy is a off guru it will work and thats what vance is. I mean lumberton pounds the ball and they win. I mean im sure vance can get the kids to believe in the system. Im sure if vance has to put some pass plays in he will. 

Plfugerville went the the state finals in 5A 2 years ago running the same offense. Liberty Hill has been crushing teams not just beating them since hes been there and hes won 2 out of the last 3 state titles in 3A. Lumberton ran the ball 90% of the time and came out with a piece pf the district title the last 2 years and Central went 4 rounds deep running the ball 90% of the time. Liberty Hill also has the same demigraphics as PNG so I would say its a good fit. They also waffle stomped Gilmer in the state game 2 years ago and didnt throw the ball 1 time. Gilmer also had more D1 Talent on that team than most 5A schools. Liberty Hill didnt have any D1 athletes.

Word in the 3A world is he's just trying to get a little more money at LH.

Well, if that's the case, it's a good thing the applicant list got released. Now LH will know he is putting his hat in the ring for another job. Just think, if the list had never been released he wouldn't have had a bargaining chip. 

;D  ;D  ;D

Well, if that's the case, it's a good thing the applicant list got released. Now LH will know he is putting his hat in the ring for another job. Just think, if the list had never been released he wouldn't have had a bargaining chip. 

;D  ;D  ;D

From what I hear Danaher was the applicant that asked that they try and keep the list from the media. If true then it should say a little about his intentions.

As far as Vance and is offense is concerned, PNG has been a run, run, pass, punt offense for so long now, I think alot of people are leary of running even more. I agree you can run to a state title if you are mixing it up and play good defense, but we had that here and it just wasn't getting it. I think we want something a little different. But if they do hire Vance I won't argue with the sucess!

Jerry Vance is a much better coach than Stump. yall should thanking the load he applied and hope he is not just doing it to get more money at LH

How old is Vance?

Will his offense work at the 4A level? They run 99+% of the time.

That question gets me every time.  If its successful enough to win state then of course it would be successful at the 4A level. 

;D  ;D  ;D

From what I hear Danaher was the applicant that asked that they try and keep the list from the media. If true then it should say a little about his intentions.

As far as Vance and is offense is concerned, PNG has been a run, run, pass, punt offense for so long now, I think alot of people are leary of running even more. I agree you can run to a state title if you are mixing it up and play good defense, but we had that here and it just wasn't getting it. I think we want something a little different. But if they do hire Vance I won't argue with the sucess!

Danaher intended to keep it confidential from his athletes. If offered the position, he wanted to break the news to his team, not the local newspaper. His Superintendant was informed of his intentions before he applied. Danaher adapts his offense to the athletes in his program. If talent exists at the QB position he has been know to run a shotgun/spread offense. That's part of the reason his programs have been so successful.

;D  ;D  ;D

Danaher intended to keep it confidential from his athletes. If offered the position, he wanted to break the news to his team, not the local newspaper. His Superintendant was informed of his intentions before he applied. Danaher adapts his offense to the athletes in his program. If talent exists at the QB position he has been know to run a shotgun/spread offense. That's part of the reason his programs have been so successful.

Thats all I could ask for is to run what your talent lets you.Let the talent dictate, you can't force the spread if O if you don't have the kids to do it, and same is true for power ground game. I am not hung up like some on throwing because it is different. Just do what works, if its running the ball then go for it and control the clock.

If u got the right guy that knows how to do it. Then it works

I want a coach that sees if we have the athletes that throwing the ball is best, then do it. If we have the type of athletes to run the ball north to south down your throat then he does that.Whatever it takes to get a W.

If u got the right guy that knows how to do it. Then it works

I want a coach that sees if we have the athletes that throwing the ball is best, then do it. If we have the type of athletes to run the ball north to south down your throat then he does that.Whatever it takes to get a W.

This is what I am talking about. I want a guy that adjusts to his talent each year. Not someone that is going to try and put a square plug in a round hole just because that is what he is used to! After researching, Danaher has mixed it up quite a bit over the years. I like that. I also like some of the different things that Faircloth has done with Permian and HP before (not sure about his involvement in the playcalling at Westlake, but I know he is used to winning!).

;D  ;D  ;D

Thats all I could ask for is to run what your talent lets you.Let the talent dictate, you can't force the spread if O if you don't have the kids to do it, and same is true for power ground game. I am not hung up like some on throwing because it is different. Just do what works, if its running the ball then go for it and control the clock.

Couldn't agree more. I wish Vidor would take note.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476